Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Blackwatertaco's build and black out...Painted Gulf states wheels.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Blackwatertaco's build and black out...Painted Gulf states wheels.

Well I finally did it...I got off my ass and painted my Gulf States wheels. Got my new Destiny Dakota M/T 265/75/16. Painted my Headlights (I got a few scratches putting it back together. And Painted my Toyota emblem.
Next up is to paint my badges and my back bumper.

Enjoy...

Now here is a "stock" photo....

Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
nice job, big improvement!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Took me about 12hrs. to sand, Primer, Paint my wheels...Lots of waiting time. I used 180 grit sand paper
3 coats of primer on each rim
4 coats of Krylon black paint...30min dry time inbetween

I didn't paint the lugs cuz I like the contrast.

Now I hope it hold...I drove though some rain on the way up to Ft. Worth Yesterday evening and the wheels still look awesome.

I did my BHLM lastnight with my uncle...It was a pain in the ass...Grrrr. And I got a couple scratches on the bezel...But it looks fine.

THe new tires are nice...But they float all over the road. Nice Hummm to it doing about 70mph.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #5

has anybody painted their back chrome bumper??
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
has anybody painted their back chrome bumper??
look for the thread "i hate chrome II"

here's the link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ii-bumper.html
Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
itsjustaliftedXR is on a distinguished road
itsjustaliftedXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

THe new tires are nice...But they float all over the road. Nice Hummm to it doing about 70mph.
when i first switched to AT's from the stock tires, i had this happen too. it was because the shop didnt air them up enough. they were at 29psi and i thought i was going to lose control on the highway at 65mph. i now have them up between 38-39psi and they are great. i notice that once the tire pressure drops below 35, the tires like to follow the grooves in our crappy california highways a lot more. just something for you to consider..

nice job on the rims, looks good.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaliftedXR View Post
when i first switched to AT's from the stock tires, i had this happen too. it was because the shop didnt air them up enough. they were at 29psi and i thought i was going to lose control on the highway at 65mph. i now have them up between 38-39psi and they are great. i notice that once the tire pressure drops below 35, the tires like to follow the grooves in our crappy california highways a lot more. just something for you to consider..

nice job on the rims, looks good.
Thanks man...I'll air em up.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
Hunter423
Hunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant future

Name: hunter
Hunter423's Tacoma Gallery
hey blackwater do you no how you would go about painting the silver trim thing about the grill
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter423 View Post
hey blackwater do you no how you would go about painting the silver trim thing about the grill
Well I think im gonna sand it with like 320grit sand paper.
Primer
Krylon fusion flat black. I think it'll look good.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
what did the tires cost you a piece??
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #12

$140 a piece at Pep boys...So far I love them.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
$140 a piece at Pep boys...So far I love them.
Nice what was the total with install and blaance?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! you need to post pics of your sub and amp too.
Also to fix the fogging you need to take the headlights apart again. Clean them and silicone the hell out of them. I used a whole tube of silicon caulking on mine and they haven't fogged yet(knock on wood).
Put em' in the oven at 200degrees(for the love of God, turn the oven OFF before you put them in there lol) for 10mins and they'll be good to go either taking them apart or putting them back together.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! Your wheels look great! Good Job!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Nice what was the total with install and blaance?
I forgot allready...I believe it was $720 for everything. And a mail in rebate for $140 (one free tire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Nice! you need to post pics of your sub and amp too.
Also to fix the fogging you need to take the headlights apart again. Clean them and silicone the hell out of them. I used a whole tube of silicon caulking on mine and they haven't fogged yet(knock on wood).
Put em' in the oven at 200degrees(for the love of God, turn the oven OFF before you put them in there lol) for 10mins and they'll be good to go either taking them apart or putting them back together.
I'll post up some pics of my sub when I get the install clean looking...LOL
And I used a whole tube of scilicone for each light...Still didn't work...So I bought some off Ebay...The lights will grow on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
WOW! Your wheels look great! Good Job!
Thanks a bunch man...
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
looking good Jay!
Thank you thank you.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
how has the 4-cyl done with the larger tires? any noticeable difference in power or anything. i'm getting ready to get some new tires for my 4-cyl and that's the size i'm looking at.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #20

Yes it's a noticable differance...Really from 1-2 gear. I still got like 22.3MPG doing 75 going up to Ft. Worth lastweekend.