Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TrdGuyKc BUILD

Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
TrdGuyKc BUILD

Ok, so I have decided it was time to create a thread showing the progression of my truck. This will be a progressive one being that I have completed quite a bit and am now having to sort through all my pics and write this up, so bear with me.

Here is how it sits as of today:

I dont have many pictures, but here it is stock a few weeks after I originally purchased it in Feb. 2007.

LIGHTING:

Headlights:

The very first addition made to my truck was a McCulloch 6000k PNP HID kit.

I ran with this setup since new and decided that I would try a retrofit (and complete the BHLM. I bought the FX-R stage 4 kit from Retrofitsource.com. The process took a solid 2 days, but was well worth the money and the time as you can see. Leaps and Bounds better than ANY other lighting.

Headlight Housings (over time, in order):

Grille Lighting:

As many others have on this board, I added some Hella 500's behind the grille. Not all that functional, but I loved the looks.

PERFORMANCE

Thereafter, I found myself wanting some more power/sound, so along the way I purchased a TRD intake, TRD exhaust, Doug Thorley LT headers, a URD Y pipe, and the URD MAF calibrator. I then went to DynoComp and got it tuned.

Sound:

Tune:

LIFT/WHEELS/TIRES

Then came the Lift, Wheels, and Tires. I originally went with the basic Toytec 3" (885's and top plate/aal in rear), along with 5100's and 285/70/17 BFG m/t's wrapped around Pro-comp 6007 17x9 wheels. And it came out like this:

Since were on the topic of Lifts and Tires, I soon realized that there was quite a bit of SAG in the rear (and the front as well), so what i ended up doing, (and how it sits now), is getting the TSB spring pack in the back and throwing the AAl back in, and for the front, I ordered a 1" daystar spacer to go along with the saggy 885's. Heres a before and after shot of how it sat.

BEFORE::

AFTER::

Once the BFG's were retired I decided i would try a new size and ended up deciding on GoodYear MTR with Kevlar in 305/70/17. I did have to complete the cab mount chop in order to complete a full lock turn.

EXTERIOR TRIM:

So originally I purchased a Billet grille off ebay and sprayed it black with 3m runnerized undercoating.

Then I went ahead and decided I would go through with the Satoshi.

Only other differences on the exterior of the truck (that i can think of now), are the Lower Valence Vinyl, and the painted rear tailgate handle.

That will have to do it for the time being. I'm sure im missing a few things but when they come to me, ill update it.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking truck you got there!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Finally! About time brotha!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Finally! About time brotha!
lol, no kiddin right...... i was sitting there for so long saying that i need to do it, but knew it would take a bit of time.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
lol, no kiddin right...... i was sitting there for so long saying that i need to do it, but knew it would take a bit of time.

Well, whenever you wanna do some retrofit headlights for me... I'm ready with cash money!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post

Well, whenever you wanna do some retrofit headlights for me... I'm ready with cash money!

I dont mind helping out man. If you buy them ill get some time and help you out.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
How do you like those goodyears? I'm thinking about them in that size.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
How do you like those goodyears? I'm thinking about them in that size.
i like them a lot actually. Road manners are very similar to the old BFG's. They do require a bit of trimming though.... and the cab mount chop.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #12
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Well I will have about 6" of lift but that's cool thanks. Nice truck as well man I like the retro headlights.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
how are your cv's with like 4 inches of lift??
Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
how are your cv's with like 4 inches of lift??
Its not 4".... the original 885's sagged like crazy. Im sitting right at 3" right now with the TSB and the new spacer in the front.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
looks really good, you have done a great job. there has got to be some tunes inside those doors?? look forward to the updates.

any vibes or shudder with your lift?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
wow dude your truck looks sick! very nice build!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Love the way your truck looks!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen this thing in person and it is freaking insanely sexy! Nice work dude!