Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Johnson's Silver Bullet

Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Johnson's Silver Bullet

Here is a thread for my 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner double cab long bed.
I bought it used in June of 2009 with 6,300 miles.

How it sits today

This is what I started with, minus the roof rack and tool box. The bug guard came with it, and was quickly removed.

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's @ .85"
1/2" driver side top plate
1/4" passenger side top plate
Eibach coils
Light Racing UCA's
Toytec 1.5" aal w/ 5100's
Firestone Ride Rite air bags

Wheels/Tires:
Konig Counter Steer Type-X matte bronze 17x8
BFG AT 275/70r17

Engine:
TRD cold air intake
Aero Turbine 2525 muffler
pipe dumped behind rear axle

Exterior:
TJM T-15 bumper
Amp Research Bed Xtender
Bestop Supertop
Toyota bedmat
Toyota roof rack
AVS rain guards
Sockmonkey decals
debadged and rebadged
Grillcraft
Devil Horns emblem
T1 Angry Eyelids

Interior:
Inalfa 925 in-built moonroof
Katzkin leather, grey with black inserts and black stitching, black armrests
Weathertech floor mats
Front windows tinted 35%
OTRATTW acc. switches

Stereo:
Kenwood DDX516
Focal Polyglass 165 VB components in front doors
Focal Access 165 CA1 coaxials in rear doors
Speaker adapters from hookedontronics
Polk Audio MM1040DVC 10" dual voice coil sub in Mr. Marv box
Alpine PDX-5 amplifier
Rammat and Ensolite on doors and back wall
Boyo license plate mount back up camera

Lighting:
FX-R stage III with Morimoto 35w ballasts, 6000k D2S bulbs, gatling shrouds custom painted silver streak and satin black
BHLM with krylon fusion satin black, reflector bowls painted silver streak
Nokya 2500k H4 55w fog light bulbs
Hella 700's w/ HID 55w 3500k bulbs
Rigid Dually spot lights
LED license plate lights
LED reverse lights
KC aux. backup lights

New wish list:
OME struts w/ 886 coils
Inchworm 05+ prerunner adapter
4wd transmission tailhousing
FJ Cruiser transfer case
Front Diff
C/V axles
RST ADD harness

The first thing I added is a low profile black toolbox from Leonard truck accessories and the factory roof rack. I cut some carpet squares to fit in the bottom of the toolbox to keep my crap from sliding around and rattling.

Then I added the USA-Spec I-pod integrater. This was a nice piece. I can choose an album or playlist with the ipod, and change tracks with the stereo control.

I then installed the angel eye headlights. I loved these for a while, but they started fogging up and only working when they wanted.

Then I installed the Flowmaster dual exhaust kit and TRD cold air intake.

Added Sockmonkey decals and tinted the front windows 35%

I added some N-Fab step bars in September of 2009, but I never liked the way they look so I sold them to a member here.

I love this truck. Here it is hauling some mulch. I hauled 5 yards, 1 yard at a time, while fixing up my Dad's yard.

Here it is busy in my yard in summer of 2009

Grillcraft upper and lower, Lamin-x fog lights, AVS rain guards, debadged with "Taco" grill emblem, and trimmed 1 1/2" off front mudflaps

Billies @ 1.75" with lean spacer, rear Billies and 1.5" Toytec AAL. Raceline Renegade 6 16"x8" w/ 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs

Upgraded to a Kenwood DDX-516 headunit w/ i-pod integration, and added a CB radio

Bought a Amp Research bed extender. Got it on sale for $140

Leather and moonroof!!

Added the Bestop Supertop. I love how versatile it is.

Got tired of the angel eye headlights fogging up only working when they wanted to.

New devil emblem and headlights: ebay black housings with DDM 35w 6000k HID's. Also added Nokya 2500k fog bulbs.

New front suspension setup. Eibachs and Light Racing UCA's

Crappy picture of the new stance.

Bought a used BDF light bar from a member and added Hella 500's behind the grill.

Toyota running boards

Retrofitted FX-R projectors from TRS. Morimoto 35w 6000k D2S with gatling shrouds

Mr. Marv built me an enclosure out of birch to fit my Polk Audio MM1040 dual voice coil 10" sub.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!!! when I first saw the title I was saying he better have a coors light in their...LOL
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Sweet!!! when I first saw the title I was saying he better have a coors light in their...LOL
hell yea man! haha

Thanks for the replies. I need to get some pictures of it in the dirt. I haven't had much time lately to get new pictures. I work too much.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck man.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck bro...it looks very clean!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
think more pictures were posted since i last said something. man i love the sun roof looks amazing. and loving the lights, how are they at night?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
Glamour Shot

Yea I added more pics but never bumped it. I'm getting bored with the lights, the passenger side has started fogging up a lot. The light out-put is good but I'm working on my bhlm with some 35 watt bixenon hid's. I also installed some Nokya 2500k fog light bulbs, I love the way they look.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #13
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
would you suggest those to someone else? i just like the look. but never a clear answer from others if its worth it
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Glamour Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
would you suggest those to someone else? i just like the look. but never a clear answer from others if its worth it
Yes if you like the way they look then do it. But seal them before installing them or they WILL fog up eventually.

I just feel like changing the look.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #15
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Yes if you like the way they look then do it. But seal them before installing them or they WILL fog up eventually.

I just feel like changing the look.
thanks, i'll keep that in mind
Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
Glamour Shot

I ordered a Bestop Supertop earlier this week. The Fedex man finally showed up with it yesterday right before the storm, so I got the frame put together so I could install it today. The frame went on no problem. I went to put the cover on, and of course it doesn't fit. If I button all the snaps on the hoops, it leaves a HUGE wrinkle all the way down the top of the cover. Man I love it when shit like this happens.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Killer silver streak build! I will soon have pretty much the exact leather seats that you have, but I'm damn jealous of that sunroof and the kenwood.

I think the grille looks way better with the horny toyota badge than it did with no badge. I might end up doing that same grille/badge mod to mine.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
Glamour Shot

Thanks BenWA!

I got the Bestop situation pretty much squared away. It seems Bestop packaged the wrong canvas with the tacoma 6ft bed hardware kit. Due to autopartsdealer.com's shitty customer service (they pretty much don't have any, after multiple phone calls and e-mails with no response), I contacted Bestop directly and they are sending me a replacement canvas. Top notch customer service from Bestop.