Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

09blacktaco's build

Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
09blacktaco's build

2009 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Offroad

How it sits today. 29,000 miles

This is in stock form (removed mud flaps, diff-lock mod, and shorty antenna). About 3600 miles.

Mid Travel setup:
Fox 2.5 front CO
Fox 2.0 rear CO
All Pro 3" 11 pack springs
All Pro U bolt flip with Timbrens
TC UCA
Toytec Shims for rear axle
BFG MT KM2 285/70 R17
17" Pro Comp 8128's
Black lugs

Before Rims and Tires were installed.

All put together!

Figured I would put up an updated picture of the truck. Took the "TRD Offroad" sticker and badges off the rear. Also got the suspension adjusted properly. The front skid is off to get line x'd black.

Took me about 1.5 days to install everything. The rear was super easy. I did install the rear toytec 3 degree shims (No carrier bearing spacers) and have almost no vibes. Only a small shudder at takeoff. I'm very happy with the quality of all the components.

Update.

Added a bunch of stuff:

Mounted spare in bed with tiregate system

AP rear bumper

AP front bumper, Warn winch, fog, and driving lights (shit ass picture)

LT setup:
AP LT
Fox 2.5 CO's
Currie Axles
Timbren Bumpstops

Install thread over in the longtravel section:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...-question.html

Birf's complete taken apart and cleaned before new axles go in.

Spidertrax 1/25" rear spacers with AP LT front.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
The Fox's finally came in while I was on vacation.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I like those wheels! Nice choice on the lift components! I'm jealous!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Rollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the rough
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
Holy cow- nice goods there.. You can tell you love your tacoma more than most everything else when you have tires and springs etc on a hardwood floor.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco View Post
2009 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Offroad

This is in stock form (removed mud flaps, diff-lock mod, and shorty antenna). About 3600 miles.

Stuff that has been ordered and delivered:
All Pro 3" 11 pack springs
TC UCA
Toytec Shims for rear axle
BFG MT KM2 285/70 R17
17" Pro Comp 8128's
Black lugs

Stuff thats back ordered waiting on delivery:
All Pro U Bolt Flip w Timbrens

More pics to come!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #10
Thanks guys, hopefully this stuff wont have to sit around for long before it gets installed.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Those wheels are awesome.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
U bolt flip and Timbrens came today! I'm all set for the install this weekend!!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
the anticipation is killing me... going to be an awesome setup
Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgman View Post
the anticipation is killing me... Going to be an awesome setup
x10000.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #15
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
nice, can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #18
Yea, I have some updates alright!

Started Saturday morning around 8am. Finished the front around 4pm. Adjusting the coilovers took me forever. First I adjusted them too high (4" of thread showing) So I had to take it back apart. I ended up leaving 3" of thread on the driver and 2.8" on the passenger.

Started the rear on Sunday at 8am. Finished around 11am. Really easy!

Rides pretty good.

Completed rear

It's in the shop for Wheels, Tires, and alignment right now.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #20
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Wow man that looks great!