Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Cossi's Build

Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Cossi's Build

Hehe.

I thought I would go ahead and start this now. I mean I would need this thread in a few days if maybe I hypothetically ordered a few $$$ in parts today.

Here is 'Papa Smurf' the first week I got him. Bone stock other than a little tint on the windows (Still had dealer tags).

From the front....

11/7/09
A few pics as she sits today. FJ wheels, lights, etc.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

Why Papa Smurf?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

Why Papa Smurf?
When my wife and I were on our honeymoon (8.5 years ago), we took a cruise and a land tour on Barbados. It was an off-roading tour, and we rode in a white, LR Defender 90 (unreal what those are capable of!). The driver had named it Papa Smurf. So since then every white 4X4 I have had since has had the designation of Papa Smurf. But it fits this one much better than any of the others.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
looking for parts...........
Old 08-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
have you already done the BHLM? cause it looks like you have...or it came with it?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
have you already done the BHLM? cause it looks like you have...or it came with it?
x2
Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
maybe an 09 with smoked headlights?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:46 AM   #12
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its an 09.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, here is step 2. Or step 4 to be mathematically correct. My whole purpose of buying these was so my 5yo could get into the truck by himself easier. But I like the look, they are very utilitarian, minimalist. You don't see them often, and there is the whole price tag part of it. All 4 steps cost me $135 shipped, brand new. Also notice the mudflapectomy that has taken place.

Introducing Carr Steps. w00t! By the way, these aren't the new parts I ordered. They are MUCH better. Just a little update. One of the new items will be here Wednesday. Oh yeah, and there is one more little mod that is in process, I just revealed tonite, that I should have pics of tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
At the time, no. They were in my garage, awaiting paint.

Now, they are back on and ready to go. I am still a little chicken of painting the whole wheel. Just because that seems pretty difficult to reverse, if I don't like it.

But here it is as it sits now. I think I really like the way the centercaps turned out.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Oh boy, Santa in the big brown truck showed up today!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
And Santa returned today! w00t! Maybe I will have pics in a few days.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Looks sharp and different! Me likey!
I agree, looks good and different.

Subscribed
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
TacoTacoTaco

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after one evening in the garage on Wednesday, and a half day in the garage today, I am almost finished for a while. I have lights to install on the brushguard, which may get done later tonite, or maybe this week. So here is how Papa Smurf sits as of now. Brushguard and 3" lift.