Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Volcano Taco Build!!!

View Poll Results: What do you think!?!?!?!
LIKE IT!!! 161 94.71%
DISLIKE IT!! 9 5.29%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
SuthrnTaco07 Volcano Taco Build!!!

EDIT: 03/19/2012

Truck:
2007 Toyota Taco TRD SPORT 4x4 Radiant Red

Armor:
Relentless Fab Front bumper w/ Hoop and factory fogs mounted
Relentless Fab Rear High Clearance

Lift:
6" ProComp Stage 1 Lift kit
6" Custom Bilstein Shocks w/ OME 886 Coils in front

Wheels & Tires:
18" KMC XD Addicts
35x12.50 R18 Federal Couragia M/T's!!!

Lighting:
35w HID Kit 5000k Headlights and 3000k fogs
20" LED Light Bar 6000 Lumens

Mods:
FJ Cruiser Manual Transfer Case Swap with RST twin stick mod
Custom Solid Drive Shaft rated for 600+ HP
BHLM
Wet Okle Front Neoprene Seat Covers
Running light mod
Fog light mod
In-Cab Outlets
400w All time inverter mod
Diff breather mod
Red Line Hood Struts and EZ Down tailgate assist
Custom LED Bed lights
De-badged in places and made a "Taco" on tailgate
TacoAlamoshi Grill (TacoAlaMode Satoshi Grill)
BAMF Fab "TOYOTA" plates.

Stereo:
Factory head unit with a RCA converter box run to an AMP
Single 10" Pioneer Comp Sub in a Q Logic Ported box de-ported and stuffed
4" Boss 210watt Speakers in the bed

Accessories:
Kolbalt Slim Line Tool Box 1000 series Herculined black
Smittybuilt XRC-8 8000lb Winch w/ Galvanized Aircraft Cable Painted Fairlead black

Current Photos!

The Story:
I bought my truck brand new with 8 miles on it. It was love at first site! (A lot like a women though, fall in love and then it takes all your money! JK!) I'll have a pic of it as old as i can find soon.

A pic of it a year after i bought it with a Toytec 2.5" Spacer lift w/ AAL on 16" Dick Cepek DC_1 Black wrapped in 33x10 R16 Maxxis Buckshot M/T

Nice

A few more...

Flexin

Mudding at Fort Benning

The cause to this ^^^ That right side buried me to the frame.. it took somewiggling!

Bush Hill

Iron Bowl at Auburn '09

Cut down the Gap in the Center Hub

Kobalt Slim Line 1000 series Truck box Write Up.

I hated the chrome so i bought a quart of Herculiner. That stuff is amazing! (Make sure the weather is right or the drying process will be a pain in the @$$)

After i drilled out the rivets for the latches and the "Kobalt" name I took "Krookz" advice and sprayed a heafty amount of Clear coat on the inside of the box to prevent the aluminum from rubbing off on everything! Then i began to scuff! I went with a steel brush! Cheap and very effective!

Then I figured out a way to mount it. I bought 2 - 3" long 1/2" Carriage Bolts that fit perfectly in my track system. Then used a washer and a Nylon lock nut to secure it.

Then measured close to center where the bolts would lock into the notch in the track system and then drilled the whole!

After that i began to Herculiner it. Becasue weather conditions did not permit and i was very unpatient (3 days of Herculining later) i decided to finish (seal the herculiner) the box off with Textured satin black Rust-O-Leum spray paint. I did 90% Herculiner and then basically took the shine off with the paint.

The finished product! (I'll get a better picture soon.)

Bed Lights

Bed Lights (Not the greatest pic but it does light up the whole bed)

Bed lights on with pic of my 4" Speakers in the back.

Bed speaker lights... Don't judge.. (Ignore the music its all i had in my truck since my iPod got stolen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcVsgpORgUU

I know it might seem a little stupid but the ladies LOVE it when you're crusin the strip during spring break in PCB! Besides.. It doubles for entertainment while tail gating!

Wiring Diagram for my Bed Speakers and the LED strip in the bed that with the Switch Turned on it provides GREAT lighting in the bed of the truck with the White lights turned off and the bed speakers on the Amber lights Jam out to the beat of the music! Tell me What you think!! If you click the picture then click it again in my album it will zoom in! (Not the greatest diagram but i'm no electrical major)

Plasti Dipped My Badges

After about 1 or 2 coats on rear

After 4 Coats (Final coat was thick)

Side

Relentless Fab Armor!!!

Arrival Day

I ordered my hoop late so I had to take it to a weld shop to have them put it on..

Priming it in the back of my apartment!

Disassembleing

Let there be armor!

These things make people on the outside world say WTF!

Smittybuilt XRC 8 Winch

Test fitting after the first cut

All trimmed and sealed! Testing out the clearance!

Next to come.. Custom made SuthrnDesignz Sliders! (No I did not scrub in this photo)

A video of old off roading. (Sorry about the camera angle at first..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlw7AL5xWe0
Attached Thumbnails
My Volcano Taco Build!!!-0904091854.jpg   My Volcano Taco Build!!!-dscf1651.jpg   My Volcano Taco Build!!!-dscf1653.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck bud! I like those wheels
Old 09-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
looks goood. I like those wheels.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
4X4 aggie '13 has a spectacular aura about4X4 aggie '13 has a spectacular aura about

4X4 aggie '13's Tacoma Gallery
Sick lights and bar!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck

i am like a hour from huntsville!!! i need wheels and tires very badly!!!! can you send me pics please???
Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Man I love it. I was contemplating a 6" lift for a while. I think it looks best on the ext cab. Truck looks awesome, keep it up.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
just found this. Looks way better on a computer than the picture you texted me the other day. Now my truck is gonna look like a bitch compared to yours.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I asked if you wanted my old wheels but gotlift might have already claimed em... HAHA!! Besides.. No Taco looks like a bitch!! You gonna be able to make it up next week for the Octoberfest!?!?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
better pics? but as far as i can see very nice truck
Yeah.. I gotta take them This weekend!! Its been raining all week the day after i waxed it!! So def this weekend.. I'll give a good write up and everything!! I appreciate the comments guys.. Also due this weekend i gotta paint my badges and re apply them...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #15
04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold
Name: Justin
04coma's Tacoma Gallery
well if the wheels arent taken i want info!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
better pics?
BTW... I'm gonna see if i can get a girl to pose for me this weekend!! HAHA! We'll see what happends..
Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got dibs on the wheels. Just want to see some better pics dont wanna waste an hour trip haha.. glad i found some super close. better than driving to nashville
Old 09-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
I got dibs on the wheels. Just want to see some better pics dont wanna waste an hour trip haha.. glad i found some super close. better than driving to nashville
Yeah.. I'll get them up possibly tomorrow after work!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
Bangers Runner

thanx
Old 09-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
BH15001 will become famous soon enough
BH15001's Tacoma Gallery
Nice