Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Masada's Red Berzerker

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Masada's Red Berzerker

Ok so here is my stock 05 Impulse Red Taco three weeks old to me on the trail and a couple hours before the incident...

First time I was able to get out and this happens...

Read about the trip and see more pics here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...0-09-pics.html

While I was really mad at myself for what happened, it turned out to be a mixed blessing. Insurance payed me some $$$ and I was able to go shopping and make it stronger, better and faster (ok maybe not faster but cooler for sure).

Here is the finished product so far:

Updated pics

Suspension shots

Wheelers AAL

CB Antenna mount

Some old pics

Mods list:
All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper
All Pro IFS Skid Plate
PIAA 510 Fog Lights
Fox Coilovers 2.5 Remote Resi
Rear Bilstein 5100's
Wheelers Single AAL
BHLM
Grill Craft MX Series insert
Added two D-Rings to bed
Avid Off Road Sliders
AFE Pro Dry S filter
Gibson Cat back exhaust
Camburg UCA 1" Uni-Ball
All Pro E-locker skid plate
All Pro light hoop
Hella 700 kit
Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16

Ordered:

Future list:
Winch of some kind
Rear plate bumper
Toyota FJ TRD rims Or American Eagle alloys
URD Cold Air Intake with calibration ~Not sure on this yet~
Dough Thorley Hearders
HID Kit
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
....o.k I'm ready!!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
just out of curiosity, how much more did you chip in AFTER insurance for the bumper? looks good!
$0

My deductible was $500, repair estimate was $2350. So I took a payout for $1850 and got everything for that, including an alignment...

I bought the sheet metal bumper and painted it myself...it was hard, but worth it in the end.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Taylor Your new bumper looks good man!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, I just ordered my sliders from Avid off road so those should be done a week or so! I'm trying to save up some money so I can get some nice tires...

Cooper ST 265/75/16 will be what I'm going for...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to pick up your sliders from Avid? or are they shipping them across town?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Are you going to pick up your sliders from Avid? or are they shipping them across town?
I'll go pick them up, so I can meet Brandon. He seemed like a really cool guy.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
I'll go pick them up, so I can meet Brandon. He seemed like a really cool guy.
Nice, Well let me know the day you were thinking about going up there and I might join you. I'm right by Him and I need to swing by and have him weld something for me.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #13
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!!! how do you get a check cut to you instead of a dealer or auto shop? besides if you have a friend at said auto shop?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
very nice!!! how do you get a check cut to you instead of a dealer or auto shop? besides if you have a friend at said auto shop?
Some insurance companies will just give you the money and say get it fixed wherever. Others will have you take it to a preferred shop and have you get an estimate, then you can chose to have it fixed there or somewhere else.

I don't think by law, they can require you to get it fixed at one of their locations.

What ended up happening was I told my insurance that I wanted to get it repaired elsewhere and to send me the check. So they took the estimate from a shop that was in their network and gave me a check minus my deductible. It was enough to fix the bumper, and upgraded a few other components as well.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Little update:

Sliders were ordered and built by Avid Off Road, and I got them all painted up. I'll post some pics later, but I get them put on Saturday.

EDIT for Pics of sliders:

Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I heart my Avid Offroad sliders!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Dude Brandon does amazing work and is the coolest guy...

Small update,

I just ordered my new exhaust and an AFE pro dry s filter after selling my AK. Now I have some money left and will be saving that for new UCA and 885 coils.

Maybe Santa will bring some 5100 for the rear too?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! more pics bro.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
did your insurance go up after that?

i dont understand how people do trail damage or something like that without getting in an accident on the road and claim that with insurance, how does it work?