Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

mgrande's "7.62" build

Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
mgrande's "7.62" build

How my 2011 sits today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxREKwrD3Q

Truck
2011 DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4

Suspension
King coilovers
king 2.5 rears
TC UCA's
All Pro standard leafs
U-bolt flip kit
Timberens front and rear

Wheels
16" Dick Cepek Torque's
Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16 with full size spare

Armor
CBI rear bumper (linex'd)
CBI sliders with kickout
Relentless aluminum front (linex'd)
Full set of Budbuilt aluminum skids
BAMF rear diff skid

Other Mods
Diff breather mod
FLYZEYE wired lighting
D-rings mod
TRD seat covers
Blacked out sport grill
Dynomax cat back exhaust (dumped over axle)
ARB air compressor (under the hood)
TC spindle gussets

Comm
Midland CB
3" Wilson flex antenna

Well, after a year of waiting, planning and staring at my pc screen, it has finally started! Let us begin.

My truck the day I bought it. 09 TRD sport, DBL cab long bed. Caliber- 5.56

Here's all my stuff, just waiting on some final parts. 5 Mickey Thompson ATZ tires 285/70/17, OME 885's, 9000's, Dakar leafs, OME rear shocks, 4 Pro Comp 7189 17x8's, 1 Pro Comp steel 17x8 (spare), Demello Offroad rock crusher slideres, HI-lift, dynomax ultraflo muffler (already installed), and LR UCA's.

While waiting for my lift to arrive, I purchased a toolbox from UWS, sockmonkey decals, and a tundra 4x4 badge. Here they are with the badge blacked out.

Way better than the stock decals and after watching a video on youtube, very easy.

Next I picked up a hi-lift and all of the expensive ass accessories for it. I chose to install it underneath my toolbox so it was not very visible to people. I painted the handle black to help hide it, but I still need to paint the handle keeper thing.

Testing out my lift mate

Time for the lift! Went with a full OME. 885's with 9000's and top plate and LR UCA's up front, dakars and OME shocks in the rear. Here's the driver side spindle I had to replace. Took me about a day.(the top of it was bent from hitting a median at 70mph)

Finally the driver side was finished.

finally on day 1.5, at 11pm, its done.

Next day, putting the wheels on.

Ran into another snag. after I got my wheels mounted, I was on my way to the alignment shop and got a really bad vibration in my steering wheel. Told him when I got there so he test drove it and when he put it on the lift, the lugs were about to come off So he tightened them and aligned my truck. On the way home I got the same thing. Something was up. I took off a tire to check it out anf foud this.

My lugs, gorilla with extra long shank, were too long for the rim. They would vibrate and come loose.

So, with the correct, regular shank lugs, here it is.
Caliber- 7.62

Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great man
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, I still need to put on my sliders. Going turkey hunting next week so they may have to wait.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
It didn't stay clean for long. My friend came over in her brand new 2010 4runner and we went around the corner to a place I spotted a while back.

It performed great. I dont think I could be happier with it. The ATZ's gripped awesome, I'm not sure why they're not more popular on here.
Now I have to get it clean.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Dang your truck is nice!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Did your friend get the Runner dirty?
Oh yeah, she's still stock but I was really impressed with how atrac was able to get her unstuck out of the first mudhole she went in.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS amazing man
Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
LOOKS amazing man
Thanks man, I still have to put on my rock crushers and get my lower bumper and inner grill painted black.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
She really knows how to use a Toyota!
lol, it was her first time. She was nervous as hell!! As this video clearly shows. This is also where she got stuck, put atrac got her out once I convinced her that all the noise it made was normal.

http://www.vimeo.com/10682288
Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
hahahah^^^^
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
lol, it was her first time. She was nervous as hell!! As this video clearly shows. This is also where she got stuck, put atrac got her out once I convinced her that all the noise it made was normal.

http://www.vimeo.com/10682288
Haha. Ok let me rephrase that. She is really using her Toyota what it's meant for. Just kidding. Everybody has to start some where.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #16
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
is the runner 4x4??
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #17
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, 4x4 with atrac
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Today was productive. I started with installing my CB drop to get rid of the take off shutter I had. It did the trick, and with the shutter gone, I'm very impressed with how much quicker I can take off.

Next was the diff breather, I followed Neubs directions pretty close.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
My CV angles

Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #20
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
And the fun part. Did some wheeling with hofs05 from t4r again. It wasn't as wet this time, so I went nice and slow that way I could feel how much traction my tires were getting in the mud. Once again, they really performed great. I kept it in 4hi the whole time, and trac only had to kick in a few times. They even did well when I was climbing the ruts, trying to make them not as deep (which is a job for a tractor, not a tacoma).
I love the way my exhaust sounds in these videos
http://www.vimeo.com/10968255

All the rattling you hear is coming from a extra floor jack (in addition to my hi-lift) and a bunch of wood in my bed.
http://www.vimeo.com/10968406

http://www.vimeo.com/10968668

Here's hofs05 in her 2010 4runner
http://www.vimeo.com/10968852