Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Borderbrat's build thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Borderbrat's build thread

Well I've had my truck for almost two years now and there has been alot of changes to it since I got it here's the evolution.

I bought my 2008 V6 SR5 4x4 from metro lexus victoria in April 2008.
The night I brought it home

Then a few days later I decided to take a road trip to Calgary AB to visit some friends that trip is when I began to truly appreciate the quality of truck Toyota had built me.
In Alberta

Back in BC

One way

Yes there is a dent in the rear fender that happened 2 days after I got the truck, it has since been fixed

The mods began soon after I got home from Alberta.
First thing I ever did was bolt on a toyota devil emblem and add some piaa lights in the stock fog spots

Followed quickly by 120V outlets in the cab

The horror!!!!

Next thing I did was install some puddle and bed lights

I quickly grew tired of doing unintentional burnouts every time I took off on wet pavement so I got myself some new tires.
After a lot of research I decided on Firestone Destination A/T in 265/75/16 size

They have done me well

Things slowed here I started my OBA system but only got as far as buying and installing the compressor.

That was it for quite a while i lurked and surfed and researched to make my next move when i decided all that was lacking was money I didn't have enough saved up to comfortably buy everything I wanted but lucky for me I was soon being deployed money would not be a problem after that.

About two months before I got home I started to buy everything mainly off ebay but there were a few things that were bought locally as it was just easier.

Bought a scanguage and blendmount and installed them (eBay)

Ipod adapter (eBay)

Bike fork mounts got them from Mountain Equipment Co-op for about $20 each took the rail off drilled two holes into a couple pieces of flat stock bolted them in and reinstalled the rail easy peasy and they won't move.

I take the skewer out when there isn't a bike hooked in otherwise it rattles around and pisses me off to no end

Got a good deal on a complete on board air system so I bought it and decided to use the compressor that I already had cause it was a much better unit anyway and it was already bolted to the truck. (eBay)
Bought 50ft of 200psi air hose from home depot on sale instead of using the rigid hose that came with the kit, and i've used an ass ton of air fittings, hose clamps and teflon tape. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out so far.

yeah the kit came with air horns great for getting those F350 drivers' attention when they think it's their god given right to cut people off.

The next two things are tied between what i like the most
got a randy ellis light bar and 4 hella black magic driving lights (eBay for the bar and one set of lights local for the other set)

Old man emu suspension for front and rear. I had the front installed by a local shop cause well driveway alignments aren't very good and I didn't want to kill myself with a cheap spring compressor. (Local from Cap-it Victoria could have gotten a better deal with north shore off road but I was in a hurry)

They ride sweet haven't got the rear installed yet. Gonna go to a buddies place one weekend and get it done cause he has a lift and I don't know if you can see my driveway, but its kinda sloped and not jack stand friendly.

Misc electrical
Switches are configured different now, now the far right is for the compressor, the horns will not work if the compressor switch is not on. The middle is for both the bed and puddle lights I use them together anyways so I decided to combine them. The fog light switch controls all the aftermarket lights up front. When the switch is on the piaas are on as long as the high beams aren't on, and the hellas only come on with the high beams. Neither work when the switch is off.

All my relays and fuse holders are contained within an enclosure to keep the engine bay neat and tidy

Dakars installed

Pick me up a magnaflow cat back and installed it that night in the dark.

I would like to install lockers front and rear, but for the amount of off roading I do there's not much point. So I would like to get a limited slip put in the rear, not a detroit locker something similar to the stock toyota unit.
Last but not least I want a plate rear bumper and some sliders, don't know how my air tank position is going to affect mounting the new rear bumper. I will solve that problem when I come to it.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build
Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
lookin' good man!
where did you get that piaa fog kit from?
did it come with mounts as well?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good man
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
lookin' good man!
where did you get that piaa fog kit from?
did it come with mounts as well?
piaas are just normal everyday piaas had to put longer bolts in the mount then i used two nuts to fasten it to the stock mounting points

Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
Nice build
thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
nice truck, very clean
thanks man i don't know how you do it you must not spend a penny on anything but your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baildavc View Post
Very Nice!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-com09 View Post
truck looks good man
Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
piaas are just normal everyday piaas had to put longer bolts in the mount then i used two nuts to fasten it to the stock mounting points
looks good!!
could i trouble you for a part number on them piaas?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Looks good, you hoser.
wtf sausage monger
Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #10
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery

nice build BB!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post

nice build BB!
Thanks AK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
You Canucks are weird... entertaining, but weird...

Sausage Monger? Ewww....

Sausage Monger
A crazy drinking game played in the northeast, its when players sit around and spell out the word "Sausage" and then either "Monger" "Patti" "Link" or "Fest". Once someone commits a spelling error the designated monger get to unleash their wrath upon them. They may be subject to public humilation or anything else the monger desires including but not exclusive to sodemy, the angry chef, and the tuscan sizzler.
Bobby got Angry Unicorned by Rick after he lost in sausage monger
Lol I think I've played that game
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Update time....
my buddy Jacee came over and helped me install my new leafs

I know I know i look really young

old vs new

Jaycee caught me mid scratch draining my air tank.

huge difference truck feels more sturdy too

As of now I'm done all the big projects. I need to redo some wiring I'm in the middle of making a new wiring harness for all my aftermarket gear. I need to replace my bed and puddle lights with something a little more robust. They're coming soon so stay tuned.
to be continued....
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build
Old 02-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Wow man you've done a lot. Looks really good, you need to get some sliders on there now.
sigh i know and bumpers. need to find someone to build me a set that will actually listen to what i want and not do what they please.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin truck. Nice build, looks good.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
looks good jeremy!