Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

White Stallion Suspenion Help

Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Go Big Or Go Home!
PrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura aboutPrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura about

PrerunnerChris's Tacoma Gallery
White Stallion Suspenion Help

I have a 2006 acc cab v6 prerunner with no trd or tsb on the back.i have talked and read from many people different things about the suspention that i want to run. So i thought maybe you guys could help me out i just got my 5100 billies the other day thanks to Downsouth Motorsports and now am about to order everything i need from toytec which includes my eibach springs and 1/4th inch spacer for the tacoma lean but i have also heard that i need to relocate the sway bars it this true? My last question is if i decided to set my billies to .85 then put the spring on which ill give me about a 2.5 inch of a lift would i need to get new UCAs? The reason why i ask this is because some people say tha they have set the billies to 2.5 and were able to get the alignment back to spec but i find that hard to believe. So if u guys think i need new UCAs then im not going to set them at .85 cause i dont have the funds for new UCAs right now. I would really appricate the help - Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
At 2.5" I wouldnt bother with UCAs. I ran 3" without them and got a set since it was never quite within factory spec but I really cant notice much difference between having them and not having them on.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Go Big Or Go Home!
PrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura aboutPrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura about

Thanks bro and do u know anything about the sway away bar ? if i need to relocate them or not ?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Relocation of the sway bar is very easy.... remove 4 bolts, install spacer/relocation plate (4 bolts), install sway bar bracket (4 bolts).... very easy and will keep sway bar from hitting your new shocks.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Go Big Or Go Home!

k thanks sounds easy to me and just a question but what do u think about me geting the new UCAs do u think them if i get about a 2.5 lift ?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStallion View Post
k thanks sounds easy to me and just a question but what do u think about me geting the new UCAs do u think them if i get about a 2.5 lift ?
See what happens. My opinon... If you can get the setup to run straight with no bumpsteer, wear etc - If you can afford them right now. Take that money and buy 5 shares of TM (Toyota Motor). Then wait for as long as you can. Prefreably after the TM has gone up in value $10 per share.

Just my opinion... Kinda like asking a carpenter what you should build your home out of...

Good luck and post some pics!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
Go Big Or Go Home!

haha aight thanks bro and yeah ill forsure post pics when im done
Old 02-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Go Big Or Go Home!

i got one more question would i be able to put on the eibach springs myself if i had a spring compressor?