Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

jdkeller's 2008 Prerunner Build

Old 10-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #21
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
Let me know when. I've got a few trail runs I'll probably be doing up north in Flagstaff and in Sedona with my cousin so he can test out and play with his new axle since he is currently almost done with his SAS. I'll have a break from school so I'll be working and then just off roading and working on my truck.
Sweet. I already hit up Brianr so hopefully I will get to meet all of you. Sadly it will only be a day thing.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #22
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Sweet. I already hit up Brianr so hopefully I will get to meet all of you. Sadly it will only be a day thing.
I still have to meet all of us.... lol I've only met 3 people on here, I think. Chris4x4, JTech, and possibly TacoNut (I went to school with him, I just can't remember if I met him ).
Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #23
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
I still have to meet all of us.... lol I've only met 3 people on here, I think. Chris4x4, JTech, and possibly TacoNut (I went to school with him, I just can't remember if I met him ).
Haha if possible i want to set up a little meet and greet for whoever can make it. Then at night hit up the restaurants and bars!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #24
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha if possible i want to set up a little meet and greet for whoever can make it. Then at night hit up the restaurants and bars!
Well just let me know the date when you do, and I'll try and see what I can do about getting work off.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #26
ramjm_2000 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Biomedical
ramjm_2000's Tacoma Gallery
Love the build looks great!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Time to update your sig. Nice build JD!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #29
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
O.M.G.

I thought that I was done with mods for my Prerunner. I was wrong.

Thanks to you and derekabraham I have more projects coming.

What did you do to solve the rubbing problem with 33" tires?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
Time to update your sig. Nice build JD!
lol. When are we going to hit up another trail!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
O.M.G.

I thought that I was done with mods for my Prerunner. I was wrong.

Thanks to you and derekabraham I have more projects coming.

What did you do to solve the rubbing problem with 33" tires?
Well I have the TC ucas and spidertrax wheel spacers. If you dont get the spacers you need aftermarket wheels with a different backspacing. Then there will only be minor rubbing on the fenders and on the body mounts. The body mount rubbing only occurs when offroading and flexed and turning all together. I have not noticed it enough to do a Body Mount Chop Mod. They cut it and weld it back together. Cheapest I have seen that done for is $150. I might look into that in the future but for right now I am content. For the fender rubbing, this is very minor and all you have to do is cut some plastic. No biggy.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
Blue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: NIS
Blue Tango's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously dude, I've written off the PreRunner as, 'not a 4x4, doesn't deserve mods.' So stop giving me ideas! Looks great dude.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tango View Post
Seriously dude, I've written off the PreRunner as, 'not a 4x4, doesn't deserve mods.' So stop giving me ideas! Looks great dude.
lol. Glad I can help. The possibilities are endless even with a prerunner!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pre-runner with locker can keep with 4x4 in some (maybe most) trails. Right JD?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #35
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:

Why would you even think about writing off a PreRunner especially one with a locker..your truck is capable, I have been on runs with JD and he has done some crazy stuff with his.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Your truck has a nice clean look to it. Good work...keep me updated on how you like those Fox's. That is my next major upgrade...

Tri
I love them! Looking to get the rears now.
Quote:
Pre-runner with locker can keep with 4x4 in some (maybe most) trails. Right JD?
haha yes sir! Only thing that I have trouble with is really slow crawling over big rocks and stuff. But I kept up with all the 4x4 guys at the big trail meet at Cleghorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Why would you even think about writing off a PreRunner especially one with a locker..your truck is capable, I have been on runs with JD and he has done some crazy stuff with his.

Just air down and you will be amazed.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #37
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well I have the TC ucas and spidertrax wheel spacers. If you dont get the spacers you need aftermarket wheels with a different backspacing. Then there will only be minor rubbing on the fenders and on the body mounts. The body mount rubbing only occurs when offroading and flexed and turning all together. I have not noticed it enough to do a Body Mount Chop Mod. They cut it and weld it back together. Cheapest I have seen that done for is $150. I might look into that in the future but for right now I am content. For the fender rubbing, this is very minor and all you have to do is cut some plastic. No biggy.
I wouldn't necessarily need to have UCAs to fit 33" tires under there, correct? I don't mind just bolting on some spacers in place of buying new wheels. Cutting off some plastic is no problem either.

Thanks for clarifying the requirements for fitting on 33" tires. I've gleaned various pieces of info off while searching but could never come up with a definitive answer.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #38

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm just waiting for you guys to set it up.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
I wouldn't necessarily need to have UCAs to fit 33" tires under there, correct? I don't mind just bolting on some spacers in place of buying new wheels. Cutting off some plastic is no problem either.

Thanks for clarifying the requirements for fitting on 33" tires. I've gleaned various pieces of info off while searching but could never come up with a definitive answer.
You don't need the uca's to fit the tires. They are for getting your alignment back to spec.
Quote:
I'm just waiting for you guys to set it up.
Ok. I'll get on it!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #40
Blue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: NIS
Blue Tango's Tacoma Gallery
We shall see, I use that excuse to keep all my mod money focused on my car for now. I know it's capable, new tires would go a long way, but I'm being cheap with it. If I decide to go hit some trails with the 4x4 guys I'll toss on some new rubber and go from there. I'm an offroad noob.