Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Fistgar's Magnetic Grey Build

Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Off-Road Limo
Fistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chance
Fistgar's Tacoma Gallery
Fistgar's Magnetic Grey Build (updated 11/15/10)

Purchased in January 2010 and I can't stop playing with it

So Far:

Blacked out headlight from ebay
Satoshi Grille
rear TSB
Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75
Goodyear Duratrac's 265 75 16's
Gunmetal (anthracite) FJ TRD wheels
20% tint all around
Relocated Horns
Painted radiator black
Painted engine cover
D-rings in front of bed

Things I will be doing either tomorrow or in the near future:

Hella 500's behind the satoshi
N-Fab step bars (black)
Blacking out the badges
Punisher side emblems from Sockmonkey
Tacomaworld.com sticker in the back window (adds +5hp)
Punisher sticker in back window
Custom skidplate from metalmiller
Painting the front calipers red
Cold air intake (maybe?)
and other shit I haven't thought of yet...

and now... pictures!

Bone stock the day we bought it!

Of course, right after the first 500 mile service I took it on a road trip to Florida in an attempt to escape the snow...

I began with a bang... SATOSHI!!!
I purchased one of those super-cheap oem grilles for like 45 bucks and it took me about a week to do. I did discover that epoxy has a habit of getting on things and places you really don't want it to... like my hair

Alot of bondo and sanding...

Well, the satoshi turned out great but my painting skills sucked the big one... I ended up taking it to a professional to get it done right.

TRD emblem I picked up off ebay...

Purchased some blacked out ebay headlights and installed them while I had the grille off.

Another shot of the headlights and satoshi. The grille was still dirty from bondo dust and the shitty paintjob It will look better in a bit... I promise

This is after having it professionally color-matched. WAY BETTER! This was a good comparison between the stock grille and the finished satoshi.

Another comparison shot.

Of course I had to paint the radiator black because it looked stupid shining through the mesh on the satoshi grille.

I was able to relocate the horns to just behind the front bumper and was able to leave the temperature sensor in it's original position!

I was going to put on the bilstein 5100's myself but mother nature decided to literally RAIN on my parade so I decided to get creative with the engine cover instead.

Red is the color of POWER!!!

I was pretty happy with the result!

Some people wonder why do it when nobody else can see it? The reason is because "I" know it's there and that all that really matters to me

I've gotten the bilstein 5100's installed in the front and set to 1.75 and the rear TSB done. I've also added some Anthracite TRD FJ wheels with some Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler tires (265 75 16) but I haven't gotten the opportunity to take some pictures of them yet. This is a picture taken by a fellow tacomaworld member at the Northern Kentucky Tacomaworld shindig last weekend. As soon as it stops raining and I can get the batteries on the camera recharged I'll take some more and update the thread!

UPDATE!!!

Here's some pics that I finally uploaded to my computer.

I've got some sockmonkey bedside decals on the way and I've tinted the tail lights. Still wanting to put a roof rack on it and some step bars. Once those Duratracs wear out, I'm gonna go the full 3" lift and put on some 285's!!! Can't go any higher than that though because I'm afraid I won't fit into parking garages...
Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
schus21 will become famous soon enoughschus21 will become famous soon enough
schus21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post a side view pic of your truck with those FJ wheels?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a list of where you got all the stuff for the satoshi grille im either thinking about doing it or having that guy on tw to do ... and where did you find some emblems?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
your truck looks sickkk
Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I know this truck.

Even better looking in person.

The Wheels rule!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #9
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i like the headlights. i might have to pick up a set of those
Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #10
ultraxr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Electronic Technician
ultraxr's Tacoma Gallery
Very sick truck. Subscribed to follow along with your build. Looking forward for more updates and pictures.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
Off-Road Limo
Fistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shedFistgar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chance
Fistgar's Tacoma Gallery
Updated some new pics! They aren't the most recent but I've gotta borrow the wife's camera again and wait for it to stop raining...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Magnetic gray is the sh****! Good job!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
You need to update this!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
htowntaco23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
htowntaco23's Tacoma Gallery
What size wheels are those?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #15
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntaco23 View Post
What size wheels are those?
265/75/16
Old 01-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Can we get some new pics? It says 1.75 & 2.5?