Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mobi's White Lightnin

Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
mobius will become famous soon enough
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Mobi's White Lightnin

I know the title is dumb but I'm not very creative this morning, haven't had my cup of coffee yet. So here's what's up...I bought a 2007 Access Cab in October of '07. I've been wanting to do some things to it but didn't have the cash until now...so the build begins. I just bought a set of TRD 5 spokes cheap, planning to either paint them black or powder coat them...haven't decided yet. I got this idea from SilverBack's tacoma thread. Love the look and they were extremely cheap. I'm also going to add a Grillcraft mesh grille and black bull bar. I'm picking up a TRD hood today...love the look of those. Anyway here's a pic of how she sits today. Hopefully have more pics in the upcoming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mobi's White Lightnin-tacoma2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Haha...that was my old 94'...she was a great truck. Had 320k on her when I sold her. The only thing I had to do to her was install a new starter...only problem I ever had. I think I only put 3 sets of brake pads on her too. She was rusting pretty bad and I was ready for a 4x4, so I upgraded. oh, and Ghost, your truck is Sick! Love it.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius View Post
........., and Ghost, your truck is Sick! Love it.

Thanks man, can't wait to see what yours turns into!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Well the guy I was getting the TRD wheels from is going outta town and can't seem to meet me anywhere reasonable to pick them up. So now I'm burnt on the idea. I'm thinking about just painting my current wheels black and removing the center cap, then throw a set of aggressive rubber on em and call it a day. What you think Ghost?

Picking up the TRD hood this afternoon...taking it to a buddy tomorrow so he can paint it next week. Maybe by next weekend I'll at least have a new hood on it. Might order my bull bar this weekend too.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius View Post
...... I'm thinking about just painting my current wheels black and removing the center cap, then throw a set of aggressive rubber on em and call it a day. What you think Ghost?

I say, "you gotta do............what you gotta do"

Post pics when you're done! We love pics.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #9
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Hood

The TRD hood came in Friday...ready for paint!
Attached Thumbnails
Mobi's White Lightnin-photo.jpg  
Old 08-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i love those hoods!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
I do too wildjersey! I'm hoping it turns out good! Hopefully have it on the truck in a few days.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed
Old 08-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #13
Jerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: MLB Driver
Jerseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hood

How much did the hood cost you?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #14
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
$225
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
is that an oem hood? or aftermarket oem?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #16
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Its an aftermarket. I took it to a friend of mine who owns a body shop and we compared it to an actual toyota. It looks dead on, the angles match, overall dimensions match...so I'm hoping it fits good.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
mobius's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Hood is on...

Hey guys,

Got the hood on today. I'm really pleased with the turn out. Fit was awesome and quality seems good. I think I made a good choice. What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
Mobi's White Lightnin-img_0442.jpg   Mobi's White Lightnin-img_0445.jpg  
Old 08-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
you drive a moonshine mobile? how cool is that.

jk nice tuck
Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #20
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I figured I'd revive this thread for you and give you some motivation to continue w/ the mods!