Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Neubs 2nd Generation Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #21
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Trucks lookin awsome Dave, Nice work! , Need to get out and wheel again.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #22
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Indeed, one of the nicest builds. It's almost worthy of a congrats all over again. Your truck looks nothing like it did when new. Haha. Nice job!
Thanks again, it has come a long way since it was new. Now if I can just find some additional coin I might be able to add a few more upgrades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
WOW, Neubs -- totally outstanding!!!
Thanks G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Looks great man...tastefully done! Its amazing how just wheels and tires make such a huge impact on a vehicle not to mention all the other cool stuff you put on it
Thanks, I agree, wheels and tires make such a huge difference. Now I just need to get a matching spare and tire....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Trucks lookin awsome Dave, Nice work! , Need to get out and wheel again.
Thanks Kyle. I agree that we need to wheel again soon. It is going to be tough to get away with a new born in the house but I will see what I can do.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #23
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Dave, what do you have your front CO's set at?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #24
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Dave, what do you have your front CO's set at?
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post. I ran the front coils at 2.5" for a while and after adding the bumper and winch the front end dropped about an inch or so. To offset for the drop I ran the adjustable coils up and am now sitting at 3". Hope this helps. On a side note I was surprised that the 600lb coils could handle the additional weight of the bumper and winch. Doug said numerous times that I would be fine but I was still concerned. So far, like he said, they have handled the additional weight very well.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #26
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great writeup... you've done a great job on everything... very nice rig!!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
hsc001 will become famous soon enoughhsc001 will become famous soon enough

hsc001's Tacoma Gallery
glad to see it coming together dude. The truck looks awsome.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck bro! If you don't mind me asking, what did the wheels run ya?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #32
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post. I ran the front coils at 2.5" for a while and after adding the bumper and winch the front end dropped about an inch or so. To offset for the drop I ran the adjustable coils up and am now sitting at 3". Hope this helps. On a side note I was surprised that the 600lb coils could handle the additional weight of the bumper and winch. Doug said numerous times that I would be fine but I was still concerned. So far, like he said, they have handled the additional weight very well.
How are your CV's now that they're at 3''? I leaning twards OME but not sure I should get the top plate spacres.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #33

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
Great writeup... you've done a great job on everything... very nice rig!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
looks great! very nice write-up!
Thanks, I like to let the pictures do the talking. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsc001 View Post
glad to see it coming together dude. The truck looks awsome.
Thanks Ha - We have to wheel again some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Sick truck Dave! Btw, I have my NRA sticker in the same spot.
Thanks Matt, how are those AALs working out for ya? NRA for the win! God Bless the second amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Sick truck bro! If you don't mind me asking, what did the wheels run ya?
Thanks, I got a really good deal through a friend of mine who manages a tire shop who sold them to me for his cost. The tires actually ended up being more expensive than the wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
That's all I can say.

Your mods are very tastful.
Thanks Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
How are your CV's now that they're at 3''? I leaning twards OME but not sure I should get the top plate spacres.
CV angles are not too bad but the corners of the boots are just slightly touching. I have a diff drop I am waiting to install, I just need to find the time to do it. OME is a good kit too. Both the Ultimate Kit and the complete OME kit are great lift kits.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #34
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I just want a thank you note.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #36
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post

Thanks Matt, how are those AALs working out for ya? NRA for the win! God Bless the second amendment.
X10!
Hopefully I'll get them installed this month, thanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #37
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool truck! Great write up and pictures.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #40
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
What is the difference in length and spring rate between the Eibach springs that come with the Toytec kit and OME 885 springs?

Products Discussed in this Thread