Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TR3NT's Build

Old 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
TR3NT's Build

I have 2009 White Double Cab SR5 Prerunner that I was so fortunate to receive in March. Since then I've been slowly saving money to make the truck more my own.

Here's the most recent picture of it:

And this was on day one:

1) Add the hose clamp to the tailgate.
2) Debadge the truck
3) Buy a color matched grille surround
4) I scored a billet grille for cheap so then I used 3M Rubberized Coating to black it out.
5) Sockmonkey then hooked me up with the lower bumper vinyl.
6) I then got a killer deal on some TRD 16'' Offroad Rims with tires that were blacked out so they only needed minor touch ups.
7) For my bday I got a set of Bilstein 5100's and currently have them set at 2.5'' up front.
8) more mods thru out thread

I'm taking suggestions on what I should do next. So let me know what you think!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
nice build man, truck looks complete. i say you do the bhlm and maybe color match your rear bumper?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
truck is looking purty! yeah what HB said and maybe some new rubber. Regardless truck is looking real good man
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. looks similar to mine.
get some blacked out headlights!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I say when I'm done with work today we try and recess that billet grille back an inch or so.

I agree with the everyone else...bumper...bhlm...maybe 285's

Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
^^Thanks guys... i definitely want to go with the black headlights and color matched bumper
Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Showed TR3NT how to bondo/fiberglass and when I came home he had it all sanded down and was test fitting his billet grille. Looks like it took a lot of work to get the billet recessed due to its original size.

Here's a quick teaser pic I snapped of it:
Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
saving up

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
Updates:

Spent the weekend with 1BlkT taping and spraying the front bumper valence with 3m rubberized coating to match my satoshi. I let it dry and coated it a bunch with krylon fusion and clear coats.

Up close pic of my paint job. I wanted to match the upper satoshi so I tried to give the lower billet a recessed look without actually recessing it. Paint was the perfect solution. I call it the cheaters LRGM(lower recessed grille mod).
Old 08-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
looks really good! keeep it up.
btw did you leave the centercaps off ?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
saving up

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. yeah i bought these rims from a guy off from ttora and he had lost 2 off the caps.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3NT View Post
thanks. yeah i bought these rims from a guy on ttora and he had lost 2 of the caps.
Fixed
Old 08-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
very nice clean and simple. keep it up
Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
saving up

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesii View Post
You think that will hold up over time? I was thinking of buying a can of that stuff a long time ago, it looks useful for lots of stuff...
It's work well so far but i've been clear coating it in attempts to stop fading. Only time will tell.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #17
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Time to finish up recessing your spare white grille so you can sell it. Then you can use the money for some Black Headlights
Old 08-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
saving up

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
threw on a Toyota badge over the weekend:
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #20
saving up

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man