Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Barlowrs 06 Taco Expo Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #261
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomated View Post
Just recently joined this forum. When I first saw the pictures of your rig in the Expedition thread, I thought, "That's the right way to build an expedition version of a Tacoma".

Then I went to your build thread and discovered the obvious aspects of the build were the least impressive.

Excellent engineering and craftsmanship. Just amazing work. Congratulations.

Looking forward to seeing the build out of the interior of your Flippac.
^^^^^^^^^^ x a million. simply amazing.... definitely made me want to take the extra time and keep all my future mods clean. thanks for the inspiration. I am also in the orange county area. I'm surprised I haven't seen your rig on the streets. Look forward to seeing it in person some day.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #263
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
You got my vote for TOTM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
My vote has to go to Barlows & his silver Taco with a flippac. I wish I had seen a flippac before I bought my shell.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #264
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #265
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Any interior info yet?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #266
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Any interior info yet?
man..yeah, I have actually gotten a LOT of thigns done since my last update, I just havent found time to update this thread. I will though, this week...i will make sure i update it.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #267
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #268
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
man..yeah, I have actually gotten a LOT of thigns done since my last update, I just havent found time to update this thread. I will though, this week...i will make sure i update it.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #269

I will update this thread this week, but in the meantime, here is a pic i took last weekend.

BRING ON THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #270

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Real sweet picture
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #272
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool truck!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #273
MartyDoc is on a distinguished road
MartyDoc's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up AWESOME

I've fallen in love with your build! One of the most bad ass Taco's I've seen so far. I can't wait to have time to check out the rest of your pictures and posts. Well Done!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #274
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
I guess your build is alright... might need a 50 or two to make it really awesome.

No I'm kidding your truck looks boss.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #275
I wheel alone...not by choice
Pake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Pake
Pake13's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Hello Mr BarLowRS, you have a great truck, in my opinion the best one ever. I wanted to ask about your lift. Are you still running with a stock uca, and what height has your lift settled to. I have been looking at a kit with the same front suspension as yours and I don't want to put money into a $450 uca if I don't have to. I think you said you started with 3-3.5 inches of lift and then it settled after a few months.
Thanks for the thread, it's given me so many plans. My wallet is getting a beating.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pake13 View Post
Hello Mr BarLowRS, you have a great truck, in my opinion the best one ever. I wanted to ask about your lift. Are you still running with a stock uca, and what height has your lift settled to. I have been looking at a kit with the same front suspension as yours and I don't want to put money into a $450 uca if I don't have to. I think you said you started with 3-3.5 inches of lift and then it settled after a few months.
Thanks for the thread, it's given me so many plans. My wallet is getting a beating.
Hey, thanks for the kind words. I just recently swapped the OME for a set of Icons, but not becuase the OME had any issues, but becuae a friend practically gave me the Icons. the OME was a GREAT susp setup and I still suggest it to ANYONE. I was running 255/85 with mine which are a skinny tire. With this setup I did NOT need new UCA. I am still running stock UCA to this day and have no issues. The only rubbung was some slight rubbing on the mud flaps (I trimmed my original flaps before going to the previous generation mud flap).

The orifinal lift right after install was high (higher than i wanted) around 3-3.5", but it did eventually settle to a nice comfy 2.75"ish. Also remember, I am currently pushing 6,150 lbs, so my truck is a HEAVY beast, and they held up just fine to that.

Hope that helps
Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #277
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
Hey, thanks for the kind words. I just recently swapped the OME for a set of Icons, but not becuase the OME had any issues, but becuae a friend practically gave me the Icons. the OME was a GREAT susp setup and I still suggest it to ANYONE. I was running 255/85 with mine which are a skinny tire. With this setup I did NOT need new UCA. I am still running stock UCA to this day and have no issues. The only rubbung was some slight rubbing on the mud flaps (I trimmed my original flaps before going to the previous generation mud flap).

The orifinal lift right after install was high (higher than i wanted) around 3-3.5", but it did eventually settle to a nice comfy 2.75"ish. Also remember, I am currently pushing 6,150 lbs, so my truck is a HEAVY beast, and they held up just fine to that.

Hope that helps
Pictures of new setup? Which Icons did you get?

Matt
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Pictures of new setup? Which Icons did you get?

Matt
Regular coilovers front and 2.0 resis for rear. I will post pics one of these days, I am SO far behind on this thread its sad
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #279
I wheel alone...not by choice
Pake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to beholdPake13 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Pake
Pake13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply. I have another question, about your tires. I live in southeast Texas, so I come into contact with a lot of mud. I was just wondering how the KM2s do in mud or soft, deep sand. I don't intend on going through deep mud holes of any sort, I just don't want to get stuck on a muddy road after it rain. Also, you have had those tires for some time now so i was wondering if there has been much wear on them? My Tacoma is a daily driver with 6+ miles round way. I know not much, but it adds up.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #280
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering if you have re-geared this truck yet?. I'm wanting to go with the 255/85r16 eventually, but can't afford to re-gear any time soon. I know several members are running stock gears with that size, and do fine. But you have a heavy rig, and mine will also be a tank eventually.

Products Discussed in this Thread