1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Awymore997s Build Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by awymore997, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    awymore997

awymore997 [OP] Quitting is for Quitters

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab TRD OFRD 6 speed
    After 40000 miles and 13 months I figured I would make one of these

[​IMG]

Here she is the night I bought her, 08 TRD Off Road 6 Speed 4.0l, bought it with 73 miles on it from Rice Toyota in NC....if your in the area give them a visit best dealership experiance I have ever had.

When I first bought it, I planned on doing the Pro Comp 6" and sticking 35's on it, after reading up I wanted nothing to do with a drop bracket lift so that Idea got scrapped. The rest of the mods at this point were cosmetic....Did the BHLM, and pulled off all my badging and painted it black.

The next step came at 5000 miles, Found a set of used SAW 2.0 coilovers, and bought All Pro UCA's and 1.5" leaf packs, along with some walker evans rear shocks, and picked up some M/T Classis locks and 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers. The springs were backordered so they never made it on to the truck, they are collecting dust in my garage right now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next 10 months saw 3 trips from North Carolina to Oregon, and 80 miles to school and back everyday. It was in the body shop once for a wreck while I was wheeling in the snow, I lost a mirror at Uwharrie, and another trip to the body shop after I hit a deer in Wyoming. I also had to replace a grill after an unfortunate incident in Montana with a phesant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. Dont ever hit a damn deer in wyoming, that was in July and I still am trying to get the whole mess straightend out.

Here is how she sits now, 2 bumpers, 3 grills, 4 sets of headlights, and a couple fenders later....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where the fun part starts, Its time for another round of upgrades...Bumpers, and a Suspension reveamp, and possibly some new wheels....

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    good build man.....body shops must love ya!!:D

im ready to wheel again at uwharrie....or gulches...wherever! also,as i prolly mentioned....gonna plan a mod day in the next couple months at the new house....you should come to it man.

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    awymore997

awymore997 [OP] Quitting is for Quitters

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab TRD OFRD 6 speed
    Future Plans.....

I have some rough ideas, but I would like some input also...I will be back in oregon for good around March, so the truck will be used as my DD as well as pulling my quad around and some sand/desert blasting.

Front Bumper:
    Im thinking either All Pro Hybrid or something custom. If anybody has feedback on bajabumpers.com I would love to hear it, I am also considering goign through them...
    [​IMG]

Front Suspension:
    Ultimatley I want to go LT, but that is not in the budget right now....
    Rebuild the SAW's
    Switch to a longer spring and probably switch spring rates
    Add a top plate spacer
    All this in an effort to make the most effective mid travel setup I can

Rear Suspension:
    Armortech shackle flip kit
    12" Travel King 2.5 Resi's
    Finally Put my AllPro Springs on

Rear Bumper:
    Armortech High Clearance bumper
    Possibly a Tiregate

Wheels:
    I dig the classis locks, but I am tired of having to polish them, I may get them powdercoated black and get the rings done black as well
    I am also considering a set of KMC enduro's or Ballistic Off Road Enigma's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lets hear it from the peanut gallery!

4. Dec 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    I like the enigmas

arb w/ foglights ftw for a new bumper

5. Dec 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i have the same dilemma haha... that hybrid has the best of both worlds tho... but the baja or prerunner style look bad ass as well..

Products Discussed in

To Top