Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

'Canadianboys' 2009 Tacoma Build!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
'Canadianboys' 2009 Tacoma Build!

Well, thought I would finally put together a small build thread for my new 09 Tacoma. I'll start with a picture of a FORD! This is the truck I had before my Tacoma. I live in the city and the gas and size of this thing was getting pretty old, so away she went.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

So, I knew that I wanted a Tacoma. In my opinion, the Tacoma was is the best looking truck on the market, it just looks so sexy. I decided I wanted a doublecab, with a shortbox, 4x4 and the TRD and Sport package. Problem - this truck is not available in Canada for some reason, only in the Longbox. So, into the USA I began to search. Another problem, USA Toyota dealers will not sell new Toyotas to Canadians. Well geez, thats not very nice! Anyways, long story short, I figured a way around this and bought a brand new 09 Tacoma in Magnetic grey with a shortbox and all the options I wanted. But, it had to make a little trek across the USA to get to its new home.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Taco love in East Van

So, here she is at her homecoming! The paperwork to get it imported into Canada was a bit of a pain, but I worked it out and brought her home.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Taco love in East Van

Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
Taco love in East Van

The truck showed up with no problems. I was hesitant about fully paying for a truck that I didn't even see in person and having it shipped across the country, but it all worked out.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
Taco love in East Van

I work in Sales at a Nissan store, so I couldn't resist a photo-op with a 09 PRO4-X.
Man the heat I hear everyday! But its worth it, I like the Tacoma much better then the Frontier.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Taco love in East Van

Mod pics to come very soon...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #8
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you. How much did the truck and all the sweat cost you in the end and the savings you realized over buying the LB in BC?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Taco love in East Van

So it was mod time, here is what I ordered:

285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs
XD Addict wheels in matte black
Icon extended length coliovers
Total Chaos UCA's
Rear Icon resi Shocks
Rear Icon 3 leaf AAL
Weathertech floor mats
Old 10-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
Taco love in East Van

Had a little mishap during the un-install of the factory uca. I would recommend that everyone gets a pitman puller, your life will be much easier. I had to use a grinder to cut the nut off!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
Taco love in East Van

Suspension all done, waiting to install tires and wheels.

Almost there

On the way to the tire joint

Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
Taco love in East Van

All done! Look at that hot Tacoma!

Stealthy lookin

Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
Taco love in East Van

Future Plans - some sort of slider or side bar, Grillcraft black mesh grill, and a possible color matched canopy. Thats it for now, I love my truck!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Nice truck!!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
looking good bud, like the rims and my buddy was trying to get me to buy the exact same tires but I think I am going to go with km2's
Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
Taco love in East Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
looking good bud, like the rims and my buddy was trying to get me to buy the exact same tires but I think I am going to go with km2's
Thanx! Yeah, I was really considering the Km2's also. Those and the Duratracs I went back and forth with for about 2 weeks. I finally decided on the Duratracs as we get a ton of rain over here, so I figured they would handle better in wet conditions. I must say though, the Duratracs look much better in person, the pictures do not do them justice.