LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Overland Taco

Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #21
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post
Thanks, I'm going to lift 2.5 to 3"'s so I could run 33's but most likely I'll be running a 32" 9 or 10". What really effects the rubbing issue the most is the wheel offset, so I've been consulting with some other people that have built overland Tacomas for the scoop. Oh, I do have the stock wheels from my FJ and might apply them after a powder coat, I just have to see about the 17" rim. If anyone in AZ want's to see a great display of offorad/overland rigs and equipment, go to Amado next weekend as a visitor to the Overland Expo. I'll have my FJ there and would love to meet some TW members. Cris
Awesome! Well look at the OME 3" lift. It's the best bang for your buck lift.
I can't wait to see you develop this build...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #22
Toy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shaun
Toy_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed
Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #23
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacovendor's Tacoma Gallery
I've talked to the guys at Icon (I run it on my FJ) and I'm going to put the same coilovers and shocks, about 3"s of lift. I've worked the FJ on some pretty tough trails and have not 1 complaint. I'm looking at wheels and tires also, most likely will be BFG KM2 MT or Toyo Open Country MTs, have an exhaust sponsor and will post as soon as I recieve the system. Has anyone seen a snorkle for the 2010? Also a CAI that has a sealed air box? Considering sockmonkeys retro vinyl. If anyone has good threads or sites to look at let me know. Cris
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #24
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Nice FJ and are you an owner of Baja Rack? I'll be picking up a Megamule at some point.

If you want 33's and don't want to worry too much about rubbing, you could always get 255/85/16s (33x10). I believe you could run them on the stock wheels as well.

I like that cap. I'm saving for one (slowly) and plan to install a sleeping platform, fridge and aux battery back there.

Good choice on a Taco and good luck with the build, I'll be following closely.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone seen a snorkle for the 2010?
TACODOC (probably the most bad ass 2nd Gen ever) on ExPo uses a Safari Snorkel SS135HF which is not made for a 2nd Gen but he made it work.

TACODOC's build thread
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...tacoma+snorkel
Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #27
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
That Tent Is Sweet I Would Love To Do This On Top Of My UnderCover How Does It Work?
I'm coming up with plans similar but with the Maggiolina Airtop in mind on an over the cap rack.

Quote:
I'm working with .... on this as we speak. It's adaptable to tubes, racks and could be bolted to your cover.
See Above comment, any ideas if they could work it out so that the tonneau would still function underneath a cabover rack which supports the Airtent?

Resume thread...and I love that FJ...holy crap!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #28
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dropped it off today to start the process, should take three weeks, we won't be dissapointed. Can't wait!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
I am really looking forward to watching this build!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #30

The suspension is going in first, it's Icon's stage 4 system, Jason Demello is going to fab the bumpers & skids. Rear bumper will have a swing out tire carrier! This is one fun project.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #31
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The suspension is going in first, it's Icon's stage 4 system, Jason Demello is going to fab the bumpers & skids. Rear bumper will have a swing out tire carrier! This is one fun project.
This is going to be freaking sick!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #32
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, I love it too much! It is a great vehicle, but now it's time for the econo build. Besides it's my wifes toy.....................V6 all power, hell I've got crank windows and a single CD player in my Taco!!!
happy wife happy life. love the fj.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #33
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is my "other" Toyota, all my mods were made w/ overland travel and 4X4 performance in mind. I'm working on some modular slides in the bed to haul all of the camping equipment. Also trying to decide to sleep in the camper or install a roof top tent. Bumpers, wheel and suspension are on the list. If anyone knows of any camping type threads please let me know.
Got anymore details on this tent?? Price? Satisfaction with it?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #34

Not to side track this thread if you PM I'll give you the rundown. This is the same style tent that the Tacoma is going to be sporting!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #35
beanZnMyTaCo! is on a distinguished road

Name: beanZ!
beanZnMyTaCo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to side track this thread if you PM I'll give you the rundown. This is the same style tent that the Tacoma is going to be sporting!
very interesting! love that tent... i'd like sum info aswell if ya dont mind! please
thanks man
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #36

Talked to Jason today and he will start fabbing the bumpers, I'll post pics as soon as I can. The tent is a Mombasa, I can get them for $895, they are a great way to camp in.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #37

Going to forward this thread to Demello so he can post up some pics of his progress. Waiting for some custom parts from Icon. this is like an episode of Overhauln'...................
Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going to forward this thread to Demello so he can post up some pics of his progress. Waiting for some custom parts from Icon. this is like an episode of Overhauln'...................
but better because it's a Tacoma.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #39
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #40

Thumbs up pictures

Got a few cell pictures from Demello of the front bumper. Still have to add the center hoop and the lower plate. looks pretty awsome!