Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

W8N4MUD's build

Old 08-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
W8N4MUD has 173,000 miles and going...

Updated 4/27/14
06' Tacoma + Albert = W8N4MUD

Action shot by PandaJerk.

The build begins.
Line-X'd Skid Plate
I LOVE IT! It looks good and feels great (Yes, I touch my skid plate). Talk to Dallas and he'll take care of you of guys. The workmanship is excellent and you can even get a UV coating for a little extra to prevent fading which is what I opted for on the valence.
For those of you in San Diego, their address is:
2704 Transportation Ave ste A & B
National City, CA 91950.
(619) 477-1796

Added the 2nd skid plate to finish the bottom

Front Bumper Valence Line-X'd / Fog Light Mod

Added the Grillcraft Grill

Added a Toyota Emblem on the Grillcraft.
My opinion on this mod after doing it twice, is to spray the whole thing black first before spray painting the letters your own color unless of course you want them white which is from the factory. If you do color it, put a clear coat over the top.

2010 Smoked Chrome Headlights

Purchased a new Black Hood Scoop

Avid Light Bar
Finish completed by Dallas at Line-X in National City
Originally Ron's (Edrin55), I took possession of this bad boy when he started to sell off his accessories. It looked great on his truck and just good on mine.

Custom European Front License Plate

Added the lower front Grillcraft on the bumper

Added Black Sand Pearl Factory Badges

Added WeatherTech Window Visors

Added the Factory Roof Rack & removed the OEM Side Steps.

Added Elite Off Road Sliders
Elite off Road website http://www.eliteoffroadproducts.com/
Coating done by Dallas at Line-X in National City
Installed by Quinn at 74Weld in San Diego http://74weld.com/contact-us/

265/70/R17 Cooper Discoverer ATP tires (purchased from Discount Tire on 7/12/12 @ 141,555 miles).

ATX Artillery Rims with a Teflon coat

Replaced the stock 06 tail lights with the L.E.D. ones.

Factory Tailgate handle with Sony Camera

Sony Rear View Camera

License Plate LED Lights
All L.E.D. lights from another TW member called CSJUMPER2003.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-lights.html

LEDs on the 3rd Brake Light

LEDs inside the Fog Lights. A direct replacement.

Bilstein 5100's - Front

Bilstein 5100's - Rear

Add-a-Leaf by PRO COMP

Exhaust Tip

Removal of Mud Flaps
MUD FLAPS!!! Had I known they were going to leave an imprint, I would have taken them off from the get go! This sucks. I think having them off makes the truck look higher. Plus, the MUD gets on the truck easier. Therefore, it doesn't always look like I'm waiting for mud.

Haul Master Tow Hook - A must have!

SmittyBilt Tow Strap - A must have!

Got Stuck!
I knew this hook and strap would come in handy.

Dent Removal
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
(858) 204-3594
www.thedentdude.com

The price is reasonable and the service was great. Tony has a lot of years of experience. Check him out. I don't have a picture to show, but the proof "was" on the truck. I had 4 door dings on the door behind the driver and another quarter size dent behind the rear tire on the bed. In regards to the door dings, 2 of them were on the curved part of the door and all were taken out without a problem.

Washer on Tailgate Cables
Use a T-30 and add an extra washer on each side. Make sure the washer fits over the lip of the bolt on the inside part.

Added a Hose Clamp to prevent theft

Added D-Rings on the bed
MOST TACOMAS SHOULD BE THE SAME. USE THE T-55 BIT AND TAKE OUT THE BOLT (the one closest to the cab).
You'll need a dremel to use on the bolt itself (to remove existing washer) and the new washer going on it. D-Rings on all four corners.

Secured Bed Mat
A must have! Finally got one and love it. I don't know why I waited so long. Scored it on www.craigslist.com. I paid $65. After I installed it, I secured it through the drain hole in the middle.

Extang Bed Cover
http://extang.com/docs/tufftonno.html
I don't have this anymore, but I loved it so much I still want to give it props. My roll-up extang cover was IMO the best of them out there. When I needed the space, I simply rolled it up. I didn't want to take off a hard tonneau cover when we unexpectedly made a purchase that required using the bed. Going home to only come back to the store was ridiculous. For the record, this cover was a zip lock style and not the button style. It cleans easy and has tie downs when rolled up.

Custom Cross Bars made by SocalDuckSlayer

Powder coating by Triad Powderworks

Inno Bike carrier for my Trek Fuel EX8
I did not want to remove the front tire only because this bike has a thru-axle.

Thule MOAB Basket

New bed side decals from Sock Monkey

Off-Road Flag

RedLine Tuning Hood Shocks

Engine Cover Mod

K&N Air Filter

INSIDE THE TRUCK!
NEW! White Dashboard Lights.

LED Interior Lights

Gentex Auto-Dimming Mirror with Rear View Monitor

Black Air Vents
I had swapped out the side vents to black from the original silver. I like the silver theme down the middle.

LED gear shift

Blacked Out Cup Holders

Blacked Out Door/Window Controls
Front Seats

Wet Okole Armrests
Self-installed with fabric from the Wet Okole Factory, these bad boys look & feel real nice.
Installation takes about an hour a door. Sucks for those with a Crew Cab.

TRD Seat Covers
They are not Sport or Off-Road specific. A simple TRD! Be warned... the cover gets hot and if you're shirtless then you might start to sweat. I would recommend the Wet Okole Brand, but not sure about the fitment.

WeatherTechs Floor Mats
Got them for the front and back. These are the best!

Mag Light Mod

Mini Maglite Mod - Small Flashlight

iPod Connection to OEM Stereo
Here's is the iPod connection I have. I'm using the factory stereo with a harness in the back of the unit which allows my iPod to play. It doesn't charge! I've got the JBL 6-Disc CD player. I know for a fact that the harness uses the 6th slot of the CD to play from the iPod.

Uniden 520PRO XL
It's a great way to communicate with one another on a trail run.

CB Antenna Mount

4' Firestick Antenna w/ a heavy duty Spring

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Meet & Greets

Ocotillo Wells in Jan of 09. Im the second one behind the Tundra (that got stuck later).

San Diego Caravan to the Off-Road Expo in Pomona on Oct 10, 2009.

Otay fun on some trails

Tacoma uses...
So I figured that I needed to add pictures of me using the "truck as a truck."
Coming back from Vacation

I'll admit it was a scary drive from Valley Center to Chula Vista, but worth it!

Alright... helping my sister move.

Helping a friend move. One of many trips.

Same friend... another day.

Resources for CB's:
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/

Thank you TW! Cheers. What a difference between then and now.
Some of my favorites pictures...

In Loving Memory
My old 1998 Nissan Frontier 4x4 SEV6 King Cab &

1998 Nissan 200SX SE (wanna be SE-R)

PART NUMBERS
Driving belt for 2006 Tacoma PreRunner Sport Double Cab V6

No. 2 Idle Pulley

D-Ring Part No.

Thank you TW for all the great ideas. Be sure to leave a comment.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start man!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
Great build! Nice work man
Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck, good build.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
killer truck man! i really like the new wheels!!

P.s. when you and derek witched out rims did you find out what was wrong with you steering or whatever?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
killer truck man! i really like the new wheels!!

P.s. when you and derek witched out rims did you find out what was wrong with you steering or whatever?
Thank you and yes. The last thing I'll need to do is replace the rear tires, but I'll wait till they need replacing. One of those in the rear was causing my steering wheel to shake. They're in the back now and I'm free from the shaking.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Looking Great Albert!!! The skid plate looks great!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Thank you and yes. The last thing I'll need to do is replace the rear tires, but I'll wait till they need replacing. One of those in the rear was causing my steering wheel to shake. They're in the back now and I'm free from the shaking.
sweet man!!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
It's about time!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
nice rig
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job Al!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #13
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Awesome build, Albert!
I haven't forgotten about the CB antenna holder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
nice rig
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padilla1880 View Post
Nice job Al!
Thank you Daniel and I guess we'll see you this weekend.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
BLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the roughBLacTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Zabdi
BLacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
your truck looks good Albert!!! good job
Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #17
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLacTaco View Post
your truck looks good Albert!!! good job
Thanks man. It's going to sound better too! Haha.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know when you Line-X the valence. I want to do that, too.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Let me know when you Line-X the valence. I want to do that, too.
For sure Derek. There is a chance I will go tomorrow. I'm guessing around 10:30am or so. Is that too late of a short notice?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you interested, I posted some updates on the top of page 1.