Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

gtmiller1001 build page

Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
gtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura aboutgtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura aboutgtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Greg
gtmiller1001's Tacoma Gallery
gtmiller1001 build page

Well, I've been checkin out this sight for a while now, made a few posts but mostly just absorbed alot of info. Just want to say thanks for all that take the time to post these ridiculously detailed write ups. My taco is just a 2WD and most things I have done are for looks. I don't really go offroad. So, anyways...here she is!

Sorry for the pic quality, the wife took my camera out of town this weekend b/c she broke hers (hopefully mine comes back OK!)

MODS
Debadged
Removed mud flaps
BHLM
Anytime Fogs
Lamin-x Yellow Fog Covers
Grillcraft (re-located horns and painted radiator)
Black Bullbar
Spraypainted Stock Sport rims (FJ Centercaps)
265/70/17 Bridgestone Dueller AT's
Pop and Lock powered tailgate lock
Wet Okole's all around
Weather Tech's
Integrated blutooth phone/music with Parrot
Hardwired Garmin
Added bed lights
Rear TSB Leafs w/AAL
Front Toytec Coilovers w/5100's
Bed storage compartment locks

FUTURE
Nitto Trail Graplers (when I need new tires)
Spidertrax wheel spacers to accomadate above
Locking rear diff (still undecided on whether it's worth it)
Power sliding rear window
Tinted tails
LED brakelight b/t tailgate and bumper

Don't know that I've seen it done like this before. I actually cut into the bed liner and recessed regular old driving lights from Autozone, they work great!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice build!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
gtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura aboutgtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura aboutgtmiller1001 has a spectacular aura about

Just curious about opinions on the bull bar.

Now that I have the grillcraft grill i'm not so sure i want to keep it.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
I like that they are a good place for mounting lights but they are bad off road with approach angles.
Yeah, I don't really go offroad. I just put them back there for loading/unloading stuff at night.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmiller1001 View Post
Yeah, I don't really go offroad. I just put them back there for loading/unloading stuff at night.
Well then. You don't have any functional lose with it. Is it easy to remove so you can see the difference?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #9
keithlandrum is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
keithlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
do you still have your UCA's
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Well then. You don't have any functional lose with it. Is it easy to remove so you can see the difference?
You mean to remove the lights to show the dif. with and without them? No, they're siliconed in there pretty good. It works well b/c I can just pop the little cubbie right next to them out and reach behind to change the bulbs. They are really bright and work great for what they are there for.

I'm probably going to put another set of the same lights under the truck as reverse lights as well when I tint my tails.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlandrum View Post
do you still have your UCA's

If you mean do I still have my stock UCA's installed, yep!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #12
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You mean to remove the lights to show the dif. with and without them? No, they're siliconed in there pretty good. It works well b/c I can just pop the little cubbie right next to them out and reach behind to change the bulbs. They are really bright and work great for what they are there for.

I'm probably going to put another set of the same lights under the truck as reverse lights as well when I tint my tails.
Huh? I thought we were talking about the bull bar.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Like the Seat Covers were did ya get them.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Huh? I thought we were talking about the bull bar.
OOOOHHHH....my fault. Yeah, it's easy to remove. I'll probably do that this weekend and post some pics without it. I've been talking about the damn bed lights this whole time!

maybe i should get off this thing while working......
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Like the Seat Covers were did ya get them.
Thanks! Wet Okole, I love them so far.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #16
keithlandrum is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
keithlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
how does it ride with the stock uca's was you able to get it aligned right
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #17
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Thanks! Wet Okole, I love them so far.
If you dont mind me asking how much where they?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlandrum View Post
how does it ride with the stock uca's was you able to get it aligned right
Yeah, thing drives straight as an arrow and feels solid.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
If you dont mind me asking how much where they?
A little over $500 for the set
Old 04-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
Quote:
A little over $500 for the set

Is that for front and back