Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Slygrin's minor mods

Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Slygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Slygrin's minor mods

2010 Timberline Mica Access cab SR5.

I don't plan on going too crazy but here's what I got/plan on doing.

What I've done so far:
De-badged
Foglights on anytime
Tailgate hose clamps
GPS semi-permanent mount
WeatherTech mats
Front mounted hitch
Blacked out front emblem
Color matched grille
Running boards
Bed mat
UWS low profile toolbox
Scanguage II
Prestige Alarm w/remote start
Snowsport snow plow

Stuff I plan on doing:

Black wheels
Black out chrome rear bumper
Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post

x2! at least give us an up to date pic!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Slygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the rough

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post

I know! I know! I'll get some up this weekend. I promise!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #7

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Can't see the pics? They're hosted on my SmugMug account and I just tested from several different computers at home and work. They show up fine for me.

Anyone else having problems?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin View Post
Can't see the pics? They're hosted on my SmugMug account and I just tested from several different computers at home and work. They show up fine for me.

Anyone else having problems?
For some reason my internet isn't loading pics... I've tried on different threads, and it still doesn't show up, so it must be my computer.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #10

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Curt front mounted hitch

My hitch showed up today.

I purchased it from etrailer.com. They processed and shipped my order the same day, and upgraded my shipping from standard 5-7 days to express 3-5 days at no charge. I got it in 4 days. I'm very happy with them.

Ok, here is what was in the package...

Installation was very straight forward. I didn't take any pictures during the installation. I removed the skid plate during installation to make it easier to reach stuff, but it went back on after installation. Here are a couple of pics, please forgive all the bugs stuck to the front of the truck. I'll wash it this weekend, I promise!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #11

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Color matched grille

Here are some pics of my Color matched grille from TRDpart4u

Fresh out of the box.

before

after

It came with a chrome emblem, I swapped it for my blacked out one.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Army: Combat Engineer's
Reaper22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are some pics of my Color matched grille from TRDpart4u

It came with a chrome emblem, I swapped it for my blacked out one.
Looks cool man, I should get mine today, I'll post when I get it on...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
thats a good looking truck...i've never been the biggest fan of manufacture greens, but that one is very nice....very, woodsey
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #14

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
thats a good looking truck...i've never been the biggest fan of manufacture greens, but that one is very nice....very, woodsey
The Timberland Mica was my first choice for color. I like the green! It replaced my green '99 Tacoma.

Now I just need black wheels and rear bumper.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Hey that's cool, I really like gren but all I could find in this reg cab was an 06 red and love it.. I to got rid of a 99 tacoma black it had a 3" suspension and 3" body lift with 33x12.50 bfg at's, actually Toyota bought it back cuz of frame rust for $10,065.00 here is a link with my 06 posted. Or you can click on the camera on the side and see all my pics...I have to go get my red grille now cuz fedex could not find my house.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1003518
Old 10-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #16

Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
This is the only decent picture I could find of my '99 Tacoma. It's a bare bones stock 4 banger. It was a great truck, only had 47k on it. The only reason I got rid of it was to get a 6 cyld with Automatic.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
Quote:
I got my running boards installed today.

Man those are way kewl, Where did you get'm?