Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Tibbs' Build

Old 02-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Tibbs will become famous soon enoughTibbs will become famous soon enough
Name: Eric
Tibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Tibbs' Build

I just bought this truck two days ago and haven't done anything to it yet, but hopefully I'll get a little done to it depending on what my fiancee says the budget will allow since we have to move soon and all. The guy before me put a 3" Trailmaster lift on it with Trailmaster SSV shocks in the rear and the 285/70r17 Bridgestone Dueller AT Revos. I'll post more pictures once I wash all the snow and salt residue off. The first bit I'll do will probably come from the "Cheap/Free Mods" thread, but I'm happy either way compared to what I drove before this

I'd like to paint the wheels black and black out the headlights. If anyone is savvy with photoshop, could you make the wheels black so I could see what it would look like?

Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I would deffinatly paint the wheels and do the BHLM, it would look sick and is a cheap mod.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Tibbs will become famous soon enoughTibbs will become famous soon enough
Name: Eric
Tibbs's Tacoma Gallery
I would prefer to have the wheels powdercoated, which from what I'm told will run about $300 and with a wedding sometime in the future (we haven't set a date yet because she graduates in March and we're gonna wait til she has a job) and us moving in together and all, we're saving every bit we can. Heck to get this I had to sell 2 of my bass guitars, my big ass bass amp, my old truck, my four wheeler and now that I have this I'm gonna sell my 95 Mazda Protege (45 mpg and not a hybrid haha). How hard is it to do the BHLM? I'm kinda nervous about taking the headlight apart
Old 02-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, it sucks when you have to make sacrafices, but a happy wife is a happy life . But you can always just rattle can them until you get the cash to powdercoat. Just food for thought. The BHLM mod from what I read isnt too hard. Just sounds intimidating. I have all the stuff I have just been procrastinating on it. There are a few nice DIY threads on here that walk you through. It seems pretty easy