Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Josh's Build

Old 01-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Josh's Build

Ok, so I was looking forward to making one of these threads once I redeployed. I have been steady shipping parts home since the beginning of the deployment and apparently my folks got tired of the parts being in the garage and had them installed. Nice move by the folks but was deffintly looking forward to the build. I am still deployed and dont have pics of the truck stock until I get home but here is the list of current mods and some pics

Installed
All Pro Plate Bumper
Warn 8000 winch with synthetic line
Leer Topper
Piaa Driving lights
DO Bolt on sliders
Grill Craft Grill
2 sets of Yakima roof racks with kayak and snowboard attachments
Double Din Nav System
Black Out behind grill and get rid of chrome
ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit
TC UCAs
Snorkel
fog light anytime mod
disable antilock brake mod

To Be Installed

new piaa 5100
repaint the grill

Yet to be purchased Mods

Armor Tec rear bumber
Sound system
E Locker
light force spot lights
And whatever other money wasting ideas I get from this site

Tell me what you think. I am unsure if I like the topper or not, I do know I will get ALOT of use out of it in the winter, for the dogs and while kayaking so the usefulness is worth it. Before it is asked there is no lift installed because my folks have to drive the truck 1200 miles in a few months and I dont want it driven on a cherry suspension.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/MWR%20User/Desktop/pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_Joe_008_%2 8Small%29.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Josh's Build-pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_joe_008_-small-.jpg   Josh's Build-pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_joe_010_-small-.jpg   Josh's Build-pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_joe_011_-small-.jpg   Josh's Build-pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_joe_012_-small-.jpg   Josh's Build-pics_to_email_soldier_and_red_cover_for_joe_013_-small-.jpg  

Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, Keep it up and thanks for your service. Fixed the pics so they are easier to see.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
You have a nice setup. About the topper? It's my first time to see in a tacoma. Honestly, I like the ones that blend smoothly with the cab but that's just me.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
bump for easy to see pics
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
good start, man! Once the lift is on and some wheels and bigger/more aggressive tires are on itll be sittin pretty sweet. I think that color matching the grille surround and putting some driving lights on the bumper would be sweet additions as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #8
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
thanks guys, I have ideas but love to hear what others think. I agree about the topper, ones that ride flush with the cab look better. I sleep alot in the truck in really shitty weather so I think function will have to trump looks.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice build!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
dustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nice
Army:
Name: Dustin
dustin19d's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't I tell you to get weld on sliders with gussets at the frame :-P Oh well, It's Lookin good!
Looks like you're building it to fit your lifestyle...I like it!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #11

Army:
yea i know but the price of these sliders couldnt be beat. Still alot of work to be done on it.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Looking good man. keep up the good work.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
looks good dude... i think once the lift is on and tires and stuff the topper will look good... it wont look as low to the ground you know?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #14
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. Its gonna look completely different when you get the lift and tires on there. I'm not a big fan of toppers, but I kinda like this one. I think the whole truck is gonna look different when its lifted.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #15

Army:
so just got home on leave. Planning on getting a few mods done. Threw in the mag light mod

getting a new head unit installed wednesday and color matching the truck more pics to come
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man. Not a huge fan of the topper (agree with guys above about one that blends better). Waiting on lift and wheel/tire pics.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #18

Army:
sooo, here are some additional mods the I have completed in the last few days.

First I color matched the grill surround. It was time consuming but turned out alright, alot better than the chrome anyway. To do this I took off the grill surround painted behind it, then started to sand. I sanded all the chrome off the painted a single layer of 3m color match plastic paint. Then sanded it down again. I repeated this process 3 times till I had a good flush layer of paint. After that I put about 6 thin coats of paint and 2 of clear coat to finish it up. It turned out pretty good but wish it was a little smoother and glossier. That being said doesnt matter because once I had the grill off I starting the grill surround and thinking shatosi. thanks TW my truck will never be done now. Below are pics of the process and the color match.

With that being done I had a pioneer head unit and back up camea with night vision intalled. That should be it for a while. Any more ideas of what to do besides lift wheel and tires??

Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Liking the rear view camera. Where did you get it?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #20

Army:
got it at a store called sound on wheels but here is a link to the product http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...p-cameras.html

it has a really good night vision on it.