Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

From Stock to Murder

Old 04-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
From Stock to Murder

Right now my 2010 Tacoma Sport is all stock, I haven't done a single thing to it beside replace the tailgate that my father-in-law ran into a mailbox (crazy what a mailbox can do to a tailgate) as well as your typical preventive maintenance (oil, air filter, etc.). I have a long list of mods that I want to do but haven't even considered started due to military life.

So, I'm creating this thread for two things. 1.) being a place for me to list what I want done 2.) for you, the TW viewer to critique what I want done AS WELL AS what you as a Tacoma driver would do with a completely stock Tacoma if you had an unlimited amount of money.

Opinions are desperately needed.

The NEW list...

Grille: Grillcraft
F Bumper: Shrockworks Taco Winch Bumper
Headlights: Retrofit Bi-Xenon [suggestions on wattage and all of that other electrical shit I don't know about]
Fog Lights on F Bumper: PIAA 4" 510 Ion Crystal
Spot Lights on Top Center of F Bumper: (4) PIAA 6" RS 600 Halogen [this within the loop; plausible?]
Lift 6": [suggestions? Please add any accessory pieces I may need. I recently wanted a 3" but decided against it]
Tires: Dick Cepek Fun Country II 35's [Suggestion for rim & width size. I chose these awhile ago...can't even remember what they look like...I use the truck to travel as well as offroad so any suggestions for that would be sweet]
Rims: Robby Gordon Signature Series [I just want all black with beadlock or beadlock replica...suggestions again]
Sliders: All Pro
Tint: I can get done at any shop... plan to get the most from percentage out of TX, WI, NC...which ever is legal.
Skid plate: Front All-Pro IFS
D-Ring: Toyota stock near upper tailgate and rear bed
Bed Cross Bars: I notice a lot of people make their own. [suggestions on welding this is appreciated]
Spare Mount: ORI Angle Spare [an angled spare tire mount that attaches to bed rack]
Jerry Can Mount
Jerry Cans: Plan to acquire (2) from local Motor Pool and spray paint black with white label.
Jack: Hi-Lift 48"
Jack Mount: Hi-Lift
Shovel/Axe kit: Plan to acquire from local Motor Pool.
Shovel/Axe mount: [whatever works]
Roof Rack: Warrior Products 40" x 50" [Just want enough room at end of short bed to allow trash cans / (2) dogs but extend whole width of bed]
Defender Roof Rack A & S Bracket
Tow Hook: Smittybilt Receiver
Bed Lights: (1) Pro Comp Explorer Clear Driving Package
R Bumper: All Pro Bumper w/ Side Pieces & Hitch
Fire Extinguisher: Can get from Farm & Fleet or something...something to mount on bed rack.
Tail Light Cover: Auto Vent Shade
Cold Air Intake: TRD CAI
Super Chip: Unichip Performance [Open to suggestions]
CO2 Tank w/ Hose Exhaust: I don't even know where to begin looking for this...mount on bed rack.
Shackles: (4) Clevis Shackles Shrockworks
Winch: Ramsey 8,000 (comes with Shrockworks; wired, syn)
First Aid Kit: Wal-mart
R Seat, F Seat, and Cntr Cnsle Cover: Wet Okole (Black)
Dock Station: Hand crafted; capable of mounting Zune, Droid (GPS); covers two front cup holders and accessory table.
F Antennae: Shorty Antenna
R Antennae: Some sort of fold down antennae w/ mount for CB [Suggestions]
CB Radio: Cobra 19 DX IV
Floor Mats: Weather Tech front & rear (black)
Dash lights: Mod to white instead of orange; All lights including door lights.
Switches: [Suggestions from where to buy switches] Will mount on left side of steering wheel; if necessary, mount on docking station /center console.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
murder is good
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
If your going to be offroading, just go ahead and SAS it. Unless its going to be DD duty mostly. And id suggest at least 33"s if you go w/ a 6" kit.

Edit: I have a tiregate for sale.
New to the mechanical side of vehicles man. SAS? DD?..you think 32's will be alright with a 3" though? I just kind of guessed on it because my friend always siggested 33's (I used to want a 6").
Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I am truly curious as to what originated the phrase "murder" for a blacked out car.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
SAS = solid axle swap (a front axle with a pig like super duty fords instead of independent front suspension like hummvies)
DD = daily driver
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Marines:
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks taco...

Wasn't using "murder" to reference the color of a vehicle.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
Murder would be more like what his wallet is going to do to him when he starts the mods.

Hmm.. unlimited money? Jam a Tundra 5.7L with supercharger into your Taco.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
Marines:
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Time has passed and I actually have progressed toward getting one of those mods done...I ordered a Grillcraft grille from Pungo Offroad in VA Beach...I'll wait on pictures until I get more...Also, this is a bump because more mods will come within the coming months.

And Mort, I'm Republican...I have money. So many people look down on robbing poor countries for oil.

I'll use SmittyT2k6 from TTORA as an example for bed rack and lift / wheels