I have a 2007 base model 2.7L I4 access cab 4x4.
Since this is one thing I am going for than not many other major modders are going for, I will start with the gas-conscious decisions I have made:
- Most important is my driving style. I get up to speed and higher gears promplty but smoothly, and coast in neutral any time I can.
- I switched my engine oil over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0W-20
- I switched the transmission, front differential, transfer case and rear differential over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic 75W-90
- I removed the secondary air filter and added an AFE Pro Dry S drop-in air filter, but noticed .5-1 MPG increase. Not much but the fact that I will never have to buy another air filter without sacrificing MPG is great.
- I am selling my 17" FJ rims so I can stick to 16" wheel with a smaller tire
(and look more proportioned doing it) to save mpgs.
- Next I will add either 245/75R16 or 255/70R16 tires to keep a smaller size and save on some fuel consumption. I don't have a need for huge tires, just better traction.
- Those tires I have decided to be Bridgestone Dueller Revo ATs since they have better traction ratings than BFG ATs and seem to be the most street friendly ATs out there.
- I have decided against a big lift and am instead doing to leave it stock or add some shocks to level it only.
- I am thinking about selling my sliders (never installed) to keep the 90lbs off of my truck, but have not decided yet.
- Installed Doug thorely Long tube headers. Lost a little power in the low end, but have a nice gain at 1500-2000 rpms and above
I did a White headlight mod, blacked out the emblems, and added a white shorty antennae.
Then I swapped hoods with another member
The less notable additions were the SR5 seat covers and TRD floor mats.
To sum it up...
- White headlights
- White shorty Antennae
- Black emblems
- Mobil 1 oil in engine, transmission, front diff, transfer case, rear diff
- AFE Pro Dry S Drop in Air filter with removed secondary air filter
- TRD Floor mats
- SR5 Seat covers
- Doug Thorely Long tube Headers
- Sliders (may sell)
- LEDs for gauge cluster
- Sockmonkey bedside decals
- Dynomax muffler
- 16" steel wheels (after I sell my current FJ wheels)
- Bridstone Dueller Revos in 245/75or 255/70
- ARB Rear locker (after truck is fully paid off)