LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mxpatriot's Long Travel 4x4

Old 12-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Mxpatriot's Long Travel 4x4

Updated pictures:

---------

2006 TRD Sport 4x4

Front Suspension
All Pro Long Travel
Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoir Coil Overs

Rear Suspension
Defined Long Travel
Fox 2.5 16'' double bypass shocks
Fox 2.0 3'' travel bumps (not yet installed)

Bumpers
1 3/4'' DOM Tube front bumper with aluminum skid and hidden hitch/winch mount.
All Pro rear bumper with a custom built tire carrier and hidden hitch/winch mount as well.
All Pro sliders

Lighting
20'' and 50'' LED light bars
Hella back up light

Wheels and Tires
305/65/17 ProComp Extreme A/T's
17'' XD Addicts

Navigation
Hard mounted Garmin 60csx (RAM mount)
External GPS antenna
External GPS power

Commo
Cobra 75 CB Radio
Kenwood 281 2 meter ham radio.

Recovery
XRC8 Comp winch with synthetic line - Removed with All Pro front bumper, will build a rear mount for it sooner or later.

Exterior
All Pro fiberglass front fenders

Interior
Locking center console mod
LED interior light swap

Other
Bremo brake rotors / Hawk Pads
Stainless extended brake lines all four corners
synergy 1.5'' wheel spacers in the rear to even up the track width
ABS disable

Updated bumper pictures:

New bumper and tire carrier build pics (still in progress, but getting there)

More progress, still a lot of things to finish though:

Hitch is hidden by license plate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQAgJpLCJLQ

New pics with tire carrier (full build page 6):

Bad ass pic Conekiller took as I made my way through the rock sluece box at Gorman

Old, pre-LT pictures:

Here's a few pictures of how my Kenwood 2 meter, Cobra CB and Garmin 60csx are mounted:

Old 12-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice build!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
indigobob will become famous soon enoughindigobob will become famous soon enough
Name: Bob
indigobob's Tacoma Gallery
Very well done.....great pics
Old 12-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like some fun terrain
Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
56cbr600rr will become famous soon enough

Name: Bobby
56cbr600rr's Tacoma Gallery
The b/w pic is by far the best. Nice!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump - thread redone - more pictures
Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I love the "Air" pic
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choice of components.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I really like those wheels

nice setup

Justin
Old 01-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It's so beautiful. Very tasteful mods. How was that landing?
Landing was good.

I wouldn't want to go much higher than that, though. Anything higher with my set up would turn more into a "drop" than a "landing". It felt smooth and didn't feel abusive to the truck.

The rear leaf springs were a new addition since the last time I went airborne. Definitely a huge improvement in the rear; plus the soft sand certainly helps.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #16
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Landing was good.

I wouldn't want to go much higher than that, though. Anything higher with my set up would turn more into a "drop" than a "landing". It felt smooth and didn't feel abusive to the truck.

The rear leaf springs were a new addition since the last time I went airborne. Definitely a huge improvement in the rear; plus the soft sand certainly helps.
right on lol... ay do those timpren bump stops really make a difference...??
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck. Those matte/machined addict's look pretty nice on the white....you're giving me even more of a time trying to decide on new wheels.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
right on lol... ay do those timpren bump stops really make a difference...??
Yea I think so - you can tell when they're being used because of the noise they make. When the air compresses out of them it makes a bump noise, but it dampens the rear end nicely. I put them on at the same time as the leaf pack so it's kind of hard to tell which component is responsible for what when the rear end is bottoming out.

The back end won't kick up anymore, like on high speed stuff. Man a world of difference that was once I finally tamed the rear end.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #19
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride

Check out your alignment cams and coil over towers. Guys flatten out the alignmnet cam tabs and others have bent shock towers. Its cheaper to gusset first than unbend/reinforce later.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, very tastefully done.