Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Agent475's Build

Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Agent475's Build

Well, I guess that I've put this off long enough... I've had to put a hold on mods for a while, but I've been slowly working the small ones until I could get some expendable loot to do the bigger stuff again...

I started out with a stock 2006 Red Tacoma, TRD Sport 4x4...

One of the first things I added was the seat covers (pics coming)...

Then, I added the headlights:

Then, the 3" Tuff Country Lift:

Most recently, I added the tailgate theft mod:

And the permanent oil filter drain plug:
Connected the Fuel line using a hose clamp:

Another view from side:

Ran the hose next to the fan, with two other hoses:

Zip tied them together:

Zip tie from under the truck (you will need to remove skid plate):

Run hose through the frame hole that is under the skid plate:

To finish, I ran the hose under that frame bracket and zip tied it along the way.

Nonetheless, all you need to do is zip tie the drain hose out of the way, reattach the skid plate, and trim the hose. And now, when I change the oil, I don't have to worry about attaching a hose to that oil filter drain plug or spilling oil in the engine....

Took off some badging (which you cannot really see here)... and I added a USMC badging on the side (pics to follow soon).

Then I added my personalized plates:

UPDATE 3/8/2010:

So this weekend we finally got some decent weather and I took care of a few more odds & ends with the ride...

First up was brighter backup lights... Rather than shell out the 21 bucks for a set of aftermarket lights, I spent 14 bucks and just installed brighter bulbs using the mod here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post145152 Of note, the Sylvannia 886's are specified here - but the 885's work just the same.

Second, I relocated the horns to just behind the battery in anticipation of getting some off-road lights mounted behind the grill I am going to put in. Easy and cheap mod (free) and had fun doing it. Having looked at various lights at the store, I am thinking that I might just go with some thinner rectulangar driving lights and mount them between the plastic pieces on the existing grill... Kind of like police lights - but no strobes. Still up in the air right now.

Lastly, now that I was warmed up mechnically with the other two mods, I thought I should finally install my OME Carrier bearing drop kit I picked up from Toytec. This was a VERY easy install... loosened both bolts first and did one side at a time after that... Spacer in and new bolts in, I used my handy torque wrench to tighten them down to 50ftlbs. I may tighten them later - but 50 is what was specified. With a 3" lift, you almost HAVE to get a 1/4" CB drop. Having done that, I can say now that my driveline vibes are gone... THANK GOD! And I noticed better acceleration and no more creaking/grinding... Great fix!

Pics to follow when I get another nice day to take some!

UPDATE 4/1/2010:

So the weather has finally warmed up again... Aside from retitling the bathroom floor last night and today - I decided it was time to start my satoshi grill mod... I also got my weathertech floor liners in today, and I'll be installing them when I get a chance to clean out the interior well enough to be worthy of the weathertechs. Anyway, so after calling around to several metal places today... I finally found a guy here in Waldorf that was willing to sell me a piece of perforated galvanized steel mesh for 20 bucks (it was a contract company, so I was psyched he worked with me. I'll update with some pics after it's all done. He also asked for one of my DJ cards for a company picnic... Nothing like being at the right place at the right time!

Step 1, setup the table:

Step 2, take pics of the mesh. This is galvanized steel... good stuff:

Step 3, position the grill for measurement and destruction on your wife's favorite beach towel:

Step 4, destruction and measurements (remember to measure twice and cut once:

Step 5, after you dry fit your mesh, SAND and SAND some more:

Step 6, ruin aforementioned towel making a mess while doing your first fiberglass job:

Step 7, Sand and Sand some more... Then add body filler and sand again:

Step 8, tape it off:

Step 9, prime it:

Step 10, while the primer dries... Spray your grill:

Step 11, while grill dries - spray what you primed. Let dry and attach grill to grill surround:

Step 12, reattach to truck and view finished product:

And, since I was already out there - I decided it was time to go ahead and install the WeatherTechs:

Next up is the breather diff. mod and finishing the tailgate debadging....

On the to do list:
-New in-dash navigation
-Black ATX Thug rims and new off-road tires
-Sliders
-Push Button Start by Bully
-Front and rear bumpers
-winch
-roof rack w/ square lights integrated into the roof rack for 360 degree lighting
-spare tire bed mount
-hi-jack lift mount

**UPDATE 5/07/2010:
Not really a Taco related item, but I just picked up a new project: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gen...-new-whip.html
Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
Well, I guess that I've put this off long enough... I've had to put a hold on mods for a while, but I've been slowly working the small ones until I could get some expendable loot to do the bigger stuff again...

I started out with a stock 2006 Red Tacoma, TRD Sport 4x4...

One of the first things I added was the seat covers (pics coming)...

Then, I added the headlights:

Then, the 3" Tuff Country Lift:

Most recently, I added the tailgate theft mod:

Another view from side:

Zip tied them together:

To finish, I ran the hose under that frame bracket and zip tied it along the way.

Nonetheless, all you need to do is zip tie the drain hose out of the way, reattach the skid plate, and trim the hose. And now, when I change the oil, I don't have to worry about attaching a hose to that oil filter drain plug or spilling oil in the engine....

Took off some badging (which you cannot really see here)... and I added a USMC badging on the side (pics to follow soon).

Then I added my personalized plates:

Next up is the breather diff. mod and finishing the tailgate debadging....

On the to do list:
-New in-dash navigation
-Black ATX Thug rims and new off-road tires
-Sliders
-Front and rear bumpers
-winch
-roof rack w/ square lights integrated into the roof rack for 360 degree lighting
-spare tire bed mount
-hi-jack lift mount

It all looks great. Where did you get your lights? I need to do the diff mod and change the fluid asap! I have about 60k on the truck and do a lot of towing and it hasn't ever been changed.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
It all looks great. Where did you get your lights? I need to do the diff mod and change the fluid asap! I have about 60k on the truck and do a lot of towing and it hasn't ever been changed.
did you need to quote his whole post?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
How is the Tuff Country Lift? I've been looking at some of their kits. Truck looks great btw
Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
How is the Tuff Country Lift? I've been looking at some of their kits. Truck looks great btw

Thanks... it's a work in progress... The lift is ok for a budget lift. With 20/20 hindsight, I probably would have actually upgraded the suspension with coilovers and UCAs, but hell man, I don't off-road THAT much to really justify it. Most of my 93k miles is from commuting to work.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
did you need to quote his whole post?
Just a habit I guess.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
Gunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Gunny, Retired 2001
Name: Randy
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Devil Dog!!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
sackcrain is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
sackcrain's Tacoma Gallery
what are the headlights called and where can i get them from
Old 04-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is really looking good! Can't wait to see the upcoming mods come together.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #15
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Truck is really looking good! Can't wait to see the upcoming mods come together.

Thanks! It's held up like a champ since I put it on!

P.S. I cannot wait to see my truck either when the mods come together... LOL
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
what were the measurements on the steel? cause i asked a friend who could get me the steel and he wanted to kno the thickness of the steel and the sizes of the perforated holes?
would u happen to know all that? lol
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Taco I really like the headlights
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #18
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Sweet Taco I really like the headlights
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare4150 View Post
what were the measurements on the steel? cause i asked a friend who could get me the steel and he wanted to kno the thickness of the steel and the sizes of the perforated holes?
would u happen to know all that? lol
Honestly, I have no clue and I am in Iraq right now, so I cannot go measure them. But I ordered them from ToyTec and they are Old Man Emu carrier bearing spacers. About 1/4" thick if I recall correctly.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
MarinePhoenix2207 will become famous soon enough

Coast Guard: Deck Watch Officer gone Aviator
MarinePhoenix2207's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post

Another view from side:

Zip tied them together:

Any clogging in the hose after a few oil changes?

Also, how do you like those halo projector head lights?