Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2009 Regular Cab 4X4

Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Regular Cab 4X4

Hey, just a small build/update thread here.
Current "Mods"
Bilstein 5100 adjustables front and rear
OME 885 coils
rear AAL
shackle flip
diff breathers extended
lockright rear locker
UWS low profile toolbox
tint
V6 tacoma hitch
foglights
downey offroad front skid
CB
truck bed tent for camping/exploration
TRD sport wheels with BFG MT KM 255/75/17
stock steelies with BFG MT KM2 255/85/16

Planned "Mods"
ARB air locker front
front winch bumper
rear high clearance bumper
more skids
armor
crawlbox, possible regear to 4.88's

Truck was purchased October 5, 2008, the day before I left for training.

First snow of the season.

Stock on RTI ramp. combined average of 527.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
Front lifted on the KM's, amazing difference offroad.

I got a little cocky...

Random wheeling.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Wrecked it...12k in damage, stupid uninsured motorists.
plenty of damage not seen, frame was ok though. Brand new rear axle.

Couple videos

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=100_2035.flv

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...8091105-00.flv
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post

I got a little cocky...

A little cocky would appear to be a bit of an understatement. How'd you get out of that mess?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
A strap, another vehicle, and lots of wheelspin. I could have made it, were it not for a ledge at the end of the mudhole that I was hitting with my bumper.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
matt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nicematt86 is just really nice
Law Enforcement: Local LEO
Name: Matt
matt86's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good so far
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Update, new tires.
255/85/16 BFG KM2's, also I tore up the downey skid, will be getting a new one.

Here are some flex pics. Poor mans RTI ramp, scored approximately a 678- went to 25.5 inches lift, could probably go up another inch or two. 110 inch wheelbase.

The front will stuff a tad more, but not much. Pretty satisfactory performance for such an inexpensive setup. The rear flex is limited by shocks. I will be possibly getting some longer travel Bilstein 7100's with remote reservoir soon, along with extended brake lines and new leaves.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I love it! Nice work man!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man it looks great!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
No new pics, but info.
I installed some Bilstein 7100 10" travel with remote resi shocks
Installed an Armor-tech offroad rear skid

Ordering OME dakars this week
Hopefully installing my shackle flip as well( had it for almost a year)
U bolt flip at the same time
new rear brake lines as well

Contemplating:
4.88's and ARB air lockers front/rear in the very near future
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No new pics, but info.
I installed some Bilstein 7100 10" travel with remote resi shocks
Installed an Armor-tech offroad rear skid

Ordering OME dakars this week
Hopefully installing my shackle flip as well( had it for almost a year)
U bolt flip at the same time
new rear brake lines as well

Contemplating:
4.88's and ARB air lockers front/rear in the very near future
are you stock gearing on those 255/85s? contemplating these just dont wanna kill gas mileage and street driving. Did performance tak a big dive?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
are you stock gearing on those 255/85s? contemplating these just dont wanna kill gas mileage and street driving. Did performance tak a big dive?
Sorry for the long response time, I forgot I had this thread. My mileage isn't that much different. I lost about 1 mpg on the highway at 60, but about 3 or 4 around town.

New parts since last update:
Icon 2.5 coilovers installed
OME dakar springs
new cb mounted up
quickfist for a mag-light
pistol mount for my daily carry

On another note, I tried the 7100's but they were about 1 inch too long. I would bottom out before I hit the bumpstop. I may be getting a mini bedcage, so I can mount longer shocks.

Had some new body damage the 4th of july, laid the truck over in a washout and drove it out on its' side. A few minor dents and scratches, but nothing to worry about. That's why I like white.

Droop with the 7100's is good, just can't stuff them very well.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #13
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
how are the lockright street manners?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
Tckwarrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Tckwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update, new tires.
255/85/16 BFG KM2's, also I tore up the downey skid, will be getting a new one.

Here are some flex pics. Poor mans RTI ramp, scored approximately a 678- went to 25.5 inches lift, could probably go up another inch or two. 110 inch wheelbase.

The front will stuff a tad more, but not much. Pretty satisfactory performance for such an inexpensive setup. The rear flex is limited by shocks. I will be possibly getting some longer travel Bilstein 7100's with remote reservoir soon, along with extended brake lines and new leaves.

Good looking truck, I vote for removal of the mud flaps and addition of rock sliders
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
how are the lockright street manners?
aggressive to say the least. In the winter time, with the mud tires, I would venture to say downright dangerous. If you have the money, go with an ARB.

Oh, and sliders are getting ordered this week.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #17
I've got a few small updates.
1. Sliders are in garage, will weld on this week. 4xinnovations 68" DOM with kickout
2. All-Pro Hybrid front w/ 3 lights-in mail, hopefully here this week
3. Pinion bearing is toast, need to replace
4.I am winch shopping, thinking maybe warn m8000 with synthetic rope?

and finally, I got an armortech high clearance rear bumper. This is the original prototype. A friend(NWitaco) bought it off of his truck(literally) and I bought it off of him.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
update, got my all-pro hybrid bolted up with 3 procomp lights, gotta wire them up. Also, ordered ARB's and 4.88 gears, should be here soon.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
Small little video, I now have 4.88's and ARB air lockers. I need to cut some long legs to attatch the sliders. This side bank is steeper than it looks here, and is very wet from recent rains. Truck WOULD NOT climb with the diffs open.