Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Trunkmonkeys' build

Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Trunkmonkey has a spectacular aura aboutTrunkmonkey has a spectacular aura about

Trunkmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Trunkmonkeys' build

Figured I should make one since my truck has had alot of mods lately.

Its a 2005 Prerunner 'Off road' I have had it since september '09.

Well when I had it stock for a about a month or so. Then I got on here and started wanting to 'make it mine'.

The first mod I did was getting my front windows tined (20%) to match the rear. After that I ghosted my emblems, I was going to only put Tacoma back on the tail gate but there was a out line of all of them on the paint. So I had to put them all back on.

I got tiered of the stock rim color so I hit them with some paint.

Then I added some tube steps and rain shields on my windows.

Then I got a Aries bull bar and put it on there, also got some KC driving lights.

Then the most recent is my soc decals.... They turned out great, thanks man!

(2/12/10):

(2/22/10):

(4/21/10):

2.5, Pro comp AAL in the rear. No alignment issues, drives great.

Questions or comments welcome.
Thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Get 'em up. We want to see it.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

NICE!!! I like the new decals too.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Trunkmonkey has a spectacular aura aboutTrunkmonkey has a spectacular aura about

Well I bought my ATX rims, they should be here tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #6

Updated as of 2/22/10.

Now I dont know if anyone else has had this issue:

I noticed it when I first debadged it to ghost them out, Well The prerunner got nocked halfway off so I peeled the rest off and I got reminded of this.

I want to just leave TACOMA on the back(move it to the far right actually) Well all the letters are like that and they left a indention. Almost like someone clear coated the whole tail gate. So For not I am going to glue it back on but, I dont want to. I think my only choice would be to get my tail gate repainted.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome nice truck
Old 02-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey View Post
Updated as of 2/22/10.

Now I dont know if anyone else has had this issue:

I noticed it when I first debadged it to ghost them out, Well The prerunner got nocked halfway off so I peeled the rest off and I got reminded of this.

I want to just leave TACOMA on the back(move it to the far right actually) Well all the letters are like that and they left a indention. Almost like someone clear coated the whole tail gate. So For not I am going to glue it back on but, I dont want to. I think my only choice would be to get my tail gate repainted.
i had the same issue when i took mine off...some goo-gone and a lot of elbow grease got mine off. i soaked a rag in goo-gone, held it to where the badge used to be for about 5 minutes to soak in, and then rubbed it untill it was gone
Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
3M adhesive and wax remover will take that right off.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yea just rub the prerunner away, it takes a lot of force but it goes away
Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #11

Ok good, I am soaking a rag right now.

Tomorrow I am going to get some of that 3m stuff.

Thanks for the complements guys! I think I am going to keep the ATX wheels to.

EDIT:
I hope to be getting some 265/75/16s soon, Probably going to be some BFG all terrains. Then after new tires, I will lift it 3 inches(or some where around there).

List stands at:
-BHLM
-265/75/16's
-Bed cover
-Roof rack
-Lift
-New head unit
-Other small mods
Old 02-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #12

Well update on the tailgate...

There is a clear coat over the whole thing, I am dropping it off at maaco's tomorrow to get it repainted (100 bucks and it needs it to).

So on the way home I got to thinking about my front grille and maby getting it painted silver to. That way there will be no chrome left on my truck besides the bumper and its days are numbered to.
What do yall think?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey View Post
Well update on the tailgate...

There is a clear coat over the whole thing, I am dropping it off at maaco's tomorrow to get it repainted (100 bucks and it needs it to).

So on the way home I got to thinking about my front grille and maby getting it painted silver to. That way there will be no chrome left on my truck besides the bumper and its days are numbered to.
What do yall think?
i'm all for color matched. go for it. seems like maaco isn't too bad on the price side of things either
Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #14

He seemed like a great guy, showed up just as they were closing and we ended up talking for about 15 mins after closing.

He said 100 is there base charge and since the tailgate isnt to big, it wont be any extra. I might see how long it would take on the grille, cause I need my truck and cant go more than a afternoon with out it.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #15

Well April 6 I did the E tape mod:

Well after getting my truck back from the shop. (~5500 in damage) It currently looks like this:

(Color matched grille)

I have a grille craft sitting here waiting to be installed and also some BLHM'ed lights I need to swop out. I am also going to paint the middle part of my bumper black at some point.

It is currently at the shop getting the 5100's(2.5) put on and my AAL. Pictures later today. Also new tires are going to be put on in a few weeks. BFG ATs 285/75/16.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #16

2.5, Pro comp AAL in the rear. No alignment issues, drives great.