Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Air Reel Installed in Bed Side

Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Air Reel Installed in Bed Side

-
Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
i noticed you had removed the forward cubby hole...did you do something in that area? or was it just to help with install (reaching through hole)?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
+5 That's pretty bad ass.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
i noticed you had removed the forward cubby hole...did you do something in that area? or was it just to help with install (reaching through hole)?
I thought about having the hose come out there. It didn't work out., but I had to remove it anyway to connect the air.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #7

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
haha that is an awesome idea man. Good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
very nice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
+5 That's pretty bad ass.
Thanks guys. There's still more to come. I'm going to install a solenoid between the air tank and the hose with an in cab switch so I don't have to pressurize the whole line when I fire up the compressor for the lockers.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, fwiw, i'd consider getting a dummy male fitting to plug the end of the hose while its dangling behind the rear tire to keep the sliding collar from seizing up

edit, nm i just noticed you dont have an airline fitting on the end but a tirechuck. either way, you should still plug it somehow to keep mud/dirt/water from building in there.

great idea though!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #9

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I think I probably will but something over the end. We'll see how dirty it gets this weekend.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Thanks guys. There's still more to come. I'm going to install a solenoid between the air tank and the hose with an in cab switch so I don't have to pressurize the whole line when I fire up the compressor for the lockers.
Kinda funny just posted a post where I said...

You could isolate the tank by a simple valve that you turn by hand. Otherwise if you wanted to be like something we would see on Silverbacks (silverback07) - you would probably get a solenoid that would isolate the tank remotely.

I guess I should of said you! Where did you get the solenoid and ¿Cuál es el precio
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #11

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Kinda funny just posted a post where I said...

You could isolate the tank by a simple valve that you turn by hand. Otherwise if you wanted to be like something we would see on Silverbacks (silverback07) - you would probably get a solenoid that would isolate the tank remotely.

I guess I should of said you! Where did you get the solenoid and ¿Cuál es el precio
I get them on eBay
Old 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I get them on eBay
pic?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #13

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
pic?
Just ordered it today. There will be plenty of picks when I install it.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
Ban Pending

Quote:
Just ordered it today. There will be plenty of picks when I install it.
perfect - thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
nice man i want to mount one in my tool box
Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #17
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
awesome idea man!!!

very clean (yet very dirty ) install as always!!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #18

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
nice man i want to mount one in my tool box
Toolbox should be even easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Awesome drew! Really convienent now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
awesome idea man!!!

very clean (yet very dirty ) install as always!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #19

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Actually I already have a solenoid to turn my compressor on and off according to air pressure. You could do the same thing, just add a tank to keep pressurized, then feed the hose off of that. Add the solenoid to monitor the tank and thus turn the compressor on and off. Thats it. Don't even need a switch inside. Mine stays pressurized all the time. I don't get any bleed-down or anything.
I don't really plan to add a bigger tank yet, but if I do, I'll set it up like that. Right now, a simple on off should do fine.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #20

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Do you have a tank at all?
A very tiny one that is built into the ARB compressor.