Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

CDN_Bacon's Build..."mmm bacon"

Old 02-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

Name: Christopher
cdn_bacon's Tacoma Gallery
CDN_Bacon's Build..."mmm bacon"

Well finally after almost 2-1/2 yrs I discovered the lovely thing called TW and decided to start my own build. Having almost zero mechanical experience on cars/trucks I figured I can/could do most of the stuff myself.

So far I've installed:
  1. Slim's HID 6000k headlings and 6000k fog lights
  2. Redline hood struts & tailgate strut
  3. TRD CAI
On the list to do:
  1. 3" OME Lift (purchased and ready to install)
    1. OME 90000
    2. 885 coils
    3. LR UCAs
    4. AAL
    5. diff drop kit
    6. OME N182 rear strut
  2. Grillcraft Upper grill (waiting for delivery)
I figure this is a godo start although its become somewhat of an addiction and I want to do more !
Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
mmmm... bacon.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

How do you post pictures in the post (other than a thumbnail to click on). When I try to "insert" a picture it asks for a url and won't let me select a file on the pc
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Popperman63 is on a distinguished road

Popperman63's Tacoma Gallery
You need to upload them to an image hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket or use the "Tacoma Photos" button at the top of the page and click "Upload photos".
Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #7

So finally getting this picture posting thing figured out. Here's some of my latest mods:

TRD CAI

Kobalt Slim Compact Tool Box

Redline Hood Struts

Redline Tailgate EZ Down
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #8

So here is the epic of the engine cover paint debacle. I see people painting their covers and think "hey, these look good...how hard can it be?"

Sadly I've come to realize that "multiple light coats" as directed on the can does not mean a single heavy coat Beautifully masked and and a heavy layer on it and WHOSH....a huge gust of wind blows in the garage blowing shit all over the wet paint.

After a much botched paint job and many hours of sanding I attempted again although its not perfect it'll due. I think I may still gloss it...undecided.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #9

Slims HID lights, 6000k main and fog lights!! (best purchase yet!)

Before

Installing...

After...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #10

Next on the install list

Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, Hey you coming out to the wrench meet???
Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #12

Yes sir....that last pic of the OME 3" will be my big install for Sat morning!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_bacon View Post
Yes sir....that last pic of the OME 3" will be my big install for Sat morning!!
Sweet!!! can't wait to meet everyone.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #14

should def be a good one
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #15

OME 3" Lift

So after much contemplating I decided to tell the garages to go screw themselves and try to install the lift kit by myself. Thankfully, there just happened to be a mini-wrench meet on 13-Feb and with the help of some really great guys I finally got my lift installed (well almost).

...I had some "issues".
1.) AAL was sent from vendor for stock spring pak when I have TSB springs. Problem discovered...AAL was too long for AAL.
2.) garage who installed my coil/struts for the front end put the retaining cup on upside down! This coming from an "Offroad Garage". Thank god for NTB and a $20 bill!
3.) Wheels rubbing on the caliper....grrr

In the end everything got installed and the final piece, the AAL will be here Wed!!

The new hardware...

Packing up and heading to the wrench meet

Lets get to work!

Problem No.1!! AAL sent from vendor is for stock leaf spring pak...I have TSB. Result is the AAL is too long! So....removed the AAL and sent it back first thing Monday. Still waiting for the new AAL for the TSB to show up!

Problem No.2!! Retainer cup is installed backwards! After a bitching out of the garage and a trip to NTB and a $20 bill later....ready to go!

New Light Racing UCA's vs stock...

New shoes!! KMC XD122 Enduro's wrapped in Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70R17

Finished product less AAL (coming Wed!)