LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Neubs 2nd Generation Build

Old 09-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Neubs 2nd Generation Build

A few people have asked, so I figured I would post a build thread on my Tacoma. Well it all started in September of 2006 when I bought a 2006 TRD Off Road double cab. I wanted to start with a mild small lift and maybe add some slightly over sized tires for occasional hunting trips. I have learned a lot along the way and I never dreamed my truck would turn out the way it has. Overall I could not be more happy. This truck seems like a never ending project thanks to all of the wonderful people on TW who continue to post creative mod ideas and extensive reviews. I hope you guys enjoy all of the pictures and please let me know if you have any questions.

How I Left her:

Only 3,000 miles and on our first hunting trip:

My first mod was to add PIAA Super White bulbs in the fogs (modified 9005 bulb) and headlights.

The second mod was to add a Hi-Lift jack:

My black jack rusted up really fast after a cold salty winter so I sold it and replaced it with an upgraded version.

Then I added a bed mat and base for the jack:

Bolted down the bed mat with stainless steel hardware to help prevent theft:

Then I decided I had enough of the crappy 3 leaf springs and got the TSB done. After several unsuccessful attempts, I went to the dealer with a load and showed them this: (They finally agreed to replace the springs)

I wanted to lift the front to level the truck out a little and installed a Daystar 1.75" level kit. I hated the ride and replaced them within two weeks.

To fix the crappy ride I then added a set of 5100s and set the front at .85" and tinted the front windows 20% to match the rear glass:

After hooking up with ToyTec my third lift was a 5100 adjustable coilover, Light Racing UCAs, and SuperSprings in the rear:

Blacked out front emblem:

Post lift (need some wheels)

Time for some new wheels and tires (American Racing ATX Thugs 17" wrapped with Goodyear MTRs)

De-badged and de-flapped:

Black chrome TRD badge:

TRD Cold Air Intake:

Scan Gauge II with Blend mount:

Added some D-Rings for the bed:

Sockmonkey Graphics:

Diff breather mod:

Time to test out the mods:

These chicks are really digging my truck (ha ha ha):

The SuperSprings were great but they made a lot of clanking noise and really did not flex that well, so I had Doug make me a set of custom AALs with a little more arch on one side:

Another trip to Green Ridge:

Seeking to free up some rotational mass and help the engine rev a little quicker I picked up a complete set of NST pulleys:

After having a log jump up and smash into the rocker panel of my truck, I decided to add a set of Shrockworks sliders:

Now time for the most recent mods, ARB bumper, Warn M8000 winch, IPF extreme lights, rock lights, Viking Synthetic winch line, Viking delrin synthetic rollers, 12 Volt guy winch panel, Daystar winch isolator, Royal Purple gear oil in diffs and transfer case, relocated winch solenoid.

Rock lights:

Relocation of winch box:

Winch panel and IPF light controller: (I used the existing fog light wiring to hook up the rock lights so the factory fog light switch actually works the rock lights)

Lights in action:

Installed diff drop:

CV Joint before Diff drop:

CV Joint AFTER diff drop:

How she sits today:

Special thanks to Doug from Toytec http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.phpfor helping to make this truck what it is today, Thor from Viking Offroad (http://winchline.com) for his amazing customer service, Andy my neighbor for lending much help, Jason for the pulley help, and to all of those who have helped share their ideas and experiences on this great website.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i love your truck its sooooo sick!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome transformation! Well done!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Nice build! One of my favorite Tacoma's!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i love your truck its sooooo sick!!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Awsome transformation! Well done!
Thank you Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Looks nice to say the least. Any future mods on the way?
I am considering OME spring packs with an OME AAL and maybe a topper so we can put the dog and gear in the back where they will stay secure and dry. (I swear it rains on every trip to NC and our gear/bags always seems to get wet even when covered). It would be nice to have a secure dry place to keep everything.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice build, man
Old 09-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed you added the hood scoop, or did you replace the entire hood?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #14
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
how have the pulleys performed?

i had a set on my last truck ('98 dakota) and they sucked an Optima dry in 6 months.
wasn't spinning the alternator fast enough i guess.

you see any voltage drops?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #15
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigTRD View Post
Very nice!
++
Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #17

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
how have the pulleys performed?

i had a set on my last truck ('98 dakota) and they sucked an Optima dry in 6 months.
wasn't spinning the alternator fast enough i guess.

you see any voltage drops?
The pulleys are the same size as factory ones so there is no under drive. The main difference between the NST pulleys and the stock pulleys is simply the weight. I did notice that the engine revs faster and shifts smoother too. It also down shifts faster and at a lower rpm. Adversely, the loss of rotational mass seems to slightly hinder highway cruising in that it takes a little more fuel to keep the truck's speed sustained. Unfortunately I don't have a dyno to provide numbers on my feedback. I have to rely on my trusty butt dyno. No, voltage drops so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigTRD View Post
Very nice!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
++
+ Thank you
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
WOW, Neubs -- totally outstanding!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed, one of the nicest builds. It's almost worthy of a congrats all over again. Your truck looks nothing like it did when new. Haha. Nice job!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man...tastefully done! Its amazing how just wheels and tires make such a huge impact on a vehicle not to mention all the other cool stuff you put on it

Products Discussed in this Thread