1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Billas Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by billas333, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    This was my first brand new truck and I love it.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with Sports Package and Limited Slip Differential comes in handy when going snowboarding :) Bed extender, tube steps, wheel locks, spare tire lock, and road kit from dealer.

December 24th 2007 I drove her home for the first time. Had 11 miles on her when I drove off the lot. Updated 12-14-2010 38,250m miles however with the 285 tires installed more like 40K

[​IMG]

I began working on the interior first with an all new sound system.

[​IMG]

Scocshe Dash kit with pioneer 790BT bluetooth pictured here and ipod hooked up. Premier Amps and subs with Dynamat lining the rear wall and doors to limit any rattle! New Premier D series 6x9's and 6.5's in the doors. Ugraded infinity tweeters upfront.

Wet Okole Seat Covers!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had her a year and finally got my lift installed :) It is a Readylift 3" front spacer with differential drop and 1inch rear blocks. I did this myself with some help from my step dad. Never really worked on a vehicle before but it was a lot of fun and a pain in the ass at the same time. Lots of troubleshooting to deal with but I am glad I did it myself.

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New GrillCraft grille and Black Headlights (a bitch to install)

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

How sweet it is!!!!

Newest edition the Devil Horns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the ultimate upgrade 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers and Liquid Metal Gatlin Wheels in Matte Black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few more random pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After riding around on the spacer lift I realized that it was not for me and upgraded to Icon Coilovers and TC UCA's also put Billy 5100 in the rear

[​IMG]

Added Flowmaster dual Exhaust 50 series! Sounds good and can already tell and increase in HP when I hit the gas! Had some trouble when going over bumps and having the drivers side pipe getting caught on the leaf pack and falling off. I drilled a hole thought the hanger and used a washer then placed a nail through hole and bent it back making a cotter pin. No way its coming off now :)

[​IMG]

Bought a 20ton bottle jack from Kragen for $30 and it will go over 17inches. Stock jack would not work with 3 inch lift.

Got tired of the black wheels but loved the style of wheel so I went with it in chrome:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Some more pics of the truck waxed and looking sweet with smoked headlights and new decals. Fortunately and Unfortunately I had to have the bed repainted due to some vandalism and had the guy put some sockmonkey decals I had bought on after the paint was done. Well the shop screwed up the color due to some variant in the code and had to repaint it. I didnt like the sockmonkey decals in Grey however and got a new set in black which I absolutely love. Also the smoked head lights deal was not what we discussed at the shop either and had that reversed. Still had 1 inch rear block in these pics below, nose up a little.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Debadged the Tailgate this weekend. Took off the SR5, V6, and Toyota badges but left on the Tacoma badge. Going to relocate the toyota badge to the dash.

[​IMG]

HID headlamps installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FEEEEEED MEEEEE!!!!!

[​IMG]

Total Mods:

- Complete overhaul of sound system
    - Wet Okole Seat covers
    - Grill Craft grill
    - Black Headlights
    - Devil Horns emblem
    - Flowmaster 50 series duel exhaust
    - Icon Coilovers for 3inches of lift
    - Total Chaos UCA's which improved handling dramatically
    - Rear 5100 Bilsteins
    - Rear 3 inch block
    - Differential Drop
    - Sway Bar Relocate Kit
    - 285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    - Matt Black Liquid Metal Gatlins (previously)
    - Chrome Liquid metal Gatlins 17x9 with -10mm offset Now
    - Hoseclamp on tailgate and Washer
    - Chained+lock on bed extender
    - Window Decals
    - Removed plastic storage bins for added storage room!
    - New sockmonkey TRD Sport Decals
    - Debadged tailgate
    - HID headlights 6000k
    - Chrome License Plate Covers
    - More to come!

Some Off-Roading:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now. Hope you enjoyed my build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mar 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Very Nice!! God job man, it looks great!

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    updated :)

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB -Empty-

Member:
    Sick truck man!
    I went from spacers to icons also,
    ride difference is day and night!

5. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    i like the new rims

6. Apr 3, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Should I go with a light bar or just put lights behind the grill?

7. Apr 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    very nice

8. May 5, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    your headlights look completely black from the outside, like you put tint on them or a visor? whatd you do to get them that black?

9. May 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Yea a local paint shop did that when i was having work done there. They were not suppose to be that black so I had them take it off. They basically painted a tint on them.

10. Jun 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    juiced taco

juiced taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jordan
    socal
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma double cab sport debadged
    debadged, blacked out rear lights, 3 inch lift in front, 2 inch lift in back, bmf novakane 6 20x9, nitto terra grappler, sony xav-60 dvd reciever, jbl audio system, 10 inch image dynamics sub, rear view camera, tint
    wow great job. car looks great. i really like the duel exhaust...i need to get one for my baby!

11. Jun 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    yea I like the duel exhaust look, I just wished my tips were more of a chrome look but there are polished.

12. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    haha yea stupid ass iphone and touch screen button for the camera!

13. Aug 7, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Hold My Beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Virginia
    i would personally go with lights behind the grill.

14. Feb 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    Jmarsh

Jmarsh J Town Man

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jamul
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light Anytime Tint Billet Grill Cherry Bomb Exhaust Squeaky Leaf mod LED's inside ABS on/off switch Anytime backup camera Bilstein 5100s Spidertrax Spacers
    how much does blacking out your headlights effect your light quality?

15. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    I did not want that I Wanted slight tint / smoked and this guy messed it up, I had him take it off it really killed the headlights output

16. Sep 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    T1no33

T1no33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Spring Hill, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner V6 SR5
    - Partial Badge Removal & Dipped - Removed Mud Flaps - Blacked out Emblem - Blacked out Chrome Surrounding Grill - Salex Center Console Organizer - AntennaX 13" - Tinted Front Windshield - Derped Tacoma Emblems - Bridgestone 265/70/16 tires - Tuff AT Wheels - 3 and 1 spacer block lift (mistake big time) - Black Rear Bumper - Aries Bull Bar w/light rig
    Sweet build bro. What did you use to remove the badging? I want mine off and dont want to damage the finish.

17. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    the glen

the glen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    penisula
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road 6SP manual spruce mica Taco
    Icon 2.5 remote res. Coilovers front, icon 2.5 rem res shocks rear, deavers 10 pack leafspring rear. Light racing ouca. Cmc, avid light bar, bamf sliders weld on, grillcraft mx grill, bamf light bracket with lightforce 170's. Uws toolbox, oem bed mat, weathertechs f/r, hella airhorns, trd antenna, talegate mod, Clifford alarm, budbuilt full skid plate set. All pro rear bumper. Superbumps bumpstops. Bulldog lighting reverse led lights in bumper. Trd short throw shifter. Cobra cb, firestick 4' ant. Icon LCA skids. Bamf rear dif skid. Hi lift x-treme mounted with relentless rail mounts in bed. Full size method/bfg in bed. Crown performance ss/Kevlar brake lines. Power tank mounted in bed. Rigid d2s mounted on relentless hood mounts. H3R quick release fire extinguisher mounted to driver's seat. Redline hood struts.
    Nice looking truck bro especially the pics at carnegie. I'm also thinking of getting the icons. I was wondering what backspace are your wheels. Downsouth Motorsports website for the icons recommends a 285/75-16 with a 5bs. The wheels I'm interested in(pro comp 152) 16x8 max out at 4.75bs. Do ur wheels or tires rub the upper control arms?

18. Nov 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    natewills21

natewills21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Pittsburgh PA & Morgantown WV
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    3 inch Procomp Lift Bilstien 5100 Fox Shocks Hornblasters Train Horns Fuel Maverick 18x12 Toyo MT 33x12.50r18 Custom Retrofits Homertaco Custom Grill Full Polk Soundsystem with 2 Kicker Subwoofers Custom Camo Wrapped Interior with Coverking Seat Covers
    where did you get the headlight covers?

19. Jun 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM
    tacomarunner84

tacomarunner84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cody
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 toyota tacoma trd sport 4x4
    truck looks awesome man! i just got 2016 double cab and went to the offroad shop today. i either want to go with the three inch spacers or the coil overs.
    i feel like the suspension is so good stock that i dont need aftermarket coil overs, how have your spacers worked out? any issues?

Products Discussed in

To Top