Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

High-Order's Build

Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #42
High-Order will become famous soon enough

Navy:
High-Order's Tacoma Gallery
Update 06OCT09

Quick update, I installed some redline tuning hood struts. These things are awesome! The instructions were great, and it only took about 20 mins to install.

I'm almost done with the satoshi, should be finished by the weekend. This mod is a lot of work if you're ocd like me! Takes a long time to make it perfect.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #43

Navy:
Satoshi

I just finished my satoshi, what a pain in the ass! But it's worth it, I love the way it looks.

Here is the grill after the center piece was cut out.

I used the center piece to make some backers for the cut parts, just like in the All ABS thread.

I heated them in a toaster oven, and molded them to the right shape. Then I glued them in place with ABS Cement.

Then I filled the spots in with Bondo, and did a lot of sanding.

Once that was done, I did about 4 coats of filler primer. Sanded that down. Then I did three coats of adhesion promoter, 4 coats of color match spray paint, and three coats of Clear coat. I Buffed it out, and waxed it. Then mounted the grill.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #45
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome!!

What mesh did you use? It looks different from the others that I've seen.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #47
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
Looks awesome!!

What mesh did you use? It looks different from the others that I've seen.

Ditto on that...it looks a lot more dense, and you cant see whats behind it as much as most of the other grills ive seen..i like it!!!

verrry nice rig!!

you just need some fogs in that all pro!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #48
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking rig! Now we need to see some wheelin pics!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #49
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #50

Navy:
Thanks for all the compliments. The mesh is the small hex from cargrills.com. I already have my fogs for the bumper, i'll probably put them in next week.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #51
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
very nice satoshi, i always wanted to c a silver satoshi with the inside painted silver instead of black, looks good
Old 10-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #52

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
very nice satoshi, i always wanted to c a silver satoshi with the inside painted silver instead of black, looks good
Thanks! Yeah, I think that color matching the inside part is the only way to do it. It really emphasizes the deepness.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #54
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Any plans to swap out the rear bumper?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #55
clfaye is on a distinguished road
clfaye's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels and rubbing

Great build!

What was the backspacing on your wheels? Any issues with rubbing or did you have to cut the body mount?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #56
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post

Is that an emblem from an old Land Cruiser? I like the size of it...
These emblems are from the old FJ60. I believe they were built in the 80's (1981-1987) time frame.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #57

Navy:
All Pro rear bumper

I finally got my rear bumper back from powder coating and put it on yesterday. I'm really happy with it, it looks great.