Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Flight's Build

Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #21
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Front 5100s are in and I am loving them! The swap wasn't nearly as scary as everyone makes it out to be.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #22
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thought I would add some new pics.

Shortened antenna:

New lights

I am eventually doing some type of modification to them to get rid of some of the chome- not sure what exactly though.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #23
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
New headlights and the grille go good together!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Addicted

Thanks man! Definately too much chrome in them right now, but I figure I'll figure out what I am going to do about it soon.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #25
Addicted

LED swaps in the cluster and guages. The LEDs in the radio are half as big as the ones in the clusters. Quite a shock, but not too bad in the end. Didn't mess anything up, and everything looks great!

Also figured out how to get my climate control pannel blue! Still kinda dim, hopefully I can find a way to make it more stock looking.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #27
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
Also figured out how to get my climate control pannel blue! Still kinda dim, hopefully I can find a way to make it more stock looking.

How did you do this? Ive been wanting to switch out my guage cluster for a while, but did not like that half would still be amber.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #28
Addicted

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=184748

There you go. Be warned that the LEDs are TINY! When you get your hands on the LEDs from ozinum you are going to scratch your head and say "Wow those are tiny how am I going to do this?" Then you are going to get around to the HU and realize that those are 1/3 the size!

As for the climate controls I am hoping to get back to those this week.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #29
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

Name: Thomas
night_angel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to night_angel
I love the Blue Led Control Panel... Nice MOD!!! beautiful Taco!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #30
Addicted

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #31
Addicted

Crummy pic, but I think I get to have the honor of being the first guy to have a close to OEM blue HVAC display. Last little quirk to figure out is the arrow on the dials, but I think I have that covered.

I have since swapped all the remaining LEDs to white, can't find the pics though...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
Addicted

Update:

Changed the remaining organge LEDs in the truck to white.

The Gen 1 projectors off a member here in were way too chrome:

So I BLHM'ed them for a toned-down meaner look.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #33
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I heard that it wasn't possible to take the LEDs out of the radio
Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
n00b
TacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud ofTacoRich has much to be proud of

Navy: Damage controlman 2nd class and builder 2nd class. FFG 46 and CBMU303 Det A
Name: Rich
TacoRich's Tacoma Gallery
very sexy truck. I like how clean and not all "riced" out it is. Very good build.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #35
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
First off, great looking truck! I saw that you upgraded the bulbs in your hellas. You have the 500FF right? I have the same. I really would like brighter ones, but have to deal with what I have.

Did changing the bulbs make a difference? Would you recommend trying? If so what?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
Addicted

First- thanks for the compliments!

Katie- Its completely possible BUT they are tiny and it really should only be done by someone who knows exactly what they are doing. Board soldering is tricky enough without working with 2mmx3mm LEDs. Literally they are so small that they fall apart as you remove them from the board. Search on Toyota Nation and it should pop right up.

Headhunter- They are indeed Hella 500s and I strongly reccomend going to a set of 100 watt bulbs, stock are 55w so the difference will be immediate and huge. I was about to pull the trigger for some DDM 55w pure white HIDs, but thought I would first just try a higher output bulb. That really did the trick for $7 on ebay.

I am currently running 130w PIAA bulbs that I got from another member. That said I blew the fuse to those lights last night after not using them for a while so I am not going to advise going that high until I simplify the circut and spend make sure I am running a safe load. My fighter-pilot lighting is piggy backed on there since originally a 15A fuse was overkill and I was too lazy to rig yet another circut from that battery.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:43 AM   #37
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
First- thanks for the compliments!

Headhunter- They are indeed Hella 500s and I strongly reccomend going to a set of 100 watt bulbs, stock are 55w so the difference will be immediate and huge. I was about to pull the trigger for some DDM 55w pure white HIDs, but thought I would first just try a higher output bulb. That really did the trick for $7 on ebay.

I am currently running 130w PIAA bulbs that I got from another member. That said I blew the fuse to those lights last night after not using them for a while so I am not going to advise going that high until I simplify the circut and spend make sure I am running a safe load. My fighter-pilot lighting is piggy backed on there since originally a 15A fuse was overkill and I was too lazy to rig yet another circut from that battery.
Thanks for the insights...Any idea what the bulb part number is? I think Ill jump to the 100w bulbs for sure.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #38
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a write up on the climate controls?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #39
Addicted

The bulbs are H3.

Dylan- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rols-blue.html
Old 10-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #40
Addicted

Bunch of stuff has happened in the last month: I replaced my roof rack bars and bought Yakima kayak stackers, got a new double din head unit with nav, BlueTooth and Ipod controls, and scored some OEM fog lights.

Pics:

Still have to change the clock color...