Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The End's so-called "build".

Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
The End's so-called "build".

Ok, so I have almost got to a point where I am happy with the truck where it is at per how many dollars I've spent. Seeing as I have another project that needs a lot more attention/income I won't be doing to much more to the Taco for a while(i.e. Tax season).

I don't really know if you can call this a "build" thread because there is not a whole lot going on but here goes:

Bought the truck in July 09 on a whim because I was driving a 97 Sonoma with a 4.3 on nitrous and wanted something quieter/nicer, with more creature comforts as well as reliable. So I got home only to find out I was locked out with nothing to do...So I figured I would go take a look at some trucks, went to the local Toyota dealership and they only had one, access cab red with a lot of chrome accents...Scratch that idea.

In my mind I knew I wanted a Silver or White double cab. Moving on to the next dealership. As soon as I got there looked to my right and I saw 5 trucks in all the configurations except the one that I wanted. When I started to walk back to the car and leave a beam fell out of the sky and what caught my eye? It was a 2006 Silver double cab TRD prerunner. Okay, I have to act like I'm not too interested. Rule #1 when it comes to buying a car. Got talked into driving it, came back and decided if we could work it out.

Bad news, they wanted $25,700 for the truck. Which I did not have. Fast forward about 7 hours>>>>>>>. Walked out the door with the keys in hand final price you ask? 20,400.

Truck had 39,000 miles on it with EVERY receipt you can imagine, what's even better was that it was owned by an older gentlemen that took very good care of it. Just so happens that he bought the tires at the tire shop I work at...Small world.

Let's get started.

Day I brought it home. Noticed the old man-ness evident by the nerf bars, and vent visors.

Well later that day I joined this forum and got invited to the Ocala National Forest meet.

I got there, but just a little too late...Already drove a few hours and don't have nobody to help me if I get stuck, what to do?

Even though it was just me out there. My brother in law tagged a long and we had a blast.

Went out to a big area of land owned by a friend where we usually ride 4 wheelers and shoot guns and decided to see how the truck performed out there...

front tires got about 4-5 feet off the ground while the rears were still making contact. End result? Knocked the toe out of alignment, $50...nothing broke, oh well.

Decided to take the truck out to the local mudhole...Even though I was not 4 wheel drive against my better judgement I ended up going....end result?

About 8 hours of washing and washing and washing then some more washing.

So not to much happened in those first few months then I dropped a little bit of money into it and now I get a lot of compliments and still I can't even imagine how big of a difference that $1500 bucks can make.

Mods are 2% tint on rear doors, 5% on front, 15% on windshield, 10% on rear. 265/75/16 Kuhmo Road Venture M/T's. Painted black wheels. Satoshi grill with painted grill surround. T-rex eyelids. Scanguage. E-bay halo headlights, removed secondary air filter. De-badged, de-chromed. Pro Comp 4 inch coil over suspension kit in the front, with Pro Comp AAL and shocks in the rear. That's all I can remember as of right now, some of the mods are kind of redundant I understand but it's just to minimize the questions, Sorry.

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...the pictures.

So, anyways that's where the truck sits right now. If I find some extra money outside my new project there are a few things I would like to get for the truck.

On my wishlist is All-pro front and rear bumpers and an indash dvd/navi system.

I hope you enjoyed my build and I apologize for all the reading.

Tim.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Love that shot of driving throught the "lake" 15% on the windshield seems super dark!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man.
looks good

on a side note. pics are huge!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The End's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 15% is pretty dark but if I could go back I would actually get it darker. Thanks for the compliments guys. I don't know how to resize the pictures sorry about that. If a mod or somebody could do it I would appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
You should, you only live once.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
And thank you.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking ride!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Nice truck! My friend has a bit darker on his windshield too but it looks good!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweet!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
I love the Kuhmos, one of the best IMO.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good bro!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck, you wouldnt happen to have any links for those particular halo lights/trex eyelids or the satoshi grill would you eh?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
Let's set up a Florida meet.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man.