Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jon M's "Small and Concise" Mods

Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Wax nostalgic.
Jon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to all

Army: Commo - 31U. Ft. Benning, GA.
Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Jon M's "Small and Concise" Mods

As the Builds Thread caption reads: "Build-up threads to document upgrades you are performing on your Tacoma".

Therefore, I will be documenting the well thought out and well researched mods that I will be perfoming on my Tacoma.

This will not be an off road beast. I simply want to get the most out of my truck by adding those small features or fine touches that will make it more entertaining, cosmetically appealing, functional, and unique.

I hope this thread can motivate others to "individualize" their truck and give them ideas on what to do. It's your truck and it should reflect your style and personality.

For Reference: Bone Stock '09 TRD Sport w/ Towing Pkg

Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Wax nostalgic.
Jon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to all

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Mod #1: Tranny and Rear Leaf TSB

Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Mod #2: TRD Cold Air Intake

Truck passes "shake down" test.

Celebration:

Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Mod #3: Paint Calipers

Take your time with this!! Be patient. I did 3 coats and waited the 24 hours before I drove it. The paint was glossy and smooth when I finished.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Future Mods: Lamin-X yellow fogs, always 400w inverter, additional outlets in cab, on-demad back-up camera, TRD exhaust, and other things I haven't thought of yet.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent. I'm in a serious mod withdrawal. I just bought my truck about 3 weeks ago. and usually don't wait that long till, I can start modding, but this time around a little strapped for cash with the taxes and all this year. dammit.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good. the calipers are awesome. i did three coats on mine with the duplicolor kit over a year and a half ago, and they still look like the day i did them.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin solid. We will have to get together this summer and have a SE MN mod day. What are your impressions of the CAI thus far?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
Lookin solid. We will have to get together this summer and have a SE MN mod day. What are your impressions of the CAI thus far?
Thanks.

I like the CAI. Haven't experienced (nor did I expect) some massive performance gain; but it's there. But when you get on the throttle, you definately know it's there! Wicked loud. But don't hear it at all under normal cruising conditions.

I went out cruising around yesterday afternoon right during the heart of the "blizzard", didnt' get too crazy or anything but when I got back I took the cover off of the filter box thing and there was no water or snow or anything in there.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Mod #4: Lamin-X Yellow Fogs

Not all that unusual but I love the look.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Mod #5: Anytime Back-up Camera

This was kind of a pain in the arse (for me anyway). So just a few pics; and then I'm going to finish my Bud Light.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
CAI sounds good on the outside bud! Nice lookin truck as well! Good running into you today.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
Wax nostalgic.

Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
CAI sounds good on the outside bud! Nice lookin truck as well! Good running into you today.
Haven't been on the site for a while so this post is a little late but, I'm glad you could hear it! I obviously hear it on the inside but have wondered if others could hear it too.

I've been pulling down just over 18 mpg with it doing 70-75 on the highway.

Pulled off the cover the other day - after all the rain we had lately - and there's no evidence whatsoever that water ever found it's way in there.

See you around!