Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Aces2's Radiant Red

Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Senior Arshole
aces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Egress Dude
Name: Cody
aces2's Tacoma Gallery
Aces2's Radiant Red

I hate clicking through pages and pages on people's build threads so I have everything on this first post... Top is newest, bottom is oldest stuff minus this first picture...

Closest pic to stock... eww...

285-75/16 BFG KM2's on 16x8 Pro Comp 7089's and new sport hood.

After 5100's set @ 2.5"

Couple shots of the rims (it's rainy weather, sorry for the dirtiness)

From the rear - Note the solid back window

Front shots - Just added the lund plastic grille cover and painted behind emblem recently

Misc Suspension Pics and Diff Drop

Few Shots from the front

New Muffler

Old pic but a fav mod of mine BLACK exhaust pipe

My last photo shoot pic from March '09. Note: No lift, is the main difference

SUSPENSION
5100's on front @ 2.5" w/ 3/8" spacers on top
5100's on rear
TSB Springs
Toytec AAL for TSB Springs 1.5"
Front Differential Drop 1"

RIMS AND TIRES
BFG KM2 285/75-16
ProComp 7089's
BLACK powdercoated acorn lug nuts

PAINT MODS
Painted center emblem on steering wheel BLACK
Painted behind front emblem RED
Painted Factory skid plate BLACK
Painted center emblem BLACK
Painted exhaust pipe BLACK
Painted all other emblems BLACK

ACCESSORIES
Lund Cold Weather 3 piece plastic Grille Cover - discontinued item
Side window deflectors
Redline tailgate damper
Redline Hood Struts
Rear BLACK bumper from base model
Radiant RED "sport" grille-surround
Factory Toyota Bed extender
RED maglight mounted on each seat's side
TRD GREY ball-type shift knob
BLACK billet shorty antenna 13"
Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo
Aftermarket HU (Alpine) with Scosche dash kit
Weathertech floor liners
Revotec black rear tail lights

JUST FOR LOOKS
Toyota Solid Rear Window 5% Tint added
LED Lights Inside and for license plate lights
RED Rear turn signal tail light bulbs
YELLOW bulbs in Fogs, Turn Signals, and Marker lights
DRL's (Poor man's version)
Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK
Black Headlight Mod (BHLM)
YELLOW Tint on fog lights
3rd Brakelight cover "TACO" BLACK
Removed front mud flaps
Leather Arm rests
4300k HID's
Pre-2005 rear "4WD" mud flaps

PERFORMANCE
K&N Cold Air Intake
40 Series Delta Flow Flowmaster

MISC.
12V always on
Rear differential breather line
Foglight mod
Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Sharp truck man!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
High temp paint on the exhaust pipe? I'm about to paint my chrome tips... chrome=

Nice truck, btw!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man
Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice clean build, Nice work
Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics
Old 10-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #12
Senior Arshole
aces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of lightaces2 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Egress Dude
Name: Cody
aces2's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I both agree that it rides better than the stock TRD springs, but firmer and more truck-like. I got the 45+ vibes, only half of the time which is rather comical. All in all though, VERY happy with the end result.

Yeah Natalie (my wife) and I both went to the hobby shop to knock everything out. She came through like I never thought possible! I was so proud of her! I'd finally get a bolt through something in the front with her help, then as I'd go to tighten it up, she'd go to the rear and start chopping off the excess center pin bolts with a dremel all on her own. She learned a lot and now has a better appreciation for the truck too.

I had to come back the next morning to do the front diff drop because we worked until close the previous day getting in all the rest of the lift but it was no biggy. Front diff drop was a piece of cake.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build. Looks good!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #18
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and sweet TRD Norcal decals. I imagine that's where you're originally from? BTW how's the rig ride with Bilies set that high on stock springs? Just trying to get an idea compared to stock.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
Blue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: NIS
Blue Tango's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesii View Post
Yeah, that's military life for ya, I've been here in VA for 5 years though... I get that same question a lot actually
Haha, I actually like that decal a lot. Nor Cal here too, with Mississippi plates living in VA... Go military. Your truck looks awesome dude.