Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kit's Build Up

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Knightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to behold

Knightryder's Tacoma Gallery
Kit's Build Up

My front suspension is already built and done for now by Engage Off Road.

So this build up is going to be the start and finish of my rear suspension.
What I have now..

Picked up some 16'' smooth bodies to do the trick until I can afford some trip bypasses.

I will be running Engage's 50T leaf pack, Install kit (which includes front and rear hangers and all hardware), Shackles, and U-bolt Eliminator Kit.
I am interning at Engage, So I am very fortunate that Hassim is nice enough to allow me to build my truck at the shop, and help me along the way when needed.
Welded up the hangers...

everything fit together bitchin.

Tear down started yesterday morning, got mostly everything cut off and ground down, just a bit more grinding to do.. can't wait. I am boxing the frame as well, and ditching the bed alltogether.. bye bye bed

Im also gunna be using a tundra axle due to width and the availability of regearing and lockers. So cutting off all the stock bs on that and installing the Eliminator kit is gunna take some time

unfortunatly I wont be able to work on my truck everyday, due to school and my other job, So today I didnt get shit done, tomorrow I will hit it hard, hopefully have the suspension mocked up.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see some pics of the front too I love me some long travel
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Knightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to beholdKnightryder is a splendid one to behold

there you go
Old 11-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet ride!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Freaking awesome build, I love it
Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Daaaaayyyyyyuuuuummmm!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome man. Does the tundra fit the stock axle?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
thats awesome man. Does the tundra fit the stock axle?
not sure what you mean by that, but im having a driveshaft shop make a tundra driveshaft fit into my tacoma tranny, from there the driveshaft and tundra axle fit.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #10

Got a TON done today.. haha

welded up some beefy shackles I got from Engage. all 4130
sorry im not the best welder..

Also picked up the Engage 50t pack, looks amazing.

Heres the 50t pack, front and rear hangers, and shackles

frame is 100% clean and is boxed up the the crossmember holding all the gas tank bs.. that was a lot of fun

trying to figure out my drive shaft took up way to much time today, should get it back friday from the drive shaft shop

Tundra axle is cleaned and ready for u bolt eliminator kit, just have to find the pinion angle and weld the kit up.

Anyone know the stock 05+tacoma Dcab short bed 2wd pinion angle by any chance? lol

took the leaf packs apart, using main leaf for mock up and to cycle the suspension.

hopefully I will have the suspension tacked in and cycling by friday night, sucks having to work on it every other day.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightryder View Post
not sure what you mean by that, but im having a driveshaft shop make a tundra driveshaft fit into my tacoma tranny, from there the driveshaft and tundra axle fit.
\

sorry, i don't know what i meant by that either

i tried to ask if the stock tacoma drive shaft would fit the tundra axle
but the way ur going makes more sense
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
daaayyyuuumm thats secsy
'for sure
Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
\

sorry, i don't know what i meant by that either

i tried to ask if the stock tacoma drive shaft would fit the tundra axle
but the way ur going makes more sense
yeah, a 4x4 tundra drive shaft has a slip yoke in it and my tacomas drive shaft is solid, so when my 18'' of travel is fully drooped it wont plunge my ds into my tranny or destroy my carrier bearing.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery

damn dude im gonna have to go to the bathroom after looking at this sexy truck......

A+ on this build
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! How much wider is that Tundra rear as compared to the Tacoma one?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
wow i cant believe i just beat off to a truck
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
wow i cant believe i just beat off to a truck

Sick truck! Any certain reason for all the modding? Wanting to race it or anything?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
OH EM GEE

i...
your...
we...
wow
GREAT job yur truck is pure secks
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, can't wait to see the final product.

Products Discussed in this Thread