Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

New toys!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
New toys!!!

Well I did it. I ran over to TRDparts4U during lunch and got me a new roof top tent, winch and snorkel. The Snorkel had to be ordered and should be in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait for that to come in and install! You can see it here from another site but it's the same one...http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tec...o_snorkel.html. The winch is a T-Max branded by GO Overland! that you can see here...http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...dproduct=-8395. The one that I have been wanting for a long time now is the Mombasa tent. These things are great!! Easy set up and breakdown. You can see it here...http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...dproduct=-8250.

The winch should be installed tomorrow at one of our wrench-a-thons. We have a snorkel to install on a 4Runner, some IPF lights on a Tacoma and some other little stuff on other trucks. May not have time for mine???

The tent will stay boxed up for a few weeks until my M416 trailer is done. The custom built lid on it is all that's left to use it. But here are a couple of pics of mine and a few pics of the look I'm after....

Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty cool. A home away from home.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work on the tent. How long is it though. I don't know if i could fit.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
BITCHIN SET UP!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Nice work on the tent. How long is it though. I don't know if i could fit.
It's a little over 4 foot wide and a little over 7 foot long. The width stays the same but the length changes to I think 94" long once opened.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Just wondering why you don't put your tent on the ground? Critters??
Old 01-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Just wondering why you don't put your tent on the ground? Critters??
Yes, critters, rain/water, mud and the higher up you are the more air/wind circulation you get.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
damn that looks redneck.. I Love it
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Love it!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
It's a little over 4 foot wide and a little over 7 foot long. The width stays the same but the length changes to I think 94" long once opened.
Ok I guess the picture doesn't do it justice.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice set-up!, Im goin to order my snorkle here soon
Old 01-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Nice toys... snorkel is an easy install.
Boy I hope so. If you don't mind here in a few weeks, if I could get your number just in case, for the install that is. I would think with all the guys from TRDparts4u and Toyota of Dallas, there for the install, should be ok? I hope.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that is very cool. I need to be more outdoorsie that looks like so much fun.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard good things about the T-Max winches. I'm interested to see what you think of it.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Awesome! Those trailers are so cool. Did you build them?
The first 2 pics are of mine that I am rebuilding. It's a military M416 jeep trailer. It was a rust bucket but almost done for camping. The other pics are from trailers that are set up for the same thing or are the same type trailer.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Sure thing. I saw TacoDocs writeup on Cruiseroutfitters site. Very informative.. but I didn't follow it too much. Honestly it took me about 2.5 hours to install it... longest part was laying out the template. Once that was in place I then just went for it. After that it was pretty easy. I used the template to press the studs on the backside of the snorkel into in order to determine where to drill those at. Worked out great. But I'll be more than willing to talk you through any questions you might have.
Thanks for the info. Took a long time to install the snorkel on the 4runner this weekend. What kicked our ass was the washers and nuts up inside the fender. Didn't have any small hands???? But we got it. I'll get with you in a couple of weeks when mine comes in. Two and half hours sounds a lot better that all day!!! Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Also great to see you active on the site again kilo!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #20
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Nice! Also great to see you active on the site again kilo!
LOL I'm on here at least once a day. Just have not had anything to say I guess??