LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Khaos Build Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got an folding adapter for my CB antenna from Amazon. No longer are parking garages an annoyance.

Khaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358886659.173448.jpg
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #42
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Moved the CB, mounted it in an easier to view/reach spot with Velcro, and velcroed the mic under the A/C vent. Also got a black AmazonBasics Lightning cable for the iPhone, looks way better and works despite all the fears over third party cables. Also cleaned the interior pretty well.
Khaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359079494.625644.jpgKhaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359079505.819665.jpg
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #43

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My Magnaflow 18" Muffler arrived today. Had it welded on. It sounds great, exactly like what I was wanting. It's a bit louder on start up, but quiet on idle and sounds great when your accelerating. No drone. The raspyness on the video isn't at all evident in person, guess it's the iPhone I used to film it. Part #12256.

Khaos Build Thread-photo.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_YK1Wajj7g
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
dana is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Peace officer for Justice
Name: NorthernTaco
dana's Tacoma Gallery
Smile BF's with your lift?

Wondering if your going to stick with you 265/70/17 tires and stck rims with your lift kit you mentioned your putting in.
I was thinking of doing the same except new rims.
Wondering how it would look?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #46
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Cool build
Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #47

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
Wondering if your going to stick with you 265/70/17 tires and stck rims with your lift kit you mentioned your putting in.
I was thinking of doing the same except new rims.
Wondering how it would look?
I plan to keep my 265/75/16s when I lift. I have OME 885s that I will be installing with 5100 shocks and a 1.5" AAL. They still look good with that much lift. My next tires will be 33" or 35", but I will have a bumper and probably will regear for that.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #48

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got a Kobalt box for my bed. Nothing fancy, but it'll hold my tools and give me a little more space in the cab.

Khaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374203259.330250.jpg

I plan to derp it matte black.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #49
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Got a Kobalt box for my bed. Nothing fancy, but it'll hold my tools and give me a little more space in the cab.

Attachment 223901

I plan to derp it matte black.
I love mine. I keep all of my recovery gear in it. Straps, shovel, machete, hi lift, ect.... For a small box it holds more than expected. And I blacked mine out with roll on bed liner, hurculiner if I remember correctly.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #51
Danimal69361 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Danimal69361's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got a new set of 265/75/16 BFG A/Ts. Love the extra ground clearence and traction over the old Michelans. Truck looks lifted in this pic, it's all stock. Looks great.

These tires are not cheap, but they are freaking worth it.

Nice! I loved these tires on my Colorado. Was there any Fitment issues? Cannot afford (Translate: convince Wife i need) a lift yet. She drove around on our country roads for ONE day before telling me I need bigger tiers, though. So for now I want as big as possible. Once she sees the ass end SAG from our camping gear this weekend, I might get a lift anyways.
It has too many miles for the tsb, but the leafs are straight, if not bowing upward. A little show and tell might get me the lift.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #52

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Finally had some free time in the daylight to install my toolbox. That was easy. Used j hooks. The extra space is nice, gotta get used to having it in the bed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal69361 View Post
Nice! I loved these tires on my Colorado. Was there any Fitment issues? Cannot afford (Translate: convince Wife i need) a lift yet. She drove around on our country roads for ONE day before telling me I need bigger tiers, though. So for now I want as big as possible. Once she sees the ass end SAG from our camping gear this weekend, I might get a lift anyways.
It has too many miles for the tsb, but the leafs are straight, if not bowing upward. A little show and tell might get me the lift.
Thanks. This is my second set of these tires and I have had no rub at all on or off road. Not having mudflaps may help though.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #53

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Khaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375931406.013356.jpgKhaos Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375931414.490782.jpg

Basic hand tools, bungie cords, para cord, first aid kit, led light for toolbox, 30ft 20K strap.

I need to return my PSX Powerstation to costco and get another one. It no longer will charge. Not having my jump starter and air compressor sucks. Hopefully i have no need for either until this can be remedied.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #56
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks coming along nicely!

Doing better than me. We prerunners gotta standard to uphold

Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #57
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunners unite! haha I have a question, not really truck related but figured you might have some experience. Have you been to the state/national forest? I can't remember exactly where (Bristol, Blounstown, somewhere between us lol) IF you have been what is it like? Do I need aa permit to ride out there or what?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #58

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Khaos Build Thread

Appalachicola National Forest? No permit needed (at least for trucks, dunno about ATVs), all the trails are marked with what is allowed. Thats where I do a majority of my off roading. Shoot me a PM and we can try and get a group to go out there.

Most of the trails are sand and dirt, usually the difficult areas are obvious as they are flooded. Never been stuck in an area where my tires weren't atleast half way under water. Still hoping to find some more clay trails to flex on, not much of a mudder.

Prerunner power lol. Mines always impressed me with what it can do. Last time
TacomaNole and I went to ANF I successfully made it through some very flooded trails I did not think I'd get through. Tires and locker make all the difference!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #59
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Appalachicola National Forest? No permit needed (at least for trucks, dunno about ATVs), all the trails are marked with what is allowed. Thats where I do a majority of my off roading. Shoot me a PM and we can try and get a group to go out there.

Most of the trails are sand and dirt, usually the difficult areas are obvious as they are flooded. Never been stuck in an area where my tires weren't atleast half way under water. Still hoping to find some more clay trails to flex on, not much of a mudder.

Prerunner power lol. Mines always impressed me with what it can do. Last time
TacomaNole and I went to ANF I successfully made it through some very flooded trails I did not think I'd get through. Tires and locker make all the difference!
Ah okay! I had one of my friends mention that he went to the national forest to ride and stuff, and was wondering how it was. Might have to get a meet going within the next month or so!

Products Discussed in this Thread