Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

INLINEJOHN build

Old 03-31-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
inlinejohn's Tacoma Gallery
INLINEJOHN build

Just starting as I only purchased Saturday (3-27-10)

Specs:
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4WD/DR LB TRD SR5 w 10K miles

Current mods:
Kenwood USB stereo
3" spacer/AAL lift
Toyo Open Country MT 265/70R17
Toyota OEM bed mat
WeatherTech Window deflectors
Grillcraft black grill w TOYOTA & TRD emblems
Truxedo LowPro QT
Pop&Lock Tailgate lock PL5200
Yellow Fog Light Bulbs

Future Plans:
Sliders or Step Rails or maybe nothing

Before pics:

After Lift:

Grill came in mail and couldn't wait. Installed along w TOYOTA emblem and TRD emblem.

Tailgate TRD emblem:

Truxedo LowPro QT cover:

SpiderTrax Spacers installed. I debated installing them since I went with 265 tires, but after seeing the stance/look of the truck after install, I'm very glad I kept/installed them. I drove down the street and it seemed to handle better. It could be in my head, but I will see next time I drive to see if the driving is smoother.

before:

after:

Pop & Lock Install:

Attached Thumbnails
INLINEJOHN build-new-stereo.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Taco!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck man, happy moding! What else you got planned to do to it??
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

more mods added above
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man!! Good luck man!! Keep us posted with pics after each mods!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
tacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nice
Name: Steve
tacosteve's Tacoma Gallery
nice

I like the long bed. good choice

Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #10

Well, after lots of research and weighing all the options against my needs, driving expectations (mostly daily driving), I think my near term mods are as follows (unless I get a resounding NO from the forum). I've thought strongly about the lift options and feel I will try the basic lift first and if I don't like that, Les Schwab agreed to upgrade to 5100s w/o charging me for double labor.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #11

Got it lifted today...... 3" and Toyo Open Country MT 265/70R17 today. I'm so glad I stayed with my stock wheels. I think they look amazing.

I ABSOLUTELY love this truck!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
izu_yo is on a distinguished road

izu_yo's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome shots of an beautiful truck John!

Great job!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where'd the side steps go? I want them.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
Where'd the side steps go? I want them.
For Sale. Make me an offer

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ng-boards.html
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think you might be a little far away. But I'll pm ya anyway.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
I think you might be a little far away. But I'll pm ya anyway.
Not sure if my PMs are working?? Let me know
Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
ozko is on a distinguished road
Name: Ethan
ozko's Tacoma Gallery
Hey John, how much did you pay for your truck? I was thinking a used taco as well.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
mkZero is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
mkZero's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
That's the amount of lift and tire size I want to run on mine
Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck!! I plan on those tires also!!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #20
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
John, Had a question for you, do those tires rub on anything??