Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gusher's Build

Old 07-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #42
addicted...
1one1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keone
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
if you get a chance could you post pics of the trimming you had to do? I'd like to see what im getting myself into before i get some 285s. Thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #44
Warden is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician
Name: Justin
Warden's Tacoma Gallery
Info needed!

Good lookin truck man. Im buying some tires soon. Do you like those duratracs. How is the noise level and wear on hwy. I dont get off road much, but I really like the look of this tire. Just trying to research it before i buy.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #45
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden View Post
Good lookin truck man. Im buying some tires soon. Do you like those duratracs. How is the noise level and wear on hwy. I dont get off road much, but I really like the look of this tire. Just trying to research it before i buy.

Thanks
Thanks man! I LOVE the Duratracs. They are surprisingly quiet on the road and are holding up quite well so far. I only have 8,500 miles on them so far with one rotation but so far so good. I also did a lot of research and am very happy with my decision.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #46
I measure response time in feet per second
cowboygymnast is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Daren
cowboygymnast's Tacoma Gallery
You're truck is by far one of my favs that I've seen on this site so far. I'm looking for an 08 TRD Sport in Indigo ink just like yours. You've inspired me brother!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #47
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboygymnast View Post
You're truck is by far one of my favs that I've seen on this site so far. I'm looking for an 08 TRD Sport in Indigo ink just like yours. You've inspired me brother!
Wow..thanks a lot man! I remember looking at my completely stock truck sitting in my driveway trying to figure out what to do with it to make it look different than the seven other Indigo Ink Tacomas I passed on my way home from the dealer. It is far from done but I'm happy with where it sits now. It is 100% perfectly functional for me. Thank you again -- I appreciate it!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #48
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking truck man! Perfect look, I'd say. You have inspired me to go with the Duratrac 285's for my build. Badass looking tire, and I have heard so many rave reviews about them.

And man, I am getting serious indigo Taco envy lately. My silver bullet just doesn't look as sharp as the indigo.

Pretty cool to see a 2nd gen with a plow ... haven't seen that before. Any snow flying up there in N'ampsha yet?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #49
SUPERCHARGED!!!

Air Force:
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Very nice looking truck man! Perfect look, I'd say. You have inspired me to go with the Duratrac 285's for my build. Badass looking tire, and I have heard so many rave reviews about them.

And man, I am getting serious indigo Taco envy lately. My silver bullet just doesn't look as sharp as the indigo.

Pretty cool to see a 2nd gen with a plow ... haven't seen that before. Any snow flying up there in N'ampsha yet?
Thanks man! No snow yet but it's getting to be about that time. Will be putting my plow frame back under in the next few weeks. There goes my clearance!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #50
Rushbrook is on a distinguished road
Rushbrook's Tacoma Gallery
I love every inch of that truck. i hope you don't plan on driving it through Kentucky because I'll have one just like it. I even want the plow! LOL But I have no use for it. Well..my hill does need plowed a couple times a year. I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate it!

Once again..sweet a$$ truck!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #51
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Very tough looking.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #52
SUPERCHARGED!!!

Air Force:
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushbrook View Post
I love every inch of that truck. i hope you don't plan on driving it through Kentucky because I'll have one just like it. I even want the plow! LOL But I have no use for it. Well..my hill does need plowed a couple times a year. I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate it!

Once again..sweet a$$ truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Very tough looking.
Thanks guys...appreciate the feedback very much. Should be updating my build soon with TRD Supercharger along with TRD intake and exhaust! My only complaint is the reduction in power I saw when I put the big 'ole Duratracs on. These goodies will make it ALL GOOD!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #53
jjames69 is on a distinguished road
jjames69's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! The stock rims look great. Great looking all around!

How well have the rims held up with the way you painted them?

I was also wondering if you could provide some pics of the trimming you had to do for the 285's.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #55
Rushbrook is on a distinguished road
Rushbrook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Thanks guys...appreciate the feedback very much. Should be updating my build soon with TRD Supercharger along with TRD intake and exhaust! My only complaint is the reduction in power I saw when I put the big 'ole Duratracs on. These goodies will make it ALL GOOD!
How much was the power affected? This concerns me.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #56
jjames69 is on a distinguished road
jjames69's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same concern as Rushbrook. Any reviews or thoughts on the DURATRAC 265/70R17
Old 01-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #57
SUPERCHARGED!!!

Air Force:
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushbrook View Post
How much was the power affected? This concerns me.
I think if you ask anyone who upgraded to bigger tires they'll tell you they felt a reduction in power. That's why the guys (and gals!) that go with 35's almost always end up regearing to make up for that lack of power. I think I lost about 2 mpg and noticed that my truck was working harder to get one down the road. I fell it mostly when I'm towing. Not a 20-30% drop or anything like that but I did feel it.

But, the blower along with the intake and exhaust have made that all go away... Now I have about a 30% drop in MPG because I can't stop making the S/C whine!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Now I have about a 30% drop in MPG because I can't stop making the S/C whine!
This post is worthless without audio!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #59
SUPERCHARGED!!!

Air Force:
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Adding to the mod list...hope to have pictures after the snow stops...hope that's not in March!

Mods in the order that I can remember them:

Grillcraft grill
AXXESS aux in with iPod interface
Audiovox Xpress XM radio
Custom devil horns Toyota logo
K&N Cold Air Intake
Black headlight mod
Fog lights on anytime mod
Maglight mount
Weathertech floor liners
Debadged
Trex color-matched eyelids
Access tonneau cover
Sno-way 7'4" snow plow
Auxiliary backup lights
Rear spring TSB
Removed front mud flaps
2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift
1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers
285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Satin black painted TRD Sport wheels
Black satin tube steps
Custom HomeLink install
CompuStar remote starter
Motorola MOTOROKR in-car Bluetooth speakerphone
Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts

New since 1/1/11

TRD Supercharger
TRD Cold Air Intake
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit
Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM receiver
Axxess ASWC (to integrate my steering wheel controls)

On order but not in yet:
Go Rhino Nerf Steps
Clazzio Custom Leather Seat Covers
Front and rear seat heaters

Pictures coming soon!!!