Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

'10 Super White DC Long Bed TRD Sport Build

Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
mgage10's '10 Super White DC Long Bed TRD Sport Build (Lot's Of Pictures)

Truck:
2010 TRD Sport Package
Automatic Transmission
4.0L V6
4x4
Tow Package

Wheels:
18x9 XD Addicts

Tires:
285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Suspension:
Pro Comp ES9000 Gas Shocks in Front/Rear
Pro Comp Coils in Front
Pro Comp AAL (Add-A-Leaf) in Rear

Exterior:
Venture Shield (Clear Bra)
Powder Coated Black TRD Skid Plate with White Toyota Trucks Vinyl
Black Tacoma Door Badges
Powder Coated Short White Antenna
30% Window Tint (All Windows)
Debadged Tailgate
Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft with White Toyota FJ Emblem
Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft
Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles
Tinted Fog Light Covers
Black Fog Light Surround
Extra D-Rings In Bed (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)

Lights:
Cool White LED License Plate Lights (WLED-CW5)
Fog Lights On Anytime Mod (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)
Parking Lights As Turn Signals Mod (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)

Security:
Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

Performance:
AFE Pro-Dry S Intake

Audio:
None

Interior:
Hard-Wired Radar Detector
Cool White LED Dome Light (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)
Cool White LED Map Lights (WLED-CW6)
Grey Husky Liners
TRD Sport Pedals
Tacoma Door Sill Protectors
Disabled Seat Belt Chime

Rescue & Recovery
Hi-Lift Off-Road Kit
Smittybuilt 30 Foot Recovery Strap
Smittybuilt Hitch Receiver With Shackle

Future Modifications:
Pioneer GPS Navigation AVIC-Z110BT ($1,799.00)
MTX Audio 12" Thunder Thin Subwoofers ($249.95)
MTX Audio Mono Amplifier
Doug Thorley Headers ($515.00)
URD Stainless 3" Exhaust ($529.00)
APR X-1
Upper Control Arms
Heated Seats
Leather Arm Rest Mod
Head Light Projector Conversion
HID Fog Light Conversion Kit
LED Bed Lights
Bed Speakers
Truck Bedz Mattress
Truck Bed Tent
Avid Frame Sliders
Bed Light Bar
Black Headlight Mod
Black Lower Valence
Black Roof Vinyl

February 26, 2010:

Picking "The Mistress" from the dealer:

Installed Grey Husky Liners

Before:

After:

February 27, 2010:

Out at the Great Salt Lake:

March 1, 2010:

TRD Skid Plate Installed:

March 5, 2010:

Venture Shield Installed:
3" Pro Comp Lift Kit Installed:
18X9 XD Addicts Installed (Right wheels but wrong color. Got the correct ones ordered to swap out for these.):
Nitto Terra Grapplers Installed:

18X9 XD Addicts (The correct ones this time):

Installed TRD Sport Pedals

April 20, 2010

Installed LED Map Lights (WLED-CW6):

After:

Installed LED License Plate Lights: (WLED-CW5)

Before:

After:

Installed Valentine 1 with Hardwire Kit:

April 28, 2010:

Debadged Tailgate:

Painted Engine Cover:

DIY: Painting Engine Cover

Before:

After:

May 7, 2010:

TRD Badge Installed:

First Time Out Doing Some Mellow Wheelin':

June 4, 2010

Painted Tacoma Door Badges Black:

DIY: Badge Removal / Painting / Installation

Before:

After:

August 21, 2010

Installed D-Rings in Bed (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)

August 27, 2010

Installed Powder Coated Short White Antenna

Before:

After:

September 10, 2010

Tinted Windows (30%)

September 23, 2010

Installed Cool White LED Dome Light (Courtesy of WW_FIREFIGHTER)

Before:

After:

October 9, 2010

I noticed someone broke my factory grill. I was not thrilled to say the least, but it did give me an excuse to get a new one.

Installed Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft With White Toyota FJ Emblem

Before:

After:

October 15, 2010

Painted Fog Light Surround With Plasti Dip

Before:

After:

Installed Smoked Fog Light Covers

Before & After:

October 26, 2010

Powder Coated TRD Skid Plate And Applied Graphic

Before:

After:

November 20, 2010

Installed Powder Coated Rear Bumper (Backed into a tree with my old bumper over the summer)

Before:

During:

After:

November 28, 2010

Installed AFE Pro-Dry S Intake

Before:

After:

December 3, 2010

Purchased Rescue And Recovery Gear

December 4, 2010

Installed Color Matched Bumper Plugs

Before:

After:

As She Sits Today

Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
niceeee
Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck
Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
woah... what!
I think im a little confused? When you first posted today did you have all those pictures up?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
heres my build, take another look it looks a little different in other pics
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tms-build.html
its a t-rex billet i painted black
Old 03-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
haha i showed your sarcasm. i was mid post when you posted that.
haha ya i sat here scratching my head thinking "what son of a b**** goes out and buys a 2010 and then does wheels tires, and a toyotec lift on it in one day."
Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
all the pics look like the same day. thats what threw me
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
You know, I never believed it before I owned a white truck (other make) but the white is actually the best color for hiding dirt. I never would have thought it, but you'll see if you don't already know. None the less, BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!! Congrats!! and nice wheels & tires.
I appreciate it. I'm in love with this truck and the color. As far as dirt goes, I had a silver taco that hid dirt great. I live in a mountain climate so we get quite a bit of rain and snow. The white looks great even after a few storms.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #12

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
haha ya i sat here scratching my head thinking "what son of a b**** goes out and buys a 2010 and then does wheels tires, and a toyotec lift on it in one day."
haha these pics were over the course of a couple weeks. That would be pretty insane to do all that in one day.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
hey man. i have pretty much the same truck as you do. ive been asking around but no one has really said anything, im in between on what lift i want its either the lift you have of the 5100s from bilstein. how are you liking you 3in lift from procomp? i havent scene anyone else with it, my buddy has it on his fj and really likes it. how does it ride on the long bed taco? if you were to do it again would you get them again?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice... I have the same trk, but a short bed. I am looking at the same wheels. I was looking at the 17x9. What size tires are you running? Do you have any tire rub??
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #16

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
hey man. i have pretty much the same truck as you do. ive been asking around but no one has really said anything, im in between on what lift i want its either the lift you have of the 5100s from bilstein. how are you liking you 3in lift from procomp? i havent scene anyone else with it, my buddy has it on his fj and really likes it. how does it ride on the long bed taco? if you were to do it again would you get them again?

I love my lift. The ride quality is great. I drive a pretty windy stretch of freeway to work and I can take the corners at 90 without breaking a sweat. It is a great kit especially for the price. If I could do it again, I would buy the same kit in a heartbeat. IMO it is the perfect height. Just tall enough to fit bigger tires and wheels but still low enough that I do not need a running start to get into it and I can get my dirt bikes up the ramp with ease. I picked this kit up at 4 wheel parts just in case you were wondering. They installed it for me as well. Hope that helps you out.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #17

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vball6pac View Post
Very nice... I have the same trk, but a short bed. I am looking at the same wheels. I was looking at the 17x9. What size tires are you running? Do you have any tire rub??
Thanks man. I'm in love with it for sure. I'm running 18x9 or 18x10. As for tires, I am running 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (which I love as well. way better than bfg's IMO and I've had both.). There is a little tire rub when the wheel is cranked all the way to one side or the other. I looked and the trimming would be very minimal so I am not in the biggest rush to do it. I love the set up and would do it again if I did it over.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
stewmasta is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
stewmasta's Tacoma Gallery
I have those exact same rims as you on my '06 tacoma.. I ahve done a little bit more to mine but i just love the way those rims look..
Old 05-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great man!! Sweet color too!!! I'm from Wendover and head into Salt Lake quite often. Maybe I'll see you around!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #20

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmasta View Post
I have those exact same rims as you on my '06 tacoma.. I ahve done a little bit more to mine but i just love the way those rims look..
I love the way they look too. My build is definitely still in the process. I'm chippin away at what I want to do.