Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Keason1* build

Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Keason1* build

EDIT: TRUCK SOLD.

my new ride

I guess its time for my build page...

list of mods:

inside-
pioneer DEH-P5000UB Head unit
6 1/2" image dynamics components
all weather mats
led cupholder mod
25% tint on front windows
2% tint on rear windows
Mag light seat mount
Wet Okole seat covers
garmin nuvi GPS
BOSS Bass 1200 sub

outside-

FOX 2.0 coilovers set at 2.5" -removed swaybar
wheelers 3 pack AAL in rear, removed overload leaf
billy 5100's in rear
aux reverse lights
aux light in bed
6000k HIDs
Grillcraft grill
nfab lightbar with 4 hella 500's w/ 2 converted to 55w HID's
de-badged
moto metal wheels
nitto dune grappler 285-65X18's

Flowmaster 50 series, single in - single out, dumped before the axle
hand built Bed bar with Amber lights

I bought my truck as a base model pre runner in feb of 08.
here is the only pic of it before I started modding it...

It only lasted a week like this.

after spending a year in Korea I had a lot of money saved up and I wanted some new shit....I turned this
into this

I went to rock and roll off road and had them install the toytec 3" spacer lift with AAL in the rear along with my moto metals and nitto dune grappler 285-65X18's

I installed a K&N CAI a week after that and painted the engine cover EDIT: Sold K&N for other things...I miss it...its sounded so mean at WOT

with that "stimulus check" that everyone got I ordered a N-fab lightbar and 2 sets of hella 500's
Then came the blacked out tails and 3rd brake light and a set of aux reverse lights

I had 2 on there for awhile and one decided to crap out on me so I took it off and now im only running one...

next was the grillcraft grill
Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

somwhere in there I installed a set of 6K hids

sorry i dont have a better pic of them

My Pioneer P5000UB HU Gotta have that Ipod hook up!

I did the led cupholder mod and led footwells

Maglight seat mount. I used the quick fist, got it at Cabellas for $7. LED maglight @wal mart $30

I put in a cobra cb with a 3' firefly antenna

and my most recent mod was installing the FOX 2.0 coilovers
and removing the swaybar. It rides like a caddy...sooo smooth

If whoever decides to get a set of these dont do the 4" of thread like all pro says....
you will get a terrible ride and they will make bad popping/clunking sounds.

I have about 2.5" of thread showing on the passenger side and 2 3/4" thread on the driver side and I think they are perfect.
I keep the resi set at 2 or 3 for daily driving.

im sure there is some stuff i missed and I will update as I remember or add more stuff..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking truck, good job.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #5

thanks guys!

I just ordered a set of spidertrax wheels spacers. hopefully that will help a little whith my wheels rubbing on the frame
Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #6

just added some spidertrax wheel spacers. They made my tires rub in alot more places than before, so I had to do alot more trimming on the front and rear of the fenders and even trim some metal!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #8

yea, instead of just rubbing on the cab mounts they started rubbing on the fenders more. I guess before my wheels were tucked in just enough to clear them.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #10

I had the parts laying around for awhile and I finally got around to building a bed mount light bar.

I also took my wheel spacers off, here's a pic of how wide my stance was with them on
Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #11

I just installed wheelers 3 pack AAL. So far on road they ride the same, I did a little flexing today but couldnt find a good spot.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build. I love your shocks.

I've got a question on the 2.0's though. All Pro says they're 8way adjustable. Does that mean that they are only adjustable in increments of .5''? Or are they infinetly adjustable? I'm asking because I'm curious if the Taco driver's side lean comes if putting a little more preload on one side is plausible to prevent it.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
I just re read it on allpro and it says that the remote resi's are 8 way adjustable. Is this correct and the shock preload is infinitly adjustable?
the springs are adjustable with the spanner nut just like any other coilover.
the RR has an 8 way selectable knob that allows to to adjust the shock dampening, 1 being the softest to 8 being the most stiff
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Sweet thanks.
NP
Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #17
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Love your blacked out tails. Overlay, VHT, Clear w/ black?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #18

thanks
I used krylon fuision with clear over that
Old 11-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #19
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. how do you like the fox 2.0 RR, im stuck in between the 2.0 or 2.5.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #20

Thanks
I love them. there's really no need for the 2.5's unless your going desert running.