Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Stupid hurts.'s 5-Lugger Build

Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Exclamation Stupid hurts.'s 5-Lugger Build

How she currently sits.

Here's a pic of my brand new 2007 Impulse Red Pearl Toyota Tacoma 2WD Access Cab SR5 the day after I drove it off the lot in May '07.

Here are pics of it taken in January 2010 by my buddy, Matt. You can find more of his photography on his Flickr here.

Here are more pics taken again by my buddy, Matt, in July 2010.

More pics taken by my buddy, Matt, earlier this year.

Interior:
WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiners
Metra iPod Interface Adapter
Cobra 19DX IV CB Radio + PA Speaker
Motorola T305 Portable Bluetooth Car Speakerphone
UltraGauge
Dash Mat

Exterior:
Glassworks 6.5" Flare, 4" Rise Fenders
Glassworks 4.5" Flare, 3" Rise Bedsides
TRD Sport Scooped Hood
Colormatched Satoshi Grille w/ Grillcraft + '81-'83 Toyota Pickup Emblem
Hella 500s
20" Double Row OKLED Light Bar
American Motorsports Tube Skidplate Bumper
Epic Industries Bed Bar + Dust Lights
Window Visors
Debadged
FireStik 4' CB Antenna + Custom Mount
BHLM
15x8 Eagle Alloy Series 101
33x12.5x15 ProComp XTerrain

Front Suspension:
American Motorsports '05+ 5-Lug LT Kit (Boxed Heim UCAs, Boxed Solid Mounted LCAs, Spindles, Heim Steering)
Fox 2.5x10 Coilovers w/ 3x14x600 Eibach Main Spring & 3x6x500 Viper Coil Tender Spring

Rear Suspension:
Total Chaos Dual 2.0 Shock Hoops
Engage 50T Leaf Pack
King 2.0x14 Double Bypasses
King 2.0x14 Smooth Bodies
Light Racing 3.0 Jounce Shocks
American Motorsports Shackles
American Motorsports Lower Shock Mounts
Delrin Bushings

Performance:
aFe Pro-Dry S Filter
Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
good lookin 5 lugger
Old 08-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i love your truck... the wheels and tires are so sick!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #6
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
good lookin 5 lugger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i love your truck... the wheels and tires are so sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Nice build bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I like your build. The wheels are unique, it makes your truck unique! Great 5-lug.
Thanks! All of the compliments are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
Hoogie boogie!

CravenSpeed Bullet antenna and Toy Yoda decal on the way!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
What color decal did you get? Where you going to place it?
I got the metallic gold to best match my wheels. I haven't decided on placement yet, but I was thinking either the center of the tailgate just like the older Toyota trucks or the corner of my hood. I feel like if I put it on the tailgate, it'll be too busy with the badges that are already there and I'm not too sure about how it would look on the hood, but we shall see.

Did you get one too? If so, what color and where are you going to put it?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
truck is sick man. looks good
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #12
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job so far man!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #13
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
I got the metallic gold to best match my wheels. I haven't decided on placement yet, but I was thinking either the center of the tailgate just like the older Toyota trucks or the corner of my hood. I feel like if I put it on the tailgate, it'll be too busy with the badges that are already there and I'm not too sure about how it would look on the hood, but we shall see.

Did you get one too? If so, what color and where are you going to put it?
I was thinking of purchasing it. If I did, I think I would go with black and put it on lower right of the tailgate.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #14
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thread Steven! Haven't seen it until now...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
Zombie Killer
Robbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to all

Air Force:
Robbsolid's Tacoma Gallery
some fender flares would look awesome man. nice truck
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post

That bolt that holds the leaf's together is upside down....the nut should be on the top and the round head should be in the axle. I doubt it'll hurt anything though...just fyi.

Looks awesome.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
That bolt that holds the leaf's together is upside down....the nut should be on the top and the round head should be in the axle. I doubt it'll hurt anything though...just fyi.

Looks awesome.
It's installed correctly. His truck is spring under, so the axle is on top of the leafs. Thanks though.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
truck is clean bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
truck is sick man. looks good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Nice job so far man!
Thanks!

Quote:
I was thinking of purchasing it. If I did, I think I would go with black and put it on lower right of the tailgate.
That would be pretty sweet. I would do the same thing, but I really want to keep the badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Awesome thread Steven! Haven't seen it until now...
Thanks Brian! I'll be coming down soon so that you can get started on those sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbsolid View Post
some fender flares would look awesome man. nice truck
Thanks! I don't know if fender flares are my thing, but the Bushwacker fender flares are definitely growing on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
Looks awesome.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
It's installed correctly. His truck is spring under, so the axle is on top of the leafs. Thanks though.
QFT.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice man! I am digging it!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #20
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck, probably one of the nicest 5 luggers ive seen yet! good job