Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Yotanator's Build

Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Yotanator's Build

Now that my wheels are painted I figured I would start a build page.

I don't have any bone stock shots of my truck. I bought it at Stockton Toyota (CA) for around 24K I think in January of 2007. The truck had sat on the lot for over a year so they were willing to discount it and it came with a few accessories like a bed mat, door sill protectors, first aid kit, wheel locks, and I can't remember what else. The salesman said it had sat on the lot for so long because no one wanted a stick which was exactly what I was looking for: a 4x4 stick

It sat stock for a few months before it got way bigger shoes: 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTXs

First thing I did was black out the emblems, including a TRD emblem

Next was the 3 inch leveling kit (mods on a budget )

Then I decided to color match the grill and add a red Toyota logo

Shortly after that I added a TRD exhaust and then four days later a Flowmaster muffler cause the truck just wasn't loud enough with just the TRD exhaust. (I don't currently have a picture of this)

After the exhaust I seemed to be on a lighting streak so I added some black Halo projectors courtesy of Ebay

I decided I needed a rooftop light bar and a bull bar

Then because I got pummeled with rock chips and wanted to make life a little easier I painted the grill black (no more taping off to repaint)

FJ Cruiser TRD shift knob

Inclinometer from Cabela's

Side mirror decal "Objects in Mirror are Losing" sorry it's hard to see

Had been wanting black rims with red for a long time and with a lack of funds I decided to paint my stock rims, also added 1 1/2" spacers

As he sits today (as a girl I can't call my truck a she haha)

Truck and its owner

A couple close up shots of the light bar

Love stormy days

New KC Lights put on at Mod Day Feb 20th

The Retro grill!!!! Made by yours truly

Thread on how I made the grill: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tro-grill.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzVOnDck2s

I decided that color matching the grill would look better

Then I bought some chrome taillight bezels and painted them black

Never saw anyone else on here do this, but since I am all for a unique truck I went ahead and painted my cup holder piece red and added a black Toyota logo.

I know some people think it's ricey, but I like the look of the red calipers with the other red accents on the truck

Got a pair of Sock Monkey decals:

New bumper!!!!! from Unleashed Motorsports

The Little Yeti decal was also made by Sock Monkey

Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. Not a fan of the headlights myself, but to each one's own!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
roof light bar is pretty cool
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
I love the mirror sticker "Objects in mirror are losing". Where'd ya get that?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGato View Post
I love the mirror sticker "Objects in mirror are losing". Where'd ya get that?
Ebay. There's a guy on there that makes them
Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
looks good girl. not feeling the hood scoop thou. if you like it that is all that matters
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
Zizo will become famous soon enough
Name: Anthony
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
where did you get that roof light bar? it looks awesome. I wanna buy one!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizo View Post
where did you get that roof light bar? it looks awesome. I wanna buy one!!!
It came from Ebay from some dude in Thailand. I guess it's an option on a car of some sort there.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
you have any closer up photos of it?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
Not your average girl

Quote:
you have any closer up photos of it?
I was gonna go out today and take some pictures of the truck in a more interesting location than the driveway, so I'll take a close up shot of the light bar then.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
Zizo's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. thanks. Do you know if you can change the bulbs or if they are sealed up tight? I kind of want to put HID's but have no idea where I could put the ballasts. Did it come with a wiring harness kit or anything?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, just a little tip on your head lights. A buddy locally had them and they three little lights that run vertical fell out in a ruff road. I suggest that you get a little silicon from Home depot and seal them up. It will keep them from popping out and keep everything nice and dry.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Looks nice, just a little tip on your head lights. A buddy locally had them and they three little lights that run vertical fell out in a ruff road. I suggest that you get a little silicon from Home depot and seal them up. It will keep them from popping out and keep everything nice and dry.
Ouch! A buddy of mine bought a pair for his truck and when they came the headlight housing rattled cause something had popped loose. So far no problems with mine *knock on wood* but thanks for the tip!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
Not your average girl

Quote:
awesome. thanks. Do you know if you can change the bulbs or if they are sealed up tight? I kind of want to put HID's but have no idea where I could put the ballasts. Did it come with a wiring harness kit or anything?
I haven't noticed if the bulbs are easy to change or not and no the seller I got them from did not supply a wiring kit.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
nice work katie! your truck looks great
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #16
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
i like the decal on the side. whered you get it from?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
i like the decal on the side. whered you get it from?
Pep Boys....looks like we're going off the same master plan with our trucks
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
the top light bar looks a little to jeep liberty for me but what ever floats ur boat really nice truck A++++
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Great lookin Truck there Katie. The lights are different but I like them. Have you run them up there in the fog much and what do you think, say compared to HIDs. I see your from Reno, I grew up in Susanville, I get up there once in awhile and go offroading out in the Black Rock desert, and near Pyramid lake.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #20
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
Great lookin Truck there Katie. The lights are different but I like them. Have you run them up there in the fog much and what do you think, say compared to HIDs. I see your from Reno, I grew up in Susanville, I get up there once in awhile and go offroading out in the Black Rock desert, and near Pyramid lake.
The roof lights aren't currently wired, but the headlights have done pretty well. I really like them. I've only had one problem when I'm not sure what kind of lights would have saved me. I had to hug the snow on the side of the road cause it was so thick