Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Khaos Build Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Unkillable Monster Build

I got my '05 Taco on Dec. 27th, 2007. I bought it used with 27K miles.

Current Mods as of 04/14/14

265/75/16 BFG All Terrain
Magnaflow 18" Muffler (part #12256)
Ultra-Gauge
Costco Seat Covers
Cobra 19 CB - 4ft Fiberglass Antenna with folding mount
Taillight guards
Plastidipped Rear Bumper
Plastidipped Grill
Plastidipped Lower Valance
Plastidipped A/C Controls
Plastidipped Cup Holder
Plastidipped Bull Bar
Bullbar
JVC KD-X40 Head Unit
Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox
K&N Intake Filter
Red overhead LEDs
Locking Gas Cap
Receiver Shackle

Next:
OME 885s - Already Have
Bilstein 5100s
1.5" AAL
Hybrid Bumper - Undecided
Sliders - Undecided

Current Pics

Old 03-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Assistant to the Regional Manager
JManders is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
JManders's Tacoma Gallery
reppin TW... I like it
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start to the build page.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got an Axxess iPod adaptor for $30. It also came with this vent mount. I can't control the music on my itouch from my Itouch because of the type of cable, so I'm going to buy an AUX cable with the red and white connection and use the itouch with that so I have full control from the Itouch, I don't want stereo controls and I don't care about it charging the touch.

The control box is hidden by the plastic around the glove box, and I routed the wire beneath the center console and have the excess in there, and then it feeds out from that coin pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Khaos Build Thread-005.jpg  
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #7

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got some $5 at walmart blue LED lights the other night... Had a gift card I wanted to get rid of so I bought some cheap LED lights.

I have one mounted near where the stock alarm would go, and then the wires all hidden behind the dash, and the other near the bottom support for the glove box, and then the wires tucked up and the excess wire hidden beneath the cupholder. So no wires visible and you can't see the lights.

They give a good bit of light to illuminate the floor as well as whatevers on your lap. Worth the $5 IMO.

Can't get a better pic though, my camera hates the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Khaos Build Thread-040.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #8

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Rather than go and buy the different cable to regain control of my iTouch from the adapter, I had a different idea today.

I decided to jailbreak my iTouch, and then went and got an app for Jailbroken Itouch's to remove the "Accessory Connected" Splash screen. It worked perfectly. Saved me $15 and all I had to do was something I've been contemplating for a couple weeks now.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #10

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Time for an update. I'm now at exactly 69,500 for the mileage. I need a brake job. Recently had my windshield replaced due to a dumptruck on 10.

Installed a new CB set up last night and Today. It's a Cobra 19 CB with a 4ft fiberglass antenna.

I installed the CB beneath the rear cupholder. Since I wasn't fond of the idea of drilling my interior, I used some Velcro to velcro it on. The coax cable runs underneath the truck, into the grommet underneath the passenger seat, and up into the CB radio from where the carpet cut out is under the seat. The power is straight into the battery, through the firewall and under the carpet. No wires are really visible, and I didn't drill. Really happy with how it came out.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Its comin along man, i like the under the dash lights they are almost just like mine except blue! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #13

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Nice! Is that the same antennae you had before?
Negative. I originally planned to use that antenna and had reinstalled it, however the next day when I went to go finish installing the radio the antenna was gone. There's been some trouble with kids breaking into cars around here, so I'm guessing some little thugged ripped it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Its comin along man, i like the under the dash lights they are almost just like mine except blue! Keep up the good work.
Thanks! The under dash lights where just a spur of the moment thing but I love them.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! The under dash lights where just a spur of the moment thing but I love them.[/quote]

yea i really like mine especially when you drop something at ngiht! They help out alot.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
AustinA20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
AustinA20's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man I have tried my best to get me one of those tacoma world stickers dude if you find anybody with an extra or know where to get one I want one bad but dude the truck looks good man good luck with it
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinA20 View Post
Hey man I have tried my best to get me one of those tacoma world stickers dude if you find anybody with an extra or know where to get one I want one bad but dude the truck looks good man good luck with it
Try PMing TcBob. I'm still waiting for mine, but i've heard there is a long wait time for them.

Hey Khaos! Nice truck, Nice girl for steam cleaning your seats!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #17

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Update:

Plasti Dip is awesome. Did my badges. I did all the taping and spraying, then the girlfriend took a safety pin and did an outline around the badges. Plasti dip peeled off perfectly and it honestly looks factory. Looks a lot better than stock too.
Attached Thumbnails
Khaos Build Thread-3c700dea.jpg   Khaos Build Thread-e6cc233d.jpg  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man. i really like how it looks around the shifter.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #19

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Moar Plasti Dip

Got off work at noon, it was a beautiful day so I decided to Plasti Dip my grill. Did three coats. Came out pretty good, except for one area on the bottom corner I need to touch up, a a little chrome showing.

If I still like the look after a month I'm going to paint it with real paint. Plasti Dip is a like a trial run.

So far I've done my badges, cup holder, gear surround, a/c controls and 1 coat on the grill with just 1 can of plasti dip. Pretty good for $5.95
Attached Thumbnails
Khaos Build Thread-img00105.jpg   Khaos Build Thread-img00106.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #20

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Recently moved to Tallahassee. Rented a 6x9 enclosed from Uhaul, had every inch of it full, my entire cabin full, and bed, still managed 19MPG at 70MPH.

Also swapped out the BFG A/Ts that were worn down (managed 60K on them) for 265/70/16 Michelan LTX M/S that also have quite a bit of mileage on them, but more tread than the A/Ts. It's amazing how different my truck drives. Feels like a Caddilac and almost no road noise. Also helped the MPGs a lot, since like I stated above I managed 19mpg while towing a trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Khaos Build Thread-photo-5.jpg   Khaos Build Thread-photo-4.jpg   Khaos Build Thread-61875eac.jpg   Khaos Build Thread-photo-1.jpg