Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My68ur8's Build

Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
My68ur8's Build

I have finally started the modding, so I figured I would start one of these famous build threads

Just to start off, I removed most of the aftermarket parts off my my X-runner before I sold it, so I had alot of parts in the garage to put back on.

Current Mod List:

TRD S/C
APR X-1
APR 2.85" pulley
TRD CAI
URD 3" Catback
6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
Icon Coilovers
Alcan 6" springs
All Pro U-bolt Flip
All Pro Bolt on Sliders
17x9 XD Addicts
33 x 12.50 General Grabber AT2
Extended Stainless Steel Brakelines
Bilstein rear 5125
BHLM with projector retro
6K HID foglights
Sport Grille
Pioneer AVH-P6800
Redline hood struts
Cravenspeed Flex Pod w Boost/Fuel pressure
White Dash LEDs
Illuminated 4x4 indicator mod
LED interior lights
WO neoprene arm rests / console lid
09+ Taillights
35% Tint
Weathertech vent visors
Muth Signal Mirrors

One-Piece Driveshaft
Wet Okole Seat Covers
Self Built Bed Bar with Hi Lift Mount and Bed Lights
N-Fab Light Bar
4 Hella 700FF driving lights
Viair Constant Duty OBA system (self build mount)
OTRATTW Switches for all accesories

Current Pic:

Bought the truck on March 21st

2007 SW Dcab 4x4 TRD OR

The night that I got it home, this went in

two days later, TRD CAI

and my fancy battery tie down

debadged the tailgate ( and yes I plan on changing my plates....)

put in the SC2 and blendmount

threw on the Flexpod ( gauges are not hooked up at the moment)

Pulled the mudflaps off and put the URD Catback on

and then this past weekend I got really busy

TRD S/C and APR X-1 and had the valve covers powdercoated

I have a 2.85" pulley and DTLT headers waiting to go on, I just havent had the time yet

Update 4/10/2010

Sport Grill and Weathertech wind visors added

Updated 4/13/2010

rcbs204 4x4 Switch Illumination installed ( if you are thinking about this, do it, its super simple and a great easy mod)

Gauge Pod In Progress

Updated 5/16/2010
Redline Hood Struts

LED Dash Swap

Allpro U Bolt Flip

ICON Coilovers

12" Travel Bilstein 5125s

EZ Down Tailgate damper

and the dremel work needed to clear the cable

Alcan Rear Leafs (6" lift + 200 lbs)

XD Series Addict - 17x19 -12 offset

BHLM with Orange Signals, Projectors, and halos

Couldnt get the Grabbers in time so I ordered these

General Grabber AT2 33x12.50R17

Fabtech 6" Lift

Stainless Brake Lines

09+ Tail lights

Chopped the tailpipe

URD Fusebox cover

TRD Radiator Cap

WO Neoprene Arm rests and console Lid

One Piece Driveshaft made my Gregory's Fleet Driveline

Wet Okoles

[IMG]file:///F:/DCIM/111NIKON/DSCN4862.JPG[/IMG]

ATO Hi Lift mounts

All Pro Bolt on Sliders

Ammo Cans

Stereo install

2011 Grille

Bubbuilt Trac Bar

Bed Bar with Bed Lights

N-Fab light bar and Hella 700FF

Bussman fuse/relay block w/ 100 Amp breaker

Viair OBA

OTRATTW Switches in stock blanks

Just a start and I will keep this updated

Justin
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Call On The Vavle Covers! Nice Set Up!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Very impressive so far! You're gonna have one bad ass truck with everything you have planned. Look forward to your sub box, cause your access cab boxes are amazing!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Badass, Im jealous.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkislanding View Post
Bad-ass setup! Hide your money$$$

lol, I need to find some first

the only way this is happening this fast is because I took most of the parts off of the X-runner that I sold

it is going to slow down here soon, but I will keep this thread updated

Justin
Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet mods man!! Looking forward to seeing the rest! Nice truck!!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Awesome! When you put on bigger tires do you plan to regear?

yes I do,

that may be the deciding factor on the tire size I get
I may try some 33s first and then save up some cash for a regear. Then when those tires are worn out I will regear and throw some 35s on it

we will see

with the blower I should have enough juice to move 35s just fine with stock gearing, but I dont want it to stick in 4th gear on the interstate

my biggest issue now is finding rims that I like

Justin
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
14 days and you have done all that... Nice ride, I think you will have a more than moderate wheeler
Old 04-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
yes I do,

that may be the deciding factor on the tire size I get
I may try some 33s first and then save up some cash for a regear. Then when those tires are worn out I will regear and throw some 35s on it

we will see

with the blower I should have enough juice to move 35s just fine with stock gearing, but I dont want it to stick in 4th gear on the interstate

my biggest issue now is finding rims that I like

Justin
That's good. I was hoping you weren't going to sacrifice the power that you worked so hard to get.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
That's good. I was hoping you weren't going to sacrifice the power that you worked so hard to get.
nope

I have done this before with my 99 Taco that I had before the X

TRD S/C and 4.88s with 35s and that truck would scoot for being as big as it was.

Time will tell.

Justin
Old 04-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope

I have done this before with my 99 Taco that I had before the X

TRD S/C and 4.88s with 35s and that truck would scoot for being as big as it was.

Time will tell.

Justin
I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood

'nuff said.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Awesome! Can't wait to see a local truck like this!
I will make some local meets. I have just been really busy for the past month or so

I can host a meet at my house too, a "lets lift Justin's truck" meet

I can get the XR guys over here too

Justin
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #19
Save the manuals!
darcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud of
darcivic00si's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will make some local meets. I have just been really busy for the past month or so

I can host a meet at my house too, a "lets lift Justin's truck" meet

I can get the XR guys over here too

Justin
Very nice truck! I didn't even realize you were in VA til Colton mentioned it. Awww, too bad I am in the sandbox, lol. No meet for me
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcivic00si View Post
Very nice truck! I didn't even realize you were in VA til Colton mentioned it. Awww, too bad I am in the sandbox, lol. No meet for me

when you get back let me know, Another enthusiat in Williamsburg would be a nice thing.

Justin